Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:01:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is it now worth starting to mine eth  (Read 380 times)
andrepcg (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:41:23 PM

in what extent do I buy cards? how much is the payback? and what are the pitfalls?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d3athgu1s3

Activity: 282

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:02:14 PM

It all depends on if your electricity are free or not. If it was costly, I doubt it will be profitable.

Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:11:59 PM

in what extent do I buy cards? how much is the payback? and what are the pitfalls?

well, currently, if you have AMD cards it is better to mine xmr or aeon - you'll get more profits from there
if you have nvidia - there is a bunch of alts to choose for mining

but there is another option, just but btc and watch how it rising to the moon..
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:24:25 PM

no.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:42:05 PM

well, currently, if you have AMD cards it is better to mine xmr or aeon - you'll get more profits from there
if you have nvidia - there is a bunch of alts to choose for mining

but there is another option, just but btc and watch how it rising to the moon..

In cost wise AMD Radeon cards costlier than other cards but you can still mine with the Nividia GTX 1080ti to mine any altcoins. I have a got the quote for the one rig cheaper than AMD cards contained one.
If you have to go with Nvidia you can able to mine Monero, Zcash and Ethereum coins with the better to choose if you have a standard AMD 470 cards.
Sjeikz

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:54:42 PM

I am buying up cheap rigs locally, but If I had to start now I would not recommend it.
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:22:50 PM

Not a very good time to start mining , the difficulty is already at it's all time high i was mining zec when the total network hashrate was 40Mh!! , look at it now and you will understand the situation , you should wait some time , for a lower difficulty or higher prices.
Even with free electricity (which i have) it's not worth it.

2016 GPU Miner
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

Looking a bit forward into Ethereum updates in the near future, i think it won't be profitable at all (if they go POS) till then i would mine some different altcoins.
siforek

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

It's hard to say & depends on your strategy. Typical mining calculators go by the price now so it could be higher or lower than that based on when you sell what you mine. That's what it's all about, what you sell it for! If you mine it even with high electricity costs, hold it & someday sell it at $1000/eth yeah it's a great profit, right? But if you sell it right after you mine it, well you can do those calculations yourself & see what it looks like based on your power costs.

Personally my hardware was better to switch to mining zcash & then I just trade with it, mostly to Eth. But I'm always watching the profitability & have switched back to Eth a few times for a while too.
Don-Quixote

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:50:51 PM

its all about your cost of electricity and the price you pay for your equipment

ROI is a huge factor before (start of the year) it was insane you could paid for your investment in about 6-8 months.. today you are looking at min one year or even year and a half only to break even if price dosnt change!

plus you have to take in consideration that the life-time of the equipment will be about 2-3 years (24/7 max Performance) in very good condition and your warranty would be probably no more then a year!

in conclusion if you mine at almost free electricity and you are able to find really cheap deals i would say go for it but if you dont have any of this just buy the coins and HODLLLLL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: