Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too High Bonuses: A Sign Of Scam Projects?  (Read 177 times)
SLbountyhunter

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:59:41 AM

We can't find good quality bounty easily. But there are some facts to find a scam bounties. First of all, you want to look at the roadmap, White paper, and website about the bounty campaign. After you should look at their team of developers. They are the key of the project. Then you can have a rough idea about the project. There are some easy steps to find the quality of the project.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

I think that might be sign of scam but that is basically something normal to me because they most sell worthless tokens so they can apply too high bonus as well but that's not definetely attractive if the project is not promising.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:20:01 AM

I agree with you ! most of the time ICO swith high bonuses will turned out to be a scam after they gather some funds that they collect in their token sale period. High bonuses is just an attraction for an eye but we don't usually used our minds before investing.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:24:15 AM

Totally agree, but unfortunately this will become the new trend I am afraid.
See, rules and regulations focus on standard investors, but accredited investors are off the hook of all regulations. Projects know this and try to get as much $$$ before all funding fun is over (maybe soon, dunno). So if you can get $10m in funding from a small bunch of investors, that you can vet/check completely beforehand and make certain deals with....or a million small investors all shitting on the project once ICO is over and price doesn't moon immediately....I think the answer is clear.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:29:46 AM

Yes, agree with too high bonuses can can be a sign of unsuccessful ico project but we also need to take into consideration why they are offering a high bonus. If a ico project have partnership with a big companies then giving a big bonus maybe just to ensure adoption and to distribute token for community to use.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:22:40 AM

It is important for people to know that, not all projects that steal money and disappear are scams and a lot of projects just offer huge bonuses to entice people into investing in their platform.

Offering too high bonuses is one of the major reasons why some ICOs fail.
Ideally i believe presale bonuses should not be more than 30% and the purpose of presale should be for a project to meet its soft cap, so presale allocations should be capped accordingly.

Offering too high bonuses either locked up or not will still cause some form of uncertainty for investors and prompt weak hands to dump.

Projects that offers 50, 70 or even 100% bonuses should be a no go area for investors.
Yes, projects with 100% or more are mostly scam in my opinion.

And you should never invest into running ICOs if you have missed the first/best bonus stage. Risk is too high then.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 09:45:51 AM

Totally agree with you. I noticed this for a long time already, that if the project offers high bonuses (sometimes even 100%), then this is really a sign of scam. And recently I do not even study such projects.
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:49:43 AM

yeah, really solid projects usually are more reasonable in terms of sale bonuses or bounty allocations... they trust the long-term worth of the project and dun need too much of the enticement element...
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:54:47 AM

Totally agree with you. I noticed this for a long time already, that if the project offers high bonuses (sometimes even 100%), then this is really a sign of scam. And recently I do not even study such projects.

In my opinion with this kind of issue, There really is a scam projects that are lurking in the forum and we can sure determine it by the amount of bonuses it gives, However I really think if there are a 90% of it that are a sure scam there are still 20% of it that will sure will give a legit bonuses, We can sure make a lot of doubtful thoughts at first but in my opinion I really think there are still legit kind of stuff out there, But well it is really up to us to trust it, If it requires giving your password then have a second though and that will become a 100% scam or fraud.
pr0bvk

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:55:00 AM

I agree with you. Projects with a high reward rate of over 50% are highly scam projects. Choose projects that are feasible and have good dev teams
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

Offering too high bonuses either locked up or not will still cause some form of uncertainty for investors and prompt weak hands to dump.

That might happen nevertheless if the product is solid and investors have their full trust to it then dumping will lessen.

Projects that offers 50, 70 or even 100% bonuses should be a no go area for investors.

50% for me is still reasonable especially for early investors but 70% to 100% is too much as it's more likely a give away.

Having too high bonuses isn't a strong basis to call an ico as a scam because it does have many aspects to look at.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
duyduc256

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:43:44 AM

I agree with you. Projects with a high reward rate of over 50% are highly scam projects. Choose projects that are feasible and have good dev teams
I only choose projects from 2% to 4% of their tokens distributed to bounty hunters because if that project really grows they need to have a rational development strategy and avoid the case of selling panic on but at this stage, it is difficult to say anything
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:20:36 AM

Before Joining a campaign, I made an estimation first before joining. Not all big bonuses are scam. You need to read the full white paper and ask them if they can deliver what has been written.
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:08:32 AM

The main signs of the scam are inaccuracies in the documentation. I always try to read the White Paper because it contains the whole basis of the project..

Jiucaige

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

You are very right. It is deceptive to provide too high a bonus for the bounty mission. This can be an important way for us to identify the bounty mission!
JaoBadjap

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 11:13:10 AM

high bonus actually affects the further value of the token.
come to think of it. when you got 2 token of value of 1$ for 100% bonus. with its actual price of 1$.
it actually lessen the value basing on the actual ICO Price.
the effect is devastating when it hits the exchange.
Lyndieline

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 11:14:36 AM

Whenever I see very high bonuses I get wary. How do they intend to meet all these promises. Some do that so that their can be hype for their projects. It is good practice to check every detail well before committing to a project.

It is important for people to know that, not all projects that steal money and disappear are scams and a lot of projects just offer huge bonuses to entice people into investing in their platform.

Offering too high bonuses is one of the major reasons why some ICOs fail.
Ideally i believe presale bonuses should not be more than 30% and the purpose of presale should be for a project to meet its soft cap, so presale allocations should be capped accordingly.

seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 11:17:47 AM

I don't invest in ICOs with big bonuses (>30%) because i can buy that tokens later on Exchanges much lower then ICO price without freezing my money in that ICOs because unknown dates of listings on Exchnages.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

That might happen nevertheless if the product is solid and investors have their full trust to it then dumping will lessen.

50% for me is still reasonable especially for early investors but 70% to 100% is too much as it's more likely a give away.

Having too high bonuses isn't a strong basis to call an ico as a scam because it does have many aspects to look at.

solid product and investors with full trust aren't a guarantee that ICO will not dump on its first exchange. instead big holders will try to buy at lower price by dumping their big bonus and trigger panic sell.

big bonus is not a sign of scam ICO but a sign that the token will become whales toy
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:05:22 AM

solid product and investors with full trust aren't a guarantee that ICO will not dump on its first exchange. instead big holders will try to buy at lower price by dumping their big bonus and trigger panic sell.

big bonus is not a sign of scam ICO but a sign that the token will become whales toy

Wait, I didn't say that investors and solid product will guarantee that the token will not get dump but it will further lessen the chances of getting dump.

I see some icos that pointing fingers to bounty participants saying that they're the reason why the price fall but the truth is investors are the first who dumped their investment because they lose their trust to the product as well as the team. And it's vital if investor's trust are already ruined.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: