Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:24:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I do this? How?  (Read 472 times)
CoinEmperor

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:49:28 AM

I would be careful of starting any ICO. Yes there is a lot of easy money to gain from ICO (I mean anyone can make a BS ICO and get millions of dollars from rich people that throw money at everything they see) but there is a lot of legal issues with ICOs. It is banned in many countries including the U.S., and if you want to do it you need to check with your country laws first and register with an attorney at least. I mean technically you can just do it if you want and there is a chance to get away with it, but it's very illegal and the fines will bankrupt you. It's not worth the trouble. Earn your money legitimately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
derickonfire (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:03:17 AM

In fact your idea could work but before starting a ico, you should prepare marketing and business plan very well. This could be successful ico, totally depends on you.

Thank you!

I am indeed carefully and sincerely developing a plan.

Do you have any suggestions, random interests or ideas you'd like to see in a coffee shop?

What about the blockchain aspect?

It's an interesting idea, I've said before - conjoining old-world and new-world. On one hand, there is the very successful idea of a cafe, a traditional and notable business with varying degrees of success. In Boston, I've hardly seen any truly fail. That in itself is an entire business to invest energy into.

On the other hand, is the new-world addition of blockchain technology. This is a big deal, as so many aspects of the business can rely on the technology - from simple ledger and transaction transparency, to education, and being a physical venue for other blockchain businesses to utilize.

A monthly calendar would very much be in order.. I can already see a fund-management crypto company such as BMC sitting at a table inviting customers to a chat.

Other customers, of course, could order ahead of time via an app, walk to the barista / bar, and pick up their breakfast and coffee and walk out without any need to wait in a line.

joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:41:46 PM

This is a personal dialogue.

I'm a laboring class man.

Come from a troubled youth, but have strived and forced myself to grow and learn. I work hard. I put myself through college, but dropped out to start my 2nd business.

So far, I've started 4 businesses, 2 failed from bad execution of me/partners, one incredibly successful but I stopped because legality was a concern.. and one mildly successful before I sold it (I felt forced, because of incoming government regulations and lack of capital to satisfy those regulations.) I admit now, I should have been more ambitious to seek outside investing capital, but the locale of which the business was located - opportunities were slim. Still, it may be considered another failure on my end.

I've learned a lot in the process. Lot's of thought has gone into why they failed, and how that could have been overcame. I'm a creative type, and have vast experience in development, design, legal requirements, promotion, and delegation, etc, etc. Everything required to take a business from idea, to profit. I have a knack for seeing the BIG picture, the macro view, and understanding how minute variables effect each other - the butterfly effect in sense, everything is connected - from a name to logo symbolism to product and promotion. Business is an art.. and I'm also an artist.

I'm 30 now, but have been involved with technology for almost 20 years. My first job at the age of 15 was that of a website / graphics designer - the pay was great - but I quickly learned something about myself, I ENJOY computers and did not want to turn it into a CAREER. They say, once you start doing something for money (and survival) the fun is stripped from it. Instead, I've used my tech skills as an asset and I've utilized them in my previous business endeavors - and also my hobbies (ie, music, political activism..)

Still, Something massive is coming with the blockchain technology..

So, I've done a great many things. I have life experience beyond anyone I personally know, and my work ethic is reputable. I have over a decade of experience in the sales and service industries, and I feel that on some level - this is what I am here for now, in this life, to serve - and to create and contribute to society through my service.

The problem is, the pay is not great. Even while in management there isn't much capital for one to really gain..

for a dream. A simple dream.

I'd like to own my own coffee cafe.

I currently reside in Boston, and there is something special about the modern coffee house. For those un-aware, it has a spectacular future in regards to the current trend of people working from their computer. Most of the time, working is more productive if you suit up and LEAVE the home. The cafe is one of the fastest growing modern industries, comparable to that of the solar industry.

Something also, with coffee - the meme says "but first, coffee".. when really, it's about PEOPLE. People first. Single origin coffee, specialty coffee, is grown mostly by impoverished farmers all over the world. With the support of fair trade, it's really an amazing contribution to these people.

THEREFOR, I am here now. Strongly motivated and invested mentally and with what little capital I personally have.

I'd like to start a crypto-based cafe in Boston. I think the time is perfect, the allure and interest in a physical business focused solely on CRYPTO as payment (we would take cash/card, also required to help setup newcomers) could invite people from all over the world - especially in a city such as Boston.

I have the talents required, and I know the proper people that would work directly for me, or be an advisor in the development of the Cafe.

A business plan for said cafe is already almost complete, with multiple variations depending on locale and also - community opinion.

I need funding.

Should I start an ICO of sorts? The idea is to raise about 1 million dollars. It requires roughly $250,000 to start a single cafe. I'd like additional funding for strategic management of crypto revenue, a security of sorts - I have a plan on HOLDING paid crypto-assets, and off sourcing the management of them to a qualified person/team to hodl/profit as the market is best. I'd also like funding for a 2nd cafe opening only a few months after the first to really demonstrate prominence and fire in the space of crypto as money.

My idea, which I am seeking opinions - is to attribute a very respectable redemption for the ICO tokens to be used in the cafe, IE coffee and a meal (priced maybe $10-15 worth for a ICO price of about $1). Tokens would then be burned after redeemed in store. I am not trying to create a new currency, or even a lasting investment - but something that would retain it's value - and overall, would

help PROMOTE crypto currency to the average person.

Would also consider creating a token as a profit-share vehicle - holders of token would be paid a dividend, but - I am in the US so this may not be feasible at this time.

The cafe staff would help teach the average person, and really be amazing to educate people on using crypto in an everyday setting.

They say, once people can buy a cup of cofffee with crypto - easily, is when crypto will truly be considered to be money. We are at that gateway..

Opinions on how to proceed?

tldr

I want to start a physical coffee house that primarily accepts CRYPTO payments in Boston. Would an ICO be a good venue for capital?
It sounds like free money when I think about it like that.
It doesn't seem like there will be that many people interested in the cafe idea.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:00:16 PM

Boston may be a good area to open up a coffee shop, but keep in mind operational costs with coffee shops. I have some background with them and it is definitely a passion business.

True, I have that passion.

I went to school for business administration, and have a life-history of entrepreneurship.

There is something unique about the coffee shop, which I'm sure you may understand... the integral importance of coffee/caffeine is staggering, I imagine if all coffee shops closed for a day - the city would stop working.

Not to mention of course, the office-away-from-home aspect which is so obvious with people working from their computer these days.

Boston, home of Harvard, MIT, pharma companies, tech companies..

What do you think?
You may want to make money through investing in the coins that are in the Altcoin board because you can have more capital for your future projects.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆