Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get into my Litecoin wallet?  (Read 6409 times)
Luposian (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:06:40 AM

I type in my username (PIN) and then cut/paste my wallet key into the second field and then enter the special verification text, but every time I do, it tells me it's not right!  If I can't remember what my PIN (username) is, how do I reset it or whatever?  Does the username (PIN) have to be so many characters and MUST contain at least one number?  That would help me figure it out.  There seems to be no "Oops, I forgot my username" link or anything similar, including a "Contact Us" link or something.

I've already got my Wallet key entered in at Pooledbits, so as soon as I hit 1.00000000 Litecoins (I'm at 0.73 and climbing right now), it's gonna go to my wallet, but if I can't get to my wallet, the money is as good as "lost".

H E L P !!!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:08:21 AM

hello, in order to get the litecoins to your wallet, you must have a litecoin bondservice. I can provide said service for .5 BTC per year.... do you see where i'm going with this? Grin

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Eva Braun

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:14:38 AM

I think you lost them.. sorry
Kaepora

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:17:07 AM

I type in my username (PIN) and then cut/paste my wallet key into the second field and then enter the special verification text, but every time I do, it tells me it's not right!  If I can't remember what my PIN (username) is, how do I reset it or whatever?  Does the username (PIN) have to be so many characters and MUST contain at least one number?  That would help me figure it out.  There seems to be no "Oops, I forgot my username" link or anything similar, including a "Contact Us" link or something.

I've already got my Wallet key entered in at Pooledbits, so as soon as I hit 1.00000000 Litecoins (I'm at 0.73 and climbing right now), it's gonna go to my wallet, but if I can't get to my wallet, the money is as good as "lost".

H E L P !!!

If you forgot the password there is little hope. Reinstall get a new wallet address and change the address at the pool.
Luposian (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 02:19:03 AM

hello, in order to get the litecoins to your wallet, you must have a litecoin bondservice. I can provide said service for .5 BTC per year.... do you see where i'm going with this? Grin

With "help" like that, I think I'll just go delete my wallet address @ Pooledbits and get me another address elsewhere.  Surely someone has a better answer than YOURS!

Not sure if I can just create another Litecoin wallet @ https://ltc-wallet.com/ or not.  Don't want to abuse any rules or whatever.
Kaepora

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:23:33 AM

With "help" like that, I think I'll just go delete my wallet address @ Pooledbits and get me another address elsewhere.  Surely someone has a better answer than YOURS!

Not sure if I can just create another Litecoin wallet @ https://ltc-wallet.com/ or not.  Don't want to abuse any rules or whatever.

If you lost your password not even they can recover it. Why dont you just download the Litecoin client and use that as a wallet instead?
http://litecoin.org/
Xanthe

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:42:22 AM

H E L P !!!

I'm not really understanding the complete situation here I think but this is what I would do:

First, raise the payout on Pooledbits to something much higher than 1.0 in order to buy yourself some time temporarily (simply removing the wallet address may serve the same purpose, not sure...).

Now if I understand this correctly, you've lost access to your Litecoin wallet at ltc-wallet.com? I don't know what their recovery process is there (if it's even possible) but in this case it'd probably be easiest to just create a new wallet (assuming the wallet was empty anyway). As Kaepora suggested, I'd head over to the litecoin.org website instead and get the Litecoin wallet client there (I don't trust online wallets). If you go this route, once the Litecoin-Qt wallet is running you can use the default receive address or generate a new one and place it in the Pooledbits payout address field. Since the wallet is local, make sure to keep a backup of the wallet.dat file somewhere safe in case your hard drive fails. It's located at %appdata%\Litecoin\wallet.dat on Windows.

Hopefully you'll get your troubles sorted, good luck! Smiley
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:46:45 AM

H E L P !!!

I'm not really understanding the complete situation here I think but this is what I would do:

First, raise the payout on Pooledbits to something much higher than 1.0 in order to buy yourself some time temporarily (simply removing the wallet address may serve the same purpose, not sure...).

Now if I understand this correctly, you've lost access to your Litecoin wallet at ltc-wallet.com? I don't know what their recovery process is there (if it's even possible) but in this case it'd probably be easiest to just create a new wallet (assuming the wallet was empty anyway). As Kaepora suggested, I'd head over to the litecoin.org website instead and get the Litecoin wallet client there (I don't trust online wallets). If you go this route, once the Litecoin-Qt wallet is running you can use the default receive address or generate a new one and place it in the Pooledbits payout address field. Since the wallet is local, make sure to keep a backup of wallet.dat file somewhere safe in case your hard drive fails.

Hopefully you'll get your troubles sorted, good luck! Smiley

i lost my wallet there too. imo they are either scamming or there is a serious issue with their service.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Xanthe

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:51:28 AM

i lost my wallet there too. imo they are either scamming or there is a serious issue with their service.

Yikes, I sure would hope that's not the case. This is why all of my wallets are local. As we all know, there's no place like home! Wink
Kaepora

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:54:40 AM

Yikes, I sure would hope that's not the case. This is why all of my wallets are local. As we all know, there's no place like home! Wink
I surely could trust someone to do something I cant even trust myself to securely do sometimes.  Smiley
I also recommend a local wallet:
Luposian (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 03:03:58 AM

I surely could trust someone to do something I cant even trust myself to securely do sometimes.  Smiley
I also recommend a local wallet:

Well, I'm trying to get the Bitcoin client up and running, but it's downloading blocks or something and the Miner starts and quits immediately.  I assume it has to download all those blocks before the program will work?  I've already entered in all the same info I normally do, so I assume this "blocks download" is the only thing to wait for, til I can actually start mining again?
rolloffacliffpleaseanddie

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:12:58 AM

Its probably a user error.
Xanthe

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:14:29 AM

Well, I'm trying to get the Bitcoin client up and running, but it's downloading blocks or something and the Miner starts and quits immediately.  I assume it has to download all those blocks before the program will work?  I've already entered in all the same info I normally do, so I assume this "blocks download" is the only thing to wait for, til I can actually start mining again?

I am now even more confused. You mean the Litecoin, not Bitcoin client, right? Tongue

It will probably take some time to download the blockchain, yes. You shouldn't need to use the Litecoin client miner at all. You can continue using whatever software you are already using to mine at Pooledbits (cgminer, minerd, etc). You can use the Litecoin-qt client simply as your wallet. Under the "receive coins" tab you'll see an address listed. You can right-click on this address and choose "copy address". If you paste this address into the payout address on Pooledbits, your Litecoins will be sent to your local wallet. You'll see the transaction come through (once sent from Pooledbits) whenever your Litecoin client finishes catching up downloading the blockchain.

In the meantime you can continue mining at Pooledbits using whatever miner software that you already have been. There's no need to use the Litecoin-qt client for mining -- just use it as a wallet. Smiley
rolloffacliffpleaseanddie

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:28:55 AM

I think its gone forever and ever.
Luposian (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:44:40 AM

I am now even more confused. You mean the Litecoin, not Bitcoin client, right? Tongue

It will probably take some time to download the blockchain, yes. You shouldn't need to use the Litecoin client miner at all. You can continue using whatever software you are already using to mine at Pooledbits (cgminer, minerd, etc). You can use the Litecoin-qt client simply as your wallet. Under the "receive coins" tab you'll see an address listed. You can right-click on this address and choose "copy address". If you paste this address into the payout address on Pooledbits, your Litecoins will be sent to your local wallet. You'll see the transaction come through (once sent from Pooledbits) whenever your Litecoin client finishes catching up downloading the blockchain.

In the meantime you can continue mining at Pooledbits using whatever miner software that you already have been. There's no need to use the Litecoin-qt client for mining -- just use it as a wallet. Smiley

I meant Litecoin client, of course!  Mining Bitcoins is only for those with billion of dollars and lots of ASICS going full tilt! :-D  I can at least mine Litecoins with a few CPUs, running Haiku and Windows!

I'm actually thinking of "stepping up my game" (a little), by upgrading my Dell Inspiron 570 to an Athlon II X4 640 and a Radeon 4770 (or better), but I have to upgrade my PSU first... thinking of going with a PC Power & Cooling EPS 610 or similar.  But, the only problem is... I'm then SPENDING money to make Litecoins, instead of just making them for FREE (assuming my electricity bill doesn't go any higher than it normally did, before I started Litecoin mining, that is).  I'm even throwing my iPhone 4S into the mix!  Every little bit helps!  Afterall...

"Persistence" by Luposian

Progress is progress, no matter how slow.
Remember the tortoise, wherever you go.
Though the rabbit was faster, we knew by his pace.
The tortoise was better, 'cause HE won the race!
Xanthe

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:05:28 AM

I meant Litecoin client, of course!  Mining Bitcoins is only for those with billion of dollars and lots of ASICS going full tilt! :-D  I can at least mine Litecoins with a few CPUs, running Haiku and Windows!

Indeed. Smiley The Bitcoin difficulty is exploding lately. I won't lie, I'm kind of jealous of the ASICs, but I think in the end no one is going to see the kind of returns that they may have expected.

Upgrading is fun! The PC P&C EPS 610 looks like a very nice unit (is it discontinued, though?). As for a GPU, you may be able to find something with better performance per dollar than a 4770. If you're looking at used cards, the 5830s or 5850s seem pretty good if you can find them cheap. A 7950 would be the ultimate setup and with rebates, you can find them for about $270 new in the US (Newegg/Amazon). The 7000 series cards, particularly the 7800 and 7900 cards, provide the best hash/watt performance currently available meaning you can make the most of your electricity usage with them. GPUs are exponentially more efficient than CPUs for mining when it comes to electricity use. Here's a nice chart to give an idea of the relative mining performance of various CPUs/GPUs: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison. Mining on your phone is crazy! Tongue

If you enjoy playing in the markets and trading, mining other alt-coins can be even more profitable than Litecoin. It's also riskier, however, as the markets are more volatile.

Oh, almost forgot. Did you get your issue resolved? Is the Litecoin wallet working out for you and were you able to withdraw your coins from Pooledbits?

You run Haiku and you write Haiku (or close enough Wink)! I like your attitude. Good luck. Cheesy
Luposian (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 06:50:17 AM

Indeed. Smiley The Bitcoin difficulty is exploding lately. I won't lie, I'm kind of jealous of the ASICs, but I think in the end no one is going to see the kind of returns that they may have expected.

Upgrading is fun! The PC P&C EPS 610 looks like a very nice unit (is it discontinued, though?). As for a GPU, you may be able to find something with better performance per dollar than a 4770. If you're looking at used cards, the 5830s or 5850s seem pretty good if you can find them cheap. A 7950 would be the ultimate setup and with rebates, you can find them for about $270 new in the US (Newegg/Amazon). The 7000 series cards, particularly the 7800 and 7900 cards, provide the best hash/watt performance currently available meaning you can make the most of your electricity usage with them. GPUs are exponentially more efficient than CPUs for mining when it comes to electricity use. Here's a nice chart to give an idea of the relative mining performance of various CPUs/GPUs: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison. Mining on your phone is crazy! Tongue

If you enjoy playing in the markets and trading, mining other alt-coins can be even more profitable than Litecoin. It's also riskier, however, as the markets are more volatile.

Oh, almost forgot. Did you get your issue resolved? Is the Litecoin wallet working out for you and were you able to withdraw your coins from Pooledbits?

You run Haiku and you write Haiku (or close enough Wink)! I like your attitude. Good luck. Cheesy

Just about done "catching up" (downloading blocks) with the Litecoin client.  Will that sync my wallet or...?  I haven't lost any Litecoins nor do I plan to withdraw any until I reach a threshold of 1.0000000 (or however many zeros there are) Litecoin.  I'm hoping Litecoins become "the next big thing", so I can actually "make money" doing this... even if it's only a few US dollars here and there... :-D
Kaepora

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 07:01:18 AM

Just about done "catching up" (downloading blocks) with the Litecoin client.  Will that sync my wallet or...?  I haven't lost any Litecoins nor do I plan to withdraw any until I reach a threshold of 1.0000000 (or however many zeros there are) Litecoin.  I'm hoping Litecoins become "the next big thing", so I can actually "make money" doing this... even if it's only a few US dollars here and there... :-D

yes your client will be fully synced after its done downloading and processing everything. Make sure to change your address on the pool to your new one!
Eva Braun

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:44:19 PM

Looks like your locked out for good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: