Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People think that Bitcoin Cash can disappear?  (Read 716 times)
quyethuynh (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:34:39 AM

Miners are selling their block rewards, but not enough buyers to balance it, it does not look good. Unless less miners mine, but this scenario does not look good too. ?

Currently, the price of Bitcoin Cash >300 USDT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:37:59 AM

Yeah it's starting become irrelevant even more quickly than I had imagined it would. Think about it though, their development has to real leadership - no real vision.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:38:30 AM

Indeed, from the beginning bitcoincash never look good,  alot of people just used the opportunity to earn extra money, most of them never think bitcoincash as a valuable coin, so there was a huge selling after people got it, but I am surprised that it still can stay in top 5, but I think it wont survive for a long time
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:40:55 AM

Panic selling is a sign of nearing the last leg of the selloff to find a bottom north of $240 probably.

Sell moar (to the whales).
quyethuynh (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:45:19 AM

Yeah it's starting become irrelevant even more quickly than I had imagined it would. Think about it though, their development has to real leadership - no real vision.

---
I believe in Bitcoin cash. Bitcoin cash only increase the size to 8 MB blocks (according to Satoshi's whitepaper), but problems in the algorithm to adjust the difficulty of the mining (Emergency Difficulty Adjustment mechanism). So, If the algorithm is fixed, Bitcoin Cash will survive.

I do not know if the development team of Bitcoin Cash is fixing?

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:46:42 AM

The way bitcoin is train is going it will be hard for bitcoin cash to stay above $300. I personally Believe that We won't see total disappearance of bitcoin cash, its just not possible unless all miners agree to abandon it and all users decide not to use it ever again, The chances of this happening are very slim. Bitcoin's fork will always have some value just because they have bitcoin attached to it. Many will use this name for scamming purposes especially in the developing countries, imagine scamming people by giving them bitcoin cash instead of bitcoins. This will always keep a market for Bitcoin forks imo.
quyethuynh (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:52:16 AM

Indeed, from the beginning bitcoincash never look good,  alot of people just used the opportunity to earn extra money, most of them never think bitcoincash as a valuable coin, so there was a huge selling after people got it, but I am surprised that it still can stay in top 5, but I think it wont survive for a long time

---
If the upcoming segwit2x has problems I think Bitcoin Cash will be interested investors. I was also surprised that Bitcoin was in the top 5.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:52:51 AM

with bitcoin price rising all the altcoins are getting dumped hard. it is perfectly normal to see a downward trend like this in the altcoin market. and most altcoins are also seeing a panic sell which even increases the depth they are going to go down.

in case of BCH it is the same dump but i really doubt it can disappear this soon. it is a shitcoin without a doubt, but even shittiest of shitcoins stay around for a much longer time that this.
there will be a pump pretty soon, i am sure of it. specially with the Segwit2x thing on the horizons.

Buying the dip...
YackBallz

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:55:44 AM

It is clear that the bitcoin cash never disppear until this plane disappear!
the crypto  is big part of Internet now,  if Internet exit ,bitcoin exit!
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:57:24 AM

So, If the algorithm is fixed, Bitcoin Cash will survive.

The miners will probably fight to keep the EDA and not change the algorithm because it allows them to really fast blocks, doing little work verifying little to no transactions giving them cheap coins to dump.  

If they fix the algorithm, then the problem becomes why would miners support the chain where they are losing money?  The EDA is what is keeping BCH alive!

I personally Believe that We won't see total disappearance of bitcoin cash, its just not possible unless all miners agree to abandon it and all users decide not to use it ever again, The chances of this happening are very slim.

Why not?  The EDA and the fact that there are people still buying BCH is keeping BCH alive.  Once it becomes not profitable enough even with the EDA or a change to the EDA, then who is going mine BCH out of charity?!!  

I think if there is a fork, the chance of BCH dying becomes even a bigger possibility because it will be competing with 2 other Bitcoin chains which are much more valuable.  Which miners are going to support BCH out of charity?  There is probably going to be miners chain jumping, manipulation of difficulty between the three chains and a whole shitshow.  A S2X fork isn't good for any Bitcoin.  It's the worst for BCH because it's the lowest value chain and it could kill it.  

feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:07:08 AM

Bitcoin cash was never to be in the first place. The idea of having bitcoin alternative which isn't bitcoin neither a altcoin" though many people refer to be bitcoin cash as an altcoin" is unnecessary! I have not use bitcoin cash and many people I know haven't either may be this is the end of the road for bitcoin cash

Nick7815

Activity: 159
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:11:05 AM

Yes i think it will disappear. I watch jaynemesis (a famous crypto-investor at etoro) on twitch from time to time and he keeps on repeating all the time that bitcoin cash is irrelevant and should not be kept in the wallet because it has no use and will disappear. He's obviously right about that.

fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:16:08 AM

Bitcoin cash was never to be in the first place. The idea of having bitcoin alternative which isn't bitcoin neither a altcoin" though many people refer to be bitcoin cash as an altcoin" is unnecessary! I have not use bitcoin cash and many people I know haven't either may be this is the end of the road for bitcoin cash

That is a good point.  BCH is a fork and not an altcoin in a sense and competing for the same hashpower as a higher value Bitcoin.  Satoshi thought that if there was a fork, the hash would go to the higher value chain and the other would die.  I don't think he saw this crazy EDA being implemented to save a fork.  But that is causing high inflation, driving the price down and when there is there is no block mined for a long time for chain that claims to be fast.  This may eventually kill it anyway.

I do understand BCH supporters wanting a Bitcoin without Segwit and with bigger blocks.  It's crazy that they are supporting Segwit2X fork which is going to mean BCH has to compete against 2 higher value chains which makes BCH's already big problems even worse.  
quyethuynh (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:38:34 AM

The way bitcoin is train is going it will be hard for bitcoin cash to stay above $300. I personally Believe that We won't see total disappearance of bitcoin cash, its just not possible unless all miners agree to abandon it and all users decide not to use it ever again, The chances of this happening are very slim. Bitcoin's fork will always have some value just because they have bitcoin attached to it. Many will use this name for scamming purposes especially in the developing countries, imagine scamming people by giving them bitcoin cash instead of bitcoins. This will always keep a market for Bitcoin forks imo.

BCash has good development team, with great support from exchanges and wallets, so it can not die. But the problem is that BCash is not making a profit for miners.

quyethuynh (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:55:21 AM

So, If the algorithm is fixed, Bitcoin Cash will survive.

The miners will probably fight to keep the EDA and not change the algorithm because it allows them to really fast blocks, doing little work verifying little to no transactions giving them cheap coins to dump.  

If they fix the algorithm, then the problem becomes why would miners support the chain where they are losing money?  The EDA is what is keeping BCH alive!
--

I think that BCH will good when: remove EDA and tranfer DA (like Bitcoin).

This algorithm is only suitable when Bitcoin Cash inherits bitcoin's difficulty on 1.8.
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:05:13 AM

Miners are selling their block rewards, but not enough buyers to balance it, it does not look good. Unless less miners mine, but this scenario does not look good too. ?

Currently, the price of Bitcoin Cash >300 USDT.

The miners will dump and and the price will be decrease as fast as possible and i think that the bitcoin cash will disappeare caused by the adjument of its difficulty to give the more easy way to mine it.

Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:06:22 AM

all the useless altcoins disappear sooner or later. and bitcoin cash is no exception.

This algorithm is only suitable when Bitcoin Cash inherits bitcoin's difficulty on 1.8.

the only reason miners added EDA was to make profit by playing it. and they have done it perfectly so far and made a lot of profit from doing it too.
they won't remove something they want and they added themselves.

to the moon with bitcoin...
quyethuynh (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:12:55 AM

all the useless altcoins disappear sooner or later. and bitcoin cash is no exception.

the only reason miners added EDA was to make profit by playing it. and they have done it perfectly so far and made a lot of profit from doing it too.
they won't remove something they want and they added themselves.

If they do not fix the problem of Bitcoin Cash so it will die.... https://cash.coin.dance/blocks/today.

Currently, Bitcoin Cash's transactions is minimal. This is very bad with Bitcoin Cash, the profitability of mining Bitcoin Cash is not.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6080

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:16:53 AM

I think there is a 60-70%+ probability Bitcoin Cash will get a massive boost in November, because of this issue:

If the upcoming segwit2x has problems I think Bitcoin Cash will be interested investors.
Segwit2x and Bitcoin Cash target mostly the same public (big blockers). I believe that Segwit2x will have a hard time to win the fork battle in November. Only if the whole NYA "cartel" keeps supporting it and they can maintain >80% of the hashrate then Segwit2x has a chance against "Bitcoin Core" to become "the Bitcoin".

But if Segwit2x fails to become the "primary" Bitcoin chain, then it will very likely disappear relatively fast. Why? Because it is not really what most Big blockers want. It's a very moderate compromise for them, and if it isn't successful in becoming "the Bitcoin", then Big blockers will very likely support Bitcoin Cash massively.

I view Bitcoin Cash as an experiment and not as a serious Bitcoin competitor. But I still have my "airdrop coins" and will hold them until November because I think it's likely they will appreciate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
quyethuynh (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:25:23 AM

I think there is a 60-70%+ probability Bitcoin Cash will get a massive boost in November, because of this issue:

If the upcoming segwit2x has problems I think Bitcoin Cash will be interested investors.
Segwit2x and Bitcoin Cash target mostly the same public (big blockers). I believe that Segwit2x will have a hard time to win the fork battle in November. Only if the whole NYA "cartel" keeps supporting it and they can maintain >80% of the hashrate then Segwit2x has a chance against "Bitcoin Core" to become "the Bitcoin".

But if Segwit2x fails to become the "primary" Bitcoin chain, then it will very likely disappear relatively fast. Why? Because it is not really what most Big blockers want. It's a very moderate compromise for them, and if it isn't successful in becoming "the Bitcoin", then Big blockers will very likely support Bitcoin Cash massively.

I view Bitcoin Cash as an experiment and not as a serious Bitcoin competitor. But I still have my "airdrop coins" and will hold them until November because I think it's likely they will appreciate.

Thank you very much. I'm an fan and investor of Bitcoin Cash. You have a nice day!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: