Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Price Pumps and Forks  (Read 1275 times)
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:28:40 PM

Buying and selling bitcoin is kinda playing with fire.Oneday you will give all your profits in strong crash situation. Professional guys can see difference between real uptrend and pump by fat finger.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:39:26 PM

How many more forks are we expecting in the future? It seems that through forks they are pumping the price of btc and once the price becomes stagnant they will start another fork.

For this year there are 3 and the 2 are about to happen and the first one was ended so in total there are 3 for this year. Yes, these forks are really a big help to bitcoin because it was helping bitcoin every time when it comes to pumping. And expecting that the price will be increasing after the next fork on October 25. And the last one on November is so called the real test of bitcoin but still let's trust bitcoin.

Of course the forks seeks to make it better and so we just have to support what eikll be in the interest of bitcoin and not an establishment of a new coin as others are proposing. I'm optimistic a good/successful fork will help pump it's value higher.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:04:21 AM

How many more forks are we expecting in the future? It seems that through forks they are pumping the price of btc and once the price becomes stagnant they will start another fork.

For this year there are 3 and the 2 are about to happen and the first one was ended so in total there are 3 for this year. Yes, these forks are really a big help to bitcoin because it was helping bitcoin every time when it comes to pumping. And expecting that the price will be increasing after the next fork on October 25. And the last one on November is so called the real test of bitcoin but still let's trust bitcoin.

Of course the forks seeks to make it better and so we just have to support what eikll be in the interest of bitcoin and not an establishment of a new coin as others are proposing. I'm optimistic a good/successful fork will help pump it's value higher.

Yup we just have to support it even others are saying that this fork will be a scam or nothing to do good in the market. When it comes to development I'm always supporting bitcoin and whatever will be the outcome of it I'm ready and prepared for it but right now I hope these forks will be stopped because there's a big division that's happening for the November fork about Segwit2x.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:14:43 AM

As the price of BTC is increasing on an upward trend and falls only by few bucks, short-term Alternative Coin traders are crying blood. I believe it is due to the upcoming fork. How many more forks are we expecting in the future? It seems that through forks they are pumping the price of btc and once the price becomes stagnant they will start another fork.

hardfork done every bitcoin has been very difficult to search blocks by miners, this year alone is 2X this bitcoin do hardfork and generate new coin which bernaam Bitcoincash (BCH) and new coin that will come I heard named Bitcoingold, but this is just info circulating course, for his certainty wait for the date of November 1, 2017 this.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 09:19:24 AM

Yup we just have to support it even others are saying that this fork will be a scam or nothing to do good in the market. When it comes to development I'm always supporting bitcoin and whatever will be the outcome of it I'm ready and prepared for it but right now I hope these forks will be stopped because there's a big division that's happening for the November fork about Segwit2x.

I believe most people in the speculating market are of the idea that let the fork happen and I get my free lunch from it. May be that is the reason the forks are being called scam by people. If you look into the forks details and why it happened you can get an idea of the development behind it and the reason of it being implemented. There is nothing of scamming here and making theories trying the scare people. Crypto market is based on some risks and if you cant handle those then stay away from it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:31:34 AM

As the price of BTC is increasing on an upward trend and falls only by few bucks, short-term Alternative Coin traders are crying blood. I believe it is due to the upcoming fork. How many more forks are we expecting in the future? It seems that through forks they are pumping the price of btc and once the price becomes stagnant they will start another fork.

I don't really think that's related. Bitcoin price is increasing because more and more people are trusting bitcoin. I'm sure you remember what happen to bitcoin with the bcash fork. The price dropped a lot because of fear. Since the bitcoin proved to be stable and capable of handling these forks, that fear is gone.

Of course that we all expect to profit from this fork, like we did with bcash. If they are giving free money to the bitcoins holders, we accept it. But that's not the reason why more people are buying bitcoin and the price is increasing. You don't know how much bgold will be worth on exchanges, so people are buying bitcoin because they see it as a good investment, and they are not just trying to capitalize on this fork.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:11:42 PM

Buying and selling bitcoin is kinda playing with fire.Oneday you will give all your profits in strong crash situation. Professional guys can see difference between real uptrend and pump by fat finger.
Intra day trading is like playing with fire in any commodity market, be it stock market, be it forex, be alt-coin. Unless you have insider information, trading with 100% is hard. Here to begin with, why bother on trading the bitcoin on regular basis. Just buy and HODL them. You could only check the market price if you really need the money. Otherwise trading must be kept to those who have better understanding of market, what is happening and what is bound to happen in next few quarter. Like current prices might be pumping up due to bitcoin fork in sight. Thus some who has known this would be busy buying more coins and ready for making that big splash for himself.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:24:30 PM

I believe most people in the speculating market are of the idea that let the fork happen and I get my free lunch from it. May be that is the reason the forks are being called scam by people. If you look into the forks details and why it happened you can get an idea of the development behind it and the reason of it being implemented. There is nothing of scamming here and making theories trying the scare people. Crypto market is based on some risks and if you cant handle those then stay away from it.

Development as it's finest and how many times we did see those hard forks, developers aren't uniting and agreeing for just one bitcoin to support. It's a modded version of bitcoin and they keep on doing nothing but to make these hard forks happening. Yes there's no scam with it but it's a way that they just want to make money base on their own development and still speculation is the one that will fund these hard fork coins.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sonawer

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:33:29 PM

now actively buying bitcoins to get bitcoin gold, after October 24, it will definitely fall in price, all will start buying altcoins. i dont recomended to invest in bitcoins now.
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:09:57 AM

now actively buying bitcoins to get bitcoin gold, after October 24, it will definitely fall in price, all will start buying altcoins. i dont recomended to invest in bitcoins now.
I've read on one web, if hardfork will bring up a new type of coin, because currently bitcoin will issue bitcoingold.will our bitcoin disappear? or even increase with bitcoingold, because I've read will happen some possibilities, such as lost or increased.

BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:59:45 PM

I made money from the Bitcoin Cash fork and I'll be very happy if I also make money from the Bitcoin Gold fork. I'm bothered by the 2x fork though as that has the possibility of losing all my BTC (through lack of replay protection) - I'll be sweating on that day.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:07:18 PM

Yes, the price for bitcoin is much high now so purchasing bitcoins now would prove to be mistake. Many people are purchasing bitcoins to claim their bitcoingold but they are even facing some loss in purchasing bitcoin at such a high price. Bitcoin is surely on its way to success and even if we purchase now, we will have some profit because bitcoin will surely cross $7000 at such speed in some months so it is good to keep investing in bitcoins but by studying various criteria.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:56:10 PM

I’m not so sure that the price increase is due to the upcoming fork. It could be a factor, but we also saw a recent price drop and another increase. This could just be the normal fluctuations of the Bitcoin price. I’ve heard that there is a new exchange opening in South Korea that could be causing an increase in demand for Bitcoin as a new market opens up. Volatility is so common with Bitcoin that I think it’s hard to say that the fork is the reason unless we were just a couple of days before it.
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:21:11 AM

I've read on one web, if hardfork will bring up a new type of coin, because currently bitcoin will issue bitcoingold.will our bitcoin disappear? or even increase with bitcoingold, because I've read will happen some possibilities, such as lost or increased.
Even if bitcoin old in generated in the hardfork, the price for bitcoin will continue rising and bitcoin can never be dumped by any upcoming coins. According to me, bitcoingold will be similar to bitcoincash and will not overtake bitcoin.

Even there are some powerful altcoins like ETH but even they didn't overtake bitcoins and do it is hard for any upcoming coin to do so. But predicting crypto markets is nearly impossible so let wait for it and see the results.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:30:38 AM

The observation is quite valid because that is the current trend at this time of what we are facing but simply relying on that as a the main reason for increase in price as wrong although the fork has gone a long way in influencing but before these issues if forks, price has increasing gradually and I am hopeful that after this, it will also show a gradual increase.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:44:39 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2017, 05:56:50 AM by 777Bitcoin

As bitcoin is decentralized and unorganised, to have different opinions, no government control and even forking is a result of it. Yes, we can’t stopped any intention on forking as it will be not be cryptocurrency if we do that. There might have many more of this but I don’t have any idea of how “many more” means in exact numbers.

After all everyone is lured to have free money”coin”.
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:51:08 AM

The observation is quite valid because that is the current trend at this time of what we are facing but simply relying on that as a the main reason for increase in price as wrong although the fork has gone a long way in influencing but before these issues if forks, price has increasing gradually and I am hopeful that after this, it will also show a gradual increase.
You always need to ask yourself the question: "where is the money coming from?". In this case à lot of money is going from altcoins to bitcoin because people want to take advantage of the fork. That's why we saw a power shift to bitcoin the last week. Since the bitcoin gold fork has taken place things are evening out once again.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:46:27 AM

I cannot blame you if you think the fork influence the price of alternative coins because the idea that if those alts were down the investors will look to other option and that when bitcoin gold and segwi2x come. But the way I see things I think the reason behind the drops of alts is because the value of bitcoin increase rapidly and the market traders are looking for bitcoin instead of alts but when time comes that bitcoin stop increasing for sure the value of alts will back to normal and will surely pump.
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:04:02 AM

Bitcoin have its own market and a lot of users. Altcoin market is small market, which can not affect whole Bitcoin market. Even people, who trade with altcoins can not affect Bitcoin, because Bitcoin is too large. More than 200 000 users make transactions via only Blockchain daily, so may be only large mining or exchange companies can affect some Bitcoin price changes.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:06:40 AM

yes this is just a coincidence this year bitcoin fork for as many as 2 times in this year, any fork will be very expensive price, we can only take advantage of the opportunity to buy or sell bitcoin when the price is expensive like this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: