Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:45:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Technical crash courses on Bitcoin, Ethereum? Looking to create altcoin project  (Read 183 times)
InvestingEagle (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:59:26 PM

I think it would be fun to create an altcoin (and a community surrounding it) as a side hobby, but I don't know where to get started. People tell me to "create a cheap fork of Bitcoin" or "read Satoshi's whitepaper", the latter of which I have done. However, Satoshi Nakamoto's whitepaper doesn't go into the technical detail of Bitcoin's inner workings with regards to programming code. Creating a fork of Bitcoin might give practice and experience on creating a blockchain project, but even then I do not know how to do that. How did Vitalik Buterin or others get around all of the gibberish? I hope that this conversation develops further. All input is greatly valued.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:13:31 PM

There are decent resources listed in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2257205.0

Sites with video lectures, like the links to khan academy, coursera and to a lesser extent udemy are the best resources I've found.

Suffice it to say that a person would need to have a basic comprehension of programming and cryptography to get the most out of it.

If you search on sites like udacity, coursera, khan academy there are many basic tutorials and courses on programming as well as cryptography.

All of the information is there, all a person would need to do is be willing to put in the time and effort.
InvestingEagle (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:26:16 PM

There are decent resources listed in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2257205.0

Sites with video lectures, like the links to khan academy, coursera and to a lesser extent udemy are the best resources I've found.

Suffice it to say that a person would need to have a basic comprehension of programming and cryptography to get the most out of it.

If you search on sites like udacity, coursera, khan academy there are many basic tutorials and courses on programming as well as cryptography.

All of the information is there, all a person would need to do is be willing to put in the time and effort.

Fortunately I tend to be a quick learner and I am tech savvy, so programming/cryptography should not be too much of an issue. The problem lies in access, but I suppose that is what keeps the crowds from making a billion different altcoins. Thank you for the references!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: