Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:02:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing Bitcoin Documentation  (Read 655 times)
super3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 02:04:43 AM

The Bitcoin docs are pretty horrendous at this point. Before I added markdown most of the files were not even human readable. Right now I am focusing on cleaning up formatting, and then I will focus on actually trying to make some of it useful.

So far:

Would love to have some feedback on my changes, and what people would like added to the docs. After Cleanup 2 is in, I plan on adding a quickstart guide. Any ideas on what I should include in the quickstart guide would be appreciated.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:12:46 AM

Quote from: doc/README.md
You need the Qt4 run-time libraries to run Bitcoin-Qt. On Debian or Ubuntu:
Bitcoin runs fine for me on windows without dependencies.

Also, I noticed you removed all the newlines. Is it customary for markdown files to contain long lines? It reads fine on github due to word wrap, but is it the standard for markdown viewers?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
super3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 03:09:57 AM

Quote from: doc/README.md
You need the Qt4 run-time libraries to run Bitcoin-Qt. On Debian or Ubuntu:
Bitcoin runs fine for me on windows without dependencies.

Also, I noticed you removed all the newlines. Is it customary for markdown files to contain long lines? It reads fine on github due to word wrap, but is it the standard for markdown viewers?
Seems to work fine in my tests. Let me know if you find something it breaks on.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: