Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:20:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Launch-time charts - 57 currencies - cryptometer.org  (Read 16971 times)
canoe (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:21:57 PM

Thanks, for providing this service, Onecoin next? Smiley

We can't stop here.  This is bat country!

Yup, onecoin is next.

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aggrophobia
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:22:35 PM

Cheesy
MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:51:53 AM

Total Supply seems to be the graph that shows very clearly where pre and instamines took place (regardless of the stated reason) This is visually (and very clearly in most cases) seen in the Total Supply chart.  Would you be willing to consider making the Total Supply graph the one you see at the top?

For the order of the charts, I tried to keep the charts grouped together by the data behind them, putting secondary info after primary info.  For example, total supply data is generated from the mint data so those charts are in that order.  Similarly, network hashrate is generated from the number of blocks and the difficulty.  Everything is affected by that first chart so I'd like to keep it first.  If I can figure out how to get two different scales on a chart, then I'll probably combine some charts and you won't have to scroll so much.  You may be right.  I may be too much of an obsessed mathematician.  I'll keep considering the order.  But keep in mind, everyone isn't always checking on premine / instamine.  On the page with the entire blockchain, that first chart is a good indicator of the health of the currency (or the effectiveness of the difficulty algorithm) over time.  There's a lot of interesting things to learn beyond when the most currency was generated.

I have several ideas to improve the presentation of the site.  In the future, I want to implement the ability to make custom charts with multiple currencies and link straight to them.  That's going to require a redesign of my software since it will have to generate the page on the fly.  Right now, those are all static pages.

For now, I'm just trying to keep up with the new coin requests.  It's probably the most important thing.  I think that will slow down eventually and I'll be able to implement other features.

You are doing a fantastic job, and I think this is one of the most valuable sites to date that has been created showing comparable data between the different alt coins.  I didn't bother to state this before throwing out my random suggestion, and hope it didn't supercede how much value I think you are providing.

canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:09:23 AM

Awesome site, man. I would be happy if you add Onecoin to your list. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200177.0

Onecoin is up. 

It's 40 hours worth which is everything up until now.  I'll try to update it again tomorrow.  (It's all manual for now.)

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 03:32:36 AM

Total Supply seems to be the graph that shows very clearly where pre and instamines took place (regardless of the stated reason) This is visually (and very clearly in most cases) seen in the Total Supply chart.  Would you be willing to consider making the Total Supply graph the one you see at the top?

For the order of the charts, I tried to keep the charts grouped together by the data behind them, putting secondary info after primary info.  For example, total supply data is generated from the mint data so those charts are in that order.  Similarly, network hashrate is generated from the number of blocks and the difficulty.  Everything is affected by that first chart so I'd like to keep it first.  If I can figure out how to get two different scales on a chart, then I'll probably combine some charts and you won't have to scroll so much.  You may be right.  I may be too much of an obsessed mathematician.  I'll keep considering the order.  But keep in mind, everyone isn't always checking on premine / instamine.  On the page with the entire blockchain, that first chart is a good indicator of the health of the currency (or the effectiveness of the difficulty algorithm) over time.  There's a lot of interesting things to learn beyond when the most currency was generated.

I have several ideas to improve the presentation of the site.  In the future, I want to implement the ability to make custom charts with multiple currencies and link straight to them.  That's going to require a redesign of my software since it will have to generate the page on the fly.  Right now, those are all static pages.

For now, I'm just trying to keep up with the new coin requests.  It's probably the most important thing.  I think that will slow down eventually and I'll be able to implement other features.

You are doing a fantastic job, and I think this is one of the most valuable sites to date that has been created showing comparable data between the different alt coins.  I didn't bother to state this before throwing out my random suggestion, and hope it didn't supercede how much value I think you are providing.

Cheesy

Jorgeminator

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:20:42 PM

Have you completely forgotten Freicoin? Smiley
canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:56:48 AM

Have you completely forgotten Freicoin? Smiley

Not forgotten.  I'll get to it.  It'll probably require some code changes to handle the demurrage properly.

picasso

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:30:08 AM

OneCoin? I am curious to see how this will be displayed  Grin
The_Catman

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:42:09 AM

should add stablecoin, the graphs will look pretty.. best launch of any coin so far

Stablecoin added. 
I hate to disappoint you, but it doesn't look pretty.  The genesis block has a coinbase transaction worth 1250000SBC.  That's 80% of the supply.
http://cryptometer.org/stablecoin_96_hour_charts.html

On the contrary I think it looks beautiful, aside from the genesis block and the launch spike everythings going just about perfect. Smoothest chart i've seen.

canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:59:11 PM

Royalcoin is up.

It's only getting 3 or 4 blocks a day lately.

solracx

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:20:44 PM

Forgot to add ZenithCoin...  launched 6/9/2013  and doing well.

ZenithCoin - Sustainable Scrypt Based Crypto Currency
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 03:23:12 PM

Forgot to add ZenithCoin...  launched 6/9/2013  and doing well.

It's not doing well, it's 50% premined and released 3 times.
canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:13:00 PM

should add FST, IFC, REC, ALF, etc

Fastcoin is up.

nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:27:20 PM

its too bad coins like nibble and lucky didn't do better.  No pre-mines, decent launch distribution.  Guess the dev's didn't stick around long enough?

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
The_Catman

Activity: 168

Captain Jack Fenderson

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 05:33:49 PM

Doubloons, Florincoin, Kopimikoin, Argentumcoin, and that new Emerald garbage could be added?

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:20:44 AM

I think that "Last 96 hours" and "Last 90 days" addition would be useful.
canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Doubloons, Florincoin, Kopimikoin, Argentumcoin, and that new Emerald garbage could be added?

Added to the request list.

canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:13:13 PM

I think that "Last 96 hours" and "Last 90 days" addition would be useful.

I hear ya.  That *would* be useful but it also requires all those currency daemons running all the time.  My server definitely can't handle that.

Eventually, I'll work on ways to keep the charts more up to date:
- Getting the process more automated.
- Perhaps I can set it up to automatically cycle through the daemons so there is only one running at a time.  At least then, the info would be up to date within a few hours perhaps.

Right now, I'm focusing on getting the beginnings of all the currencies.  If something is getting out of date and you'd like to see the more recent data, just poke me to update it.  That's much easier than adding another currency BTW.

canoe (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:25:44 AM

dont forget MEM!

Memecoin is up.

craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 03:35:52 AM

The site is excellent, great work!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: