Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 09:02:12 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do I Always Lose Money on BTC!  (Read 3933 times)
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Buy bitcoin they said... who listened?

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:44:59 AM

OVER 5300 already. I bought at 4400 and sold at 2900 within the past 60 days! What the hell. I will never figure out these markets. What are the secrets to MAKING $$$ off this currency not just losing it all Sad Thx all

your problem is that you can not make up your mind! i am sorry but buy at $4400 and sell at $2900 was the most idiotic move you could have ever made.
here is the scenario and why you have issues:
you buy at $4400 and see the drop, you wait at first then the drop doesn't stop then you wait some more and it still is not stopping and you wait even more. $4000-$3800-$3500-$3200-$3000 pass and you still wait and sell at the very bottom (which was $2970 by the way). this shows you have no idea what you are doing and you can not make up your mind about it either.

what you should have done is either holding your bitcoin because you know it will recover at some point, eventually.
or you buy at $4400, see the drop, wait to see what the direction is and when you are sure it is dropping or when you see the loss is getting big (like at $4200 or at most at $4000) you sell and wait for the bottom to buy back.

there is no secret, and there is not much to figure out. you just have to have some plan not just randomly buy and sell at random prices and "hope" for the best. that won't work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slaz26

Activity: 168

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:01:29 AM

OVER 5300 already. I bought at 4400 and sold at 2900 within the past 60 days! What the hell. I will never figure out these markets. What are the secrets to MAKING $$$ off this currency not just losing it all Sad Thx all
Bought at a high price and sell already at the very bottom is the height of a misunderstanding of the trade. You should wait, but do not panic and sell everything. Study the charts for a certain period and understand when you can go to the market with minimal losses for you.

crptotrader007

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:10:59 AM

That shows you are indeed a newbie in the field of crytpo trading. People keep on repeating that never sell at a loss.
Crytpo currencies are the most volatile assets and it hoes high and low at a faster speed. You must have the patience to hold your coins.
Sell on profits not on losses and if you don't have the patience then probably you should not even trade with cryptos.
Learn to trade, plan your strategies, keep your targets and follow your principles.

▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ E i d o o ▬ your blockchain asset experience ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ " Token Sale Raised 82,372.33 ETH " ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ TwitterFacebook  ▰ BountyDiscussion ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▬▬▬
BrewMaster

Activity: 644

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:43:22 AM

What are the secrets to MAKING $$$ off this currency not just losing it all Sad Thx all

- stop listening to FUD
- start using your own brain and experience to understand the market
- stop buying on top and selling after a long time holding! either sell right away or never sell at all. bitcoin price will always rise in long term.
- stop trading bitcoin if you have issues speculating it.
- you can try altcoin trading, it may be better for you
- stop trading bitcoin when you can't predict it. this means in times when market is not very predictable. for example for the past 2 days it was perfectly easy to predict price is rising for the following days. but before that when price was $3500 you couldn't tell when it is going to recover and which way it will go.

ice18

Activity: 546

SPECTRE ICO 11/17/2017

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:05:00 AM

Oh no this time you must learn dont sell just hold until the price soar up to the sky you need to trust bitcoin or trade it to any good altcoin then if btc rises again then trade it again to bitcoin.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
WSDN

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:09:40 AM

Poor you! I loss my money too. I try to hold BTC as long as possible, but I'm not patient enough when the price fall down. Cry

pratik009

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:22:24 AM

You really made big mistake.never sell btc when the price decreased.I suggests you to never sell your btc if you  have in loss.I always suggests you to hold the btc when price decreased.the hold is smartest way to get profit.because if you sell the btc when price decreased you are in loss but that time If you hold the btc and sell it when price will increase you will definitely get profit.
nl247

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:28:23 AM

Ohhhhh Boy! What da? Do not panic sell! So many threads on this forum have been telling you that ever since. However, it seems you are pretty new and it is just a huge bad lesson to learn due to that huge marginal loss. There is nothing much to figure out. Bitcoin market is new and volatile and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. As long as you understand this and you have plans to hold for long term, then just do that and bother less about the decrease in value at any point in time. If you had studied before getting in, you would have been able to understand the trend right from the onset. Sorry about your loss bruv! Patience is a huge virtue when it comes to BTC.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 654

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:32:26 AM

Oh no this time you must learn dont sell just hold until the price soar up to the sky you need to trust bitcoin or trade it to any good altcoin then if btc rises again then trade it again to bitcoin.
i think this will always happen with you because of lack of patience and panic and you have to be confident on your investment and your idea or pick for trading. i think trading is a very good thing to do if you take it as a fun and if you  enjoy doing it and never be panic on the conditions like this or in the condition of loss in your investment. you have to be confident on your investment because these situations were temperary and have to be recovered.

Veritas Mining

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
           Sustainable Crypto - Mining        
        ●Cost Efficient  ●Eco-Friendly  ●Profitable  ●Innovative

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Slack
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Reddit
daKotajayl@12

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:38:35 AM

ho noooooooo it is really very sad for you friend. ok now you got it how is the bit coin market going every day so nothing to worry. now you got it how to invest and how much invest and when invest. so first you have to do one thing. you have to invest first few amount in bit coin absorve few days next you have to keep some more money then it is better just keep it otherwise it giving loss just take out the money. generally in bit coin some times raise its price and some times down its price.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:40:24 AM

Try doing the opposite, you buy at whatever price and then you sell higher than that price, not lower...

Bear in mind, if you hold long enough you'll make profit, just be patient.

haroldtee

Activity: 196

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:44:49 AM

Why do you ALWAYS lose money on BTC? Even by looking at your topic, it seems this was not your first loss and for someone that must have made the same mistake before, and still decided to make the same mistake after the first experience is just pure stupidity (Sorry but I just had to hit the nail straight on your head)...
I really don't have anything much to say to you since almost everyone has told you what you need to know, but I just had to tell you my mind and it is just funny to me how you could have let that happen. It is a shame, but sorry all the same for your loss and I hope you have learned your lessons now.

freebutcaged

Activity: 476

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:17:25 AM

Buy airdrop coins buy altcoins mate, hahaha all the losers fans of shitcoins pumping and scamming the unexpected newbies, they never could do a pump

Like this one, we are now @.@ $5700 I see no more of those fuckers talking about $200. mate it's not too late, o.O O.o you still have a few hours to

Enter a position @ $5700 and sell @ $6000 by tomorrow. I was losing money too mate but after I started trading @ big exchanges I can easily make

Profit.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄     ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
noodle_dam

Activity: 523

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:25:01 AM

With bitcoin and crypto in general, TIME is where the profits are, not necessarily TIMING. If you try timing the market, you'll almost always be screwed but if you let time do its thing, you'll make big profits. That's just the way it is.

I know it's hard, I know it burns your eyes to see your investment going down and down every day for a month (or more) but try and look at the 8 years section, not the daily section. 

eminemcookie

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:45:53 AM

I'm sorry but you made a big error in selling at 2900, you probably let your fear get the better of you. With BTC you have to make the assumption that eventually the price will end up higher than the previous ATH and then you just have to hold and ride out the waves.

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
ReLieD

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:06:03 AM

Dude how can you behave in such an immature manner. Like people should atleast have common sense while investing in btc or anything. You are the dumbest person I have seen in this forum and you want an answer to your mistakes?

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
rhamzter

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:08:43 AM

Maybe on the first you were lost money in bitcoin due to your not familiar to the system around in crypto currency. But if you totally understand the flow and fluctuates of bitcoin in digital currency, it is easy for you to understand the circulation and importance of this coin.
I understand that it's hard to familiarize the different sides of crypto currency industry but still just try to understand it and be patience to learn.

Veritas Mining

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
        Sustainable Crypto - Mining    
   ●Cost Efficient  ●Eco-Friendly  ●Profitable  ●Innovative   

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Slack
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Reddit
syaripudin

Activity: 210

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:46:32 AM

I actually do not understand your point, but in my opinion we all who are in this forum would already know that actually bitcoin is a very great crypto not even a few of the crypto users who succeed by investing dibitcoin. I think you have to control your emotions when you invest in trading activities or dibitcoin. usually a mistake made by traders or investors is when bitcoin prices are down until they can not control their emotions. I think you better not have to save all the coin you have dibitcoin split some coin you have on altcoin this you can do so that there is a balancer when there is a price reduction of course you still have another coin as supporting.

aardvark15

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:00:25 PM

The easy answer is buy low and sell high rather than buy high and sell low. I understand the desire to cut losses when you think you bought too high and the price drops. This happened to me a few years ago when the price rose to $1100 and then dropped to around $200 or less over a period of a few months. My solution was to just keep buying during the drop and bring my average buy price down. It's hard to take the emotions out of it but with any investing including the stock market, you have to have a plan and stick to it rather than trading on emotions.

JCNC

Activity: 157

Live Stars - Adult Crypto Cams

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:02:40 PM

Well, you obviously deserved that as you panic sell or simply don't trust bitcoin and just wanted fast money.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.