Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x fork, B2X Price  (Read 1330 times)
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:20:36 AM

So, what would be the dumbass reason the developers would not have replay protection, other than being a dumbass?

It seems that B2x has a better price value than the previous fork! What's bothering my mind is what would be the negative side if B2x doesn't have replay protection at all? Huh
Without replay protection, new transactions will be equally valid on both chains as well. This means that these transactions can be copied or “replayed,” from one chain to the other, in other words, for them to happen on both which is commonly referred as replay attack. If you send B2X to someone, you might accidentally send him BTC as well and vice versa because they can do a replay attack with the help of a miner in both chains.

may I ask what is replay protection?
Yes, you may ask. to Google.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:59:00 PM

Ok i  understand what you talking about.
if you wants to get b2x coin or whatever it called, what you need to do?
few day ago bitcoin gold was released i got some btg coin because of i had some btc in my hitbtc exchange.  they give equal coin.  so i think you can do this.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:21:01 PM

Yes, many people will likely try to sell off their Segwit2x coins and drive the price down from where we see the current futures price. I don't think it will go that low so quickly though. Since there is no replay protection, I can see many people holding on to theirs out of fear of losing their bitcoin and will wait for the dust to settle before selling.

Nancimy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:49:41 PM

Yes, many people will likely try to sell off their Segwit2x coins and drive the price down from where we see the current futures price. I don't think it will go that low so quickly though. Since there is no replay protection, I can see many people holding on to theirs out of fear of losing their bitcoin and will wait for the dust to settle before selling.

The initial low price of the 2x coin could be a good time to accumulate.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:18:59 PM

In my opinion the b2x price is range between $1000-$2000 at first launch. It will goes down little bit after listing on exchange because of some weak hand or people want easy and free money. Its just like bitcoincash but will be stronger maybe.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:19:02 PM

I can only imagine how frustrated anyone is who actually purchased futures of the Segwit2x coins! No refunds on this cancelled fork. Cheesy

ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:23:33 PM

I can only imagine how frustrated anyone is who actually purchased futures of the Segwit2x coins! No refunds on this cancelled fork. Cheesy
I know, right. A lot of people bet that this thing would come through as all of the forks did up to this point.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: