Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:16:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex wants my credentials,where is crypto anonymity?!  (Read 592 times)
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:26:23 AM

Bittrex wants my credentials,where is crypto anonimity?! I cant withdraw my funds! I beware to give my credentials to bittrex I think its not safely Angry Any oppinions?

Times are changing and there is really no anonymity in bitcoin these days and this is due to the attention its getting from government forces who are bent on tagging it being used for fraudulent and money laundering activities. I guess the situation at hand is one of compromise where you have to choose either to part with some information or not use the crypto currency because sooner or later this will be applied across board by all exchange sites totally if they still want to remain in business.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:51:30 PM

Bittrex wants my credentials,where is crypto anonimity?! I cant withdraw my funds! I beware to give my credentials to bittrex I think its not safely Angry Any oppinions?
There is no anonymity in crypto whatsoever when dealing with crypto-to-FIAT exchanges and vice versa.
It would really help if you told us what you're trying to withdraw.
They would only ask for your details if you're withdrawing FIAT, which is necessary due to KYC regulations.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:37:38 PM

There is no anonymity in crypto whatsoever when dealing with crypto-to-FIAT exchanges and vice versa.
It would really help if you told us what you're trying to withdraw.
They would only ask for your details if you're withdrawing FIAT, which is necessary due to KYC regulations.

This is about Bittrex. They don't offer fiat markets. They do apparently accept USD wires for $100,000 or more, but they deliver Tether-USD -- not USD, as they don't have the banking infrastructure to support high volume fiat deposits/withdrawals.

So, what's happening is that Bittrex (perhaps under pressure from US authorities) is determining that it is not merely interaction with fiat money that requires KYC. Merely owning an account with some arbitrary amount of value ($1000) worth of digital currencies apparently requires it.
nkarm1

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:45:28 AM

I had the same problem too, but i did something to withdraw my funds and somehow it works. You might wanna try it, i have made a withdrawal without even confirming my identity. I think this thing works right now because that was only maybe 4 or 5 weeks ago. To widthraw your funds just convert it to any other alts like doge or ethereum, etc.. then send it to another trading site that has no KYC requirements. Or send it to shapeshift.io (not recomended high fees).
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1589

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:52:29 PM

Shapeshift is expensive, but 100% anonymous. Shapeshif to Monero and then to your private accounts and that´s it.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:19:54 PM

They are basically monitored by government agencies so they need to adhere with their rules and laws, and that is to get credentials from their users that will withdraw large amount of BTC from their website to comply with Anti-Money Laundering law. You can still withdraw BTC (using Basic account) but that should be less than 3 BTC per day. This is quite expected as the government will try to form a firm grip to cryptoexchanges.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

Shapeshift is expensive, but 100% anonymous. Shapeshif to Monero and then to your private accounts and that´s it.

Shapeshift isn't exactly anonymous. They log IP addresses and block TOR. So you can use a no-log VPN and be reasonably sure of your privacy, but that's up to the VPN provider. There is no such thing as anonymity when we depend on centralized services.

I agree, though, and I use it. The fees aren't that bad -- they basically work out to what I'd pay on an exchange. Maybe a bit more due to transaction fees (because everything is on-chain) depending what currencies I'm trading. I'm trying out Changelly, haven't figured if the fees are better or not. You need to use an email address with Changelly, otherwise it's the same as Shapeshift.
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:37:33 AM

I see this very much as being a tempory situation. While we still rely on exchanges then they are always going to be forced into complying with KYC/AML regulations. What will happen eventually is the technology will be developed to allow decentralised peer-to-peer exchanging of cryptocurrencies.

I seriously doubt those will be fast enough for usual trading and further fiat conversion is out of the question. Since you can't trade coins fast to earn from price spikes and have no option to exit to fiat without giving your ID anyway I'm not holding my breath to see it anytime soon.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:05:21 AM

I see this very much as being a tempory situation. While we still rely on exchanges then they are always going to be forced into complying with KYC/AML regulations. What will happen eventually is the technology will be developed to allow decentralised peer-to-peer exchanging of cryptocurrencies.

I seriously doubt those will be fast enough for usual trading and further fiat conversion is out of the question. Since you can't trade coins fast to earn from price spikes and have no option to exit to fiat without giving your ID anyway I'm not holding my breath to see it anytime soon.

You can certainly trade fast enough to take advantage of price movements, but you have to zoom out to the 4H, daily and weekly charts. The latency experienced with decentralized exchanges is the main reason why they aren't acceptable for day trading. If someone can figure out how to fix that, then I am confident that traders will weigh the exchange risk and liquidity will come to decentralized exchanges.

If regulators haven't come down on Tether and other fiat-pegged coins by then, movement to decentralized exchanges will definitely cause them to. That's the main drawback of next generation decentralized exchanges; there's still no fiat onramps. The next logical move is to take down Tether...

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:11:29 AM

You can certainly trade fast enough to take advantage of price movements, but you have to zoom out to the 4H, daily and weekly charts. The latency experienced with decentralized exchanges is the main reason why they aren't acceptable for day trading. If someone can figure out how to fix that, then I am confident that traders will weigh the exchange risk and liquidity will come to decentralized exchanges.

If regulators haven't come down on Tether and other fiat-pegged coins by then, movement to decentralized exchanges will definitely cause them to. That's the main drawback of next generation decentralized exchanges; there's still no fiat onramps. The next logical move is to take down Tether...
So when the crypto-rouble, crypto-yuan, crypto-IMF-coin, and possibly the crypto-aussie dollar hit the exchanges, then does Tether becomes a moot point?

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:47:26 AM

So when the crypto-rouble, crypto-yuan, crypto-IMF-coin, and possibly the crypto-aussie dollar hit the exchanges, then does Tether becomes a moot point?

Hmm, I don't think so. It actually brings Tether into the spotlight. The Crypto-Ruble and Crypto-Yuan (or whatever they end up being known as) are backed by their respective central banks. There is no comparison to Tether.

Tether is a shady company that can't move money and hides its bank accounts for fear that regulators/law enforcement might freeze their assets. It's no secret that they've been blacklisted by the banking system (and not just with USD) since early this year. You think the US would just let Tether operate with impunity? People can use it to completely skirt taxes and AML compliance...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: