Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scam  (Read 7790 times)
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:04:34 PM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

Would be appreciate a link to an old thread, perhaps I just didn't find it.

UPD Best Advices:
  • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs
  • invest in an ICO with a working prototype only

It is necessary to pay more attention to the project team. If you see known reliable people in a row of authors you can trust the project. This is my way. I never failed doing in a such way to avoid scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:13:06 PM

This is the good thing. Because these days many ICO didn't offer any demo or prototype that can be seen by investors.
    I hope in the next few months, ICO creator realizes this factors. They might have a good marketing, but if they don't have a good product, the project will not last long.

fatenmo

Activity: 280
    Merit: 108

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 12:14:06 PM

You are right in that scammers know all of this and are obviously trying to make their scam look legit. I also use quality and originality of the idea, what the website looks like and whether the team members are active in the cryptocommunity.
    Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 12:16:30 PM

I mean, is there an exact list of rules that could guarantee that someone who follows them will surely not become a victim of another ICO scam. Of course there are obvious rules like event participation, reputation of team members among ather prifessionals, approve by well-known advisors. But potential scammers also know all these criteria and know what to fake exactly.

Is there a 'blockchain way' to create an algorithm, scheme or set of conditions allowing to recognise and ban scammers? Not government laws way which also good for the market in my opinion.

Would be appreciate a link to an old thread, perhaps I just didn't find it.

UPD Best Advices:
    • learn about previous ICO projects, select viable ones and participate similar ICOs

indeed it is a weakness in the world of crypto, there is no clear law for the swindlers here. so what is needed is your experience and intelligence if you want to invest and trade. at least you should read whitepapers, websites and who their team works. if you are confident with their team, you can start it.
    KceoH

Activity: 294
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 12:17:52 PM

At the moment it can not be avoided, or you need to carefully and carefully study each company. Because now there are a lot of scammers on the market and you can stay without your money!
    Tuare aget

Activity: 210
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 12:21:36 PM

More search and reading is the first step you need to do, then you will find your own solution. But there is no 100 percent sure or guarantee to determine whether that ICO you choose is legit or not scam.

First thing we should do before joining on ICOs is always research. With gathering many information, we can make good decision before we investing our money. Reading whitepaper, looking information about their dev team and their product will give us many information

As other said too that before investing we need to research and its the most important thing to do.
    The question is what research is that? Research about team, idea of the project and also working product. I think its been answered many time but its still difficult to do.
    Alex_marik

Activity: 336

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 12:24:43 PM

Look for more information about the project, look at the command, have the team experience, carefully study the crypto advisors of the project you want to invest in.
    dasha_buka

Activity: 392

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 05:36:52 PM

You just need to be interested in investors, partners and creators of ICOs. If it is a dark personality that nobody ever knew about, then with certainty 99% is a scam!
    jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
    April 11, 2018, 06:37:30 PM

In order to avoid the projects that today are scum. The best option will be to take time to fully study the project from team members, to the point where people and the project are registered and still it will not be able to affect that this project will not be scam
    Crypto_Fiend1337

Activity: 3

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 06:36:24 AM

In order to avoid the projects that today are scum. The best option will be to take time to fully study the project from team members, to the point where people and the project are registered and still it will not be able to affect that this project will not be scam
    Please excuse the ignorance, but where can I actually go to find information like that? Obviously the ICO page will have what they want the public to see, where else can I go?
    Ta
    Blockvisory

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
    April 12, 2018, 09:05:47 AM

Please excuse the ignorance, but where can I actually go to find information like that? Obviously the ICO page will have what they want the public to see, where else can I go?
    Ta
    Let me quote what @coinbergh said in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2819742.msg34383225#msg34383225 cause I know these steps will help to isolate good/bad projects.

- Research to project.
    - Research about team members and their past works.
    - Read to whitepaper properly.
    - Check to road map.
    - Observe project's social media accounts.
    - Send mail to team members if you have an a question about project.
    - Look at to trusted ico review sites.
    - Check campaign manager.

If these 8 steps are okay, i think project will be successful. Don't waste your time for shitty projects.
    Boi qaaf

Activity: 345

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 09:12:16 AM

No its all in the mind and market variations and market study.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
    Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 09:26:20 AM

The best way to avoid an ICO scam is to avoid any participation in ICOs at all. If you are afraid to be scammed in ICO, because I think there a more scam ICO than the legit ones, then avoid it and just trade, or buy coins already in the market for a less riskier investment.

asstruz

Activity: 30

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 05:21:17 PM

There is  to avoid ICO scam is to don't enter without any knowledge on what ICO you are joining, don't go empty handed because it is the most important weapon you must have in  going against your doubts. With this, you have at least the assurance that this is not a scam, because you already researched about the ICO and already reviewed it.
    ipsec

Activity: 584
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 05:33:28 PM

The best way to avoid an ICO scam is to avoid any participation in ICOs at all. If you are afraid to be scammed in ICO, because I think there a more scam ICO than the legit ones, then avoid it and just trade, or buy coins already in the market for a less riskier investment.
    Agree I avoid ICO. There are many interesting projects worth investing in. Some do not require money, but take some time Smiley
    Torps1

Activity: 574
    Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 05:39:40 PM

Some scammers operate professionally, they seek for information and are knowledgeable in what they intends doing. However, we can cut down on their chances by doing a research into the project' Team members, project ideas, etc.
    Zedxxx

Activity: 364
    Merit: 22

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 05:49:56 PM

It's very hard to avoid ICO scam. You should research and find out some news about the ICO before investing.
    Zeke_23

Activity: 868
    Merit: 333

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 05:53:22 PM

the best way to avoid scam ico is to investigate carefully and find much information as you can. primary information such team, platform, and the influence of the manager is not enough.

AMEPAY
    ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
    ███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
    ███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
    ████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
    ▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
    ▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
    ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀██
    ███████████████▀
    ▀▀█████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    │▌
    AME TRADE HERE
    ▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
    █████████  ▀█████
    ███████▀     ▀███
    ██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
    ██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
    ███████▄     ▄███
    █████████  ▄█████
    ▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
    AME TRADE HERE
       ▐███▄
       ████▌
    ▐██████████▄
    ████████████
     ████▌  █████
    ▐████  ▄████
    ██████████▀
     ▀█████▀▀
    ▐│
    ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
    ███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
    ███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
    ████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
    ▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
    ▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
    ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀██
    ███████████████▀
    ▀▀█████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    Specialforce

Activity: 378

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 05:57:24 PM

do your research is that is the only way of it by doing this you can exclude the good one and the bad ones by doing this and in this way you can avoid being scamed and just wasted your friend

Sanderion

Activity: 434

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
    April 12, 2018, 06:04:26 PM

the best way to avoid scam ico is to investigate carefully and find much information as you can. primary information such team, platform, and the influence of the manager is not enough.

It does not make sense to study the project carefully if at first glance it is clear that this is a scam. First of all, I pay attention to the advisors and the team members. They must be experienced people with a good reputation, otherwise the project has little chance of success.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
      Print  

Jump to: