Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Airdrops and ICOs doing it, worth it?  (Read 360 times)
2double0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:42:04 PM

I have never invested my time trying to catch one because I am a bit sketchy in terms of knowledge about how it all works.
I think we need to do some tasks or just give our ETH address or whatever they ask, and we will get a few tokens sent to our wallet at the said time. (Correct me if wrong).
Those ICOs which conduct airdrops, are they worth to be invested in? If yes, how and why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiGuBi

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 08:43:38 PM

It depends really on the airdrop itself. The eBTC airdrop was very good. I received 2400 eBTC and I sold them for 800 dollar. the ELTCOIN airdrop and eGOLD airdrops are very good too. I will Hodl those two. But like I said it depends really.
panditos

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:42:44 PM

I have never invested my time trying to catch one because I am a bit sketchy in terms of knowledge about how it all works.
I think we need to do some tasks or just give our ETH address or whatever they ask, and we will get a few tokens sent to our wallet at the said time. (Correct me if wrong).
Those ICOs which conduct airdrops, are they worth to be invested in? If yes, how and why?

Airdrop is one of the ways to promote ICO/tokens. The more people have tokens and are involved to a product\platform, the more chances to hit the jackpot for founders. At the same time, the promoted technology must be promising and high-demand. And a team should follow through the line Smiley So I suppose airdrop does not affect the success of the campaign in any way.
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:58:39 PM

I'm currently participating in the DeepOnion airdrop and it's definitely worth the time spent. The community is growing fast, devs are the most active ones I've seen so far and we're getting about $500-$800 worth of DO every week... can it possibly be better? Wink

wtfih

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:03:32 PM

eBTC was. Do not know the others Smiley
WilliamTryingTo

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:07:16 PM

Just read their description and hope they're not just typing bullshit

I've joined a few promising ones, can't hurt to ride them out
Tamy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:19:27 PM

I think that most of ICOs and airdrops are not worth, but some of them are. We saw some examples of good deals recently. First I started to apply to every airdrop, but now I don't do that anymore. I try to find out is there a good story behind some project.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:31:42 PM

It's not worth to be invested and why because the airdrop can be considered as a little inflation, and you what is the purpose to buy those tokens if you can catch em all through airdrop? Like what already did by me to invested in those ico just like kyber = i got 4x from my investment, Zero protocol = i got 10x from my investment , iconomi = i got 15x from my investment.
The result of your investment will depened on the your research about the best icos to invest in this time.
You can see how the latest airdrop project such as ebtc turned into scam project.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:13:44 PM

Sometimes worh it sometimes did not it depends on a campaign manager whether he has a good guy or not but sometimes they runaway after the end of the ICO. It comes with airdrops you should have patience sometimes the developer difficult to distrubute the token.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:17:01 PM

Some airdrops and ICOs nowadays are just nothing or some are scam. But, you can try airdrops that are free, just try it and nothing will happen in trying. Some ICOs nowadays have great potential for future, participate on the ICO that have great roadmap, research them by your own. Identifying their future projects and what is the use of their coin.
2double0 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:02:30 PM

Airdrop is one of the ways to promote ICO/tokens. The more people have tokens and are involved to a product\platform, the more chances to hit the jackpot for founders. At the same time, the promoted technology must be promising and high-demand. And a team should follow through the line Smiley So I suppose airdrop does not affect the success of the campaign in any way.

Wait what? Promote?
Airdrop coins look more like scam coins to me because I think they have nothing better to offer than "air-dropping" their coins for free to gather some interest in the community, let them start the HYPE about these people's "promising" projects that may turn into nothing if everything doesn't work out as they expected. Sometimes, even concepts that have the best people, "fail" due to some wrong campaigning methods. I am not against them because I haven't tried any of these yet, but I don't know why am I scared to give my details that they ask in order to get some coins during their live air-drops.
Jonashe

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

CryptoPuzzle.com developer

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 03:04:06 PM

NEM was the best airdrop you could possibly imagine Cheesy

https://cryptopuzzle.com : NFT token on Ethereum Blockchain. Now on beta test on Ropsten Ethereum Network !
Forward_Thinking

Activity: 155
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:11:04 PM

I've not done one of these airdrops, except for the ones where didn't have a choice, like BCH.

My question for the group is...what is the risk in participating? You have to give them your address...do they ask for anything else?

Thanks!
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:13:08 PM

I have never liked airdrops, most of them are just saying that they are gifting tokens only if they are doing X thing, like wearing a signature, avatar, promoting their program, they are just a waste of time, because most of those tokens doesnt even have a value.
Or just like deeponion, they give you 500 coins a week, but you can only sell 25 a week if you dont want to be banned from their airdrop..

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ryanyulinruan

Activity: 69

Just another Canadian Cryptocurrency enthusiast!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:16:19 PM

Airdrops are always nice. I've participated in the pinkcoin and flashcoin airdrops. Smiley
ICOs? Not so much ^^"

Donate BTC here: 1MW9aJeXcVygR93zGrCrBAqaAZLoVSd9z
nazzzzz

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:48:36 PM

ICOs are meant for you to pay for the tokens, so they are basically saying "we need funds to get our project going". Easy to find several projects that slow their development or even disappear after they get investors money.

Airdrops are another option to distribute the tokens, this one for free, and while some say they are a waste of time because nobody does good things for free I couldn't disagree more.

There are several airdrop projects that have 100 times more development and work done than many ICO projects take a look at Deeponion for example and take your own conclusions.

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:57:04 PM

I rarely invest in any of these ICOs but would definitely open my arms to receive free tokens from airdrops as it will cost me nothing except my free time.

So are the ICOs worth it? Maybe/Maybe not
Are the free tokens worth it? Definitely Yes if you have the time.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 04:02:43 PM

There's nothing wrong with that ICO's that have an airdrop as long as the Project or the ICO was legit and they only follow the trend of airdrops to gain much more attention and investors. But for those airdrops it was profitable but not always because many of these were created to scam us.
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:03:34 PM

For now the top ones are really worth. They're somewhat of a novelty still, but at some point everyone will be participating in these and they won't be as profitable...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: