Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:11:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Predictions  (Read 8298 times)
Not Drinking The Kool-Aid

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 09:16:52 PM

July - $20
Aug - $25
Sep - $35
Oct - $15 (hacked again)
Nov - $10 (trust lost)
Dec - $1 (more wallets stolen)
Jan - $0  all trust lost

I think this says it all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kivvi

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 05:59:00 AM

July $14
Aug $15
Sep $14
Oct $13
Dec $15

I would love to see it jump up, but i'm just not seeing it with the current market.

yup totally agree for the most part, but maybe 20-25 by 2012.  My main question becomes how much devaluation do you see coming in USD/EURO?  How about them apples?
tphyahoo

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:10:45 AM

Impossible to say of course but things I'm thinking about:

How much selling is miners, and how much is bitcoin millionaires slowly cashing out?
My guess: mostly miners.

When does the payout reduce to $25 from $50?
From what I understand, late 2012.

Will the US or other government go after bitcoin, dwolla, mtgox?
(temporarily bearish, but I would consider buying opportunity)

Will there be a well publicized heinous violent crime ("perfect crime") involving bitcoin such as a kidnapping, hostage situation, or ransom like someone threatening to kill kittens on youtube unless someone sends him bitcoin?
Unlikely in my view, because bitcoin is only nymous and even with tor a determined state adversary has a good way of finding your identity. But possible -- also perhaps as a black ops / false flag operation. Bearish at any rate.

Will bitcoin get easier to use on mobile phones?
Bullish.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:26:20 AM

Once the current consolidation ends with the initial breakout about  a crucial level, the rally will resume to much higher levels.
Clear breakout level signals are communicated timely in the subscription service.

Kivvi

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 06:28:26 AM

When does the payout reduce to $25 from $50?
From what I understand, late 2012.

did u mean to say when will the BTC per block drop from 50 BTC per block to 25 BTC per block?  In that case, yes, according to current rates, sometime in 2012.  But BTC price as of now is ~14 USD per BTC. Not 50 nor even near 25.
Danzou

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 18, 2011, 08:19:58 AM

After this price correction ends, I think we'll see it up at least to $20 again. Might be a slow climb from there, at least I hope so. Speculation almost killed Bitcoin over this summer : (
AstroKev

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 07:21:34 AM

Will Bitcoin hit CNN?

This was rerun today in the US:  http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/tag/bitcoin/
Operations

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 01:45:12 PM

July - $13
Aug - $15
Sep - $12
Oct - $10
Nov - $11
Dec - $14

I don't think the bitcoin/$ rate will increase this year. We will see some increases due to new users and we will see decreases due to regulation tries from the local goverments.
codemojo

Activity: 35
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:37:25 PM

You can now guess the future with this app: http://www.spaculator.com/

The benefit is a graph of speculated future values by all players.
soptik

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 12:23:49 AM

Price between 4 and 5 dolars per BTC wil stay for some time (let's say few weeks), then it will go down and at the end of this yera it will be around 3 dolars per BTC
Acey168

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 03:40:01 AM

Price between 4 and 5 dolars per BTC wil stay for some time (let's say few weeks), then it will go down and at the end of this yera it will be around 3 dolars per BTC
So true. But then again, I wish that would never happen. Sad
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 08:04:22 AM

What are you basing your forecast on?

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 09:36:14 AM

I think there is nothing to keep it going up, very little demand, mostly speculation, and somewhere around 3 USD should be just slightly above the cost of electricity and the depreciation of hardware even for those with cheap electricity.

Signature space available for rent.
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 02, 2011, 07:10:13 PM

I can think of two things applying upward pressure on the price:
1. Speculation. This has probably been decreasing and will continue to decrease as the price stays stagnant. But there are still a lot of people holding out for that glorious (fantasy) day in which they get to bask in great wealth when the price goes up to a gazillion. Over time they will bleed off.
2. Commerce. There's a real economy to bitcoin. In order to do business with the coin, you have to hold some amount of it. This is the one that's supposed to grow to make #1 rich. However, this is also the one that will not grow because of #1 -- how many merchants want to price their stuff in bitcoins only to have the value double or halve overnight and all their goods are mispriced? Not going to happen until #1 mentality goes away. I don't think #1 mentality is going to go away so long as the design of bitcoin is to have a fixed number of coins.

Downward pressure:
1. miners. I'm guessing this is pretty much constant, but I don't know for sure.
2. Speculators throwing up their hands. You would expect this to happen slowly over time, as people gradually get tired of waiting for that glorious day. I think this explains the gradual decrease.

My prediction is flat to slightly negative for a while, unless either (1) bitcoin devs decide to remove the 18 million coin cap (not likely), in which case bitcoin would take off but it's hard to say what would happen to the price, or (2) a competing currency pops up that solves the speculation problem, in which case a dramatic flight from bitcoin is possible.

All this to say.. be very careful if you're going long bitcoin in order to make a profit..
Exekute

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2011, 08:10:39 PM

I see the current prices sticking around for a while. I don't think we've bottomed out just yet but almost.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 02:52:31 AM

Thanks for bumping the thread guys. Now I can laugh at OP.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
biometrics

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2011, 05:19:37 AM

As a newbie to Bitcoins the thing I find most frustrating is finding out where to buy. Yes I know there are exchanges Mt Gox, Tradehill ... However I went to buy from Mt Gox (buying from Australia) only to find out their Australian bank account was closed pending fraud allegations. I went over to Tradehill to purchase only to find a few paragraphs on how Australian authorities want full verification (100 point ID) to withdraw funds.

Does anyone know where I can reliably purchase Bitcoins without going through red-tape, or paying exorbitant bank fees?

I'm willing to purchase via PayPal, MoneyBookers, Western Union, Australian bank transfer, or Cash.

Without new buyers for Bitcoins prices are doomed.
OnyxCorp

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 06:54:46 AM

Man with your predictions I really wish I had got in when it was like $5 for 10,000 bitcoins lol
jbrocko

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 02:50:40 PM

As a newbie to Bitcoins the thing I find most frustrating is finding out where to buy. Yes I know there are exchanges Mt Gox, Tradehill ... However I went to buy from Mt Gox (buying from Australia) only to find out their Australian bank account was closed pending fraud allegations. I went over to Tradehill to purchase only to find a few paragraphs on how Australian authorities want full verification (100 point ID) to withdraw funds.

Does anyone know where I can reliably purchase Bitcoins without going through red-tape, or paying exorbitant bank fees?

I'm willing to purchase via PayPal, MoneyBookers, Western Union, Australian bank transfer, or Cash.

Without new buyers for Bitcoins prices are doomed.

I couldn't agree with this more. I feel like getting my initial money into bitcoins is super obnoxious. Im not sure how comfortable i feel with scanning in my passport or drivers license to some of these places to get "verified."

Let me know when you find such luck, since im going through the same thing.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2011, 02:58:13 PM

Wanna buy bitcoins ? Come to miners like me directly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: