Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:36:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Justic Dept Investigating BTC Price Manipulation in USA  (Read 66 times)
HopeHK (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:29:32 PM

This will be heart-breaking if it is true.   But I have suspected for a while that maybe the small BTC investor (i.e. ME) is getting played:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-24/bitcoin-manipulation-is-said-to-be-focus-of-u-s-criminal-probe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uzoodpbm

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:36:10 PM

I also saw this news, I hope this is true, the Justic department will play a very good role in promoting the encrypted world.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:56:28 PM

This will be heart-breaking if it is true.   But I have suspected for a while that maybe the small BTC investor (i.e. ME) is getting played:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-24/bitcoin-manipulation-is-said-to-be-focus-of-u-s-criminal-probe

This is complete waste of time. It seems they have no other pending cases against the investment bankers, the traders, the stock manipulators, the ever rich company directors that have a way of manipulating their share price so that they can continue to make themselves richer because of their payments via share options. Whatever, the reason why they are embarking on it, I am sure they have a whole lot of tax payers fund that they want to waste as they should be ready to carry out their investigation to go to several countries because for them to have started this, they would have limit it that the manipulation is within the US jurisdiction. We also need to consider the legal jurisdiction and what if those people found wanting are in countries with no repatriation agreement with the United States then its a waste of time and money as they wont be brought to justice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: