Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:46:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese Law around Privacy Coins (Traveling to Tokyo)  (Read 95 times)
avjn7 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:17:25 PM

Is there anything I should not be looking at online outside of the normal stuff for North America? Specifically private crypto currencies? I read a few weeks ago that privacy coins will be illegal as of June 18th. What does this mean? I mine privacy coins in Canada and naturally will be checking my rigs online. I also have tshirts with privacy coin logos on them. Would either of these be illegal? Not planning on spending or mining privacy coins on Japanese soil. Any insights would be appreciated.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:23:52 PM

Shirts are fine and visiting the website or checking stats it fine to! There are no crimes associated with what you explain I am sure!
Heroine is illegal everywhere still you can look at it at web pages or have it on shirts Smiley

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:25:54 PM

Is there anything I should not be looking at online outside of the normal stuff for North America? Specifically private crypto currencies? I read a few weeks ago that privacy coins will be illegal as of June 18th. What does this mean? I mine privacy coins in Canada and naturally will be checking my rigs online. I also have tshirts with privacy coin logos on them. Would either of these be illegal? Not planning on spending or mining privacy coins on Japanese soil. Any insights would be appreciated.

Where can we get the news about the illegality of privacy in June 18th because we also want to read about it. I think owners of privacy coins are not suppose to be known because of the nature of the coins so how can government be able arrest offenders. Thanks

MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:51:03 PM

Where can we get the news about the illegality of privacy in June 18th because we also want to read about it. I think owners of privacy coins are not suppose to be known because of the nature of the coins so how can government be able arrest offenders. Thanks

You can start read these 2 pages:

https://cryptonews.com/news/organized-crime-mobs-launder-usd-275-million-in-crypto-repor-1772.htm

https://cryptonews.com/news/three-privacy-coins-and-augur-lose-friend-in-japan-1820.htm

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 10:22:05 PM

You can start read these 2 pages:

https://cryptonews.com/news/organized-crime-mobs-launder-usd-275-million-in-crypto-repor-1772.htm

https://cryptonews.com/news/three-privacy-coins-and-augur-lose-friend-in-japan-1820.htm

That first link, what did they use to buy the crypto? YEN! and why did they send the crypto out of japan then back and then back to yen? To get taxed? and to get tracked? Lol no way that is real! If you have yen in cash you don´t want to do this, it will make the the gov know about it when you go back to yen so it is just good for  the regulators / law enforces not for getting clean yen such fud!

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
covfefe_

Activity: 934
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:56:07 AM

Unless you are trading the privacy coin with Japanese Yen, there's nothing illegal. And again its not totally outlawed yet, this was done to help police investigate hacks and thefts of cryptocurrency which reaches a dead end in privacy focused coins. 
Being a foreigner you are free to wear whatever you want or do whatever you want as they don't care.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 02:50:13 AM

Why should the government of Japanese ban privacy coins?  The essence of privacy coins is to hide identity, so how will they arrest offenders. You can move your rig to other countries and still make money.

HOMT