Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is what reddit thinks of bitcoin  (Read 6071 times)
Dayofswords

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

Exchange BTC in Telegram https://bit.ly/2MEfiw8

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 02:33:36 PM

Either way I figured you guys would get a kick out of it. Notice the disgust and rage. People don't like bitcoin.

Completely wrong.

1. it was downvoted because the thread sucked. Plain and simple, dance your way around it if you like but that's the truth, there was only one was the thread was going to go, to one big huge cluster of begging for coins. That's not fun, I don't know about you but I don't go to reddit to read "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE" threads, I want to know about cats and their cute poses.

2. http://reddit.com/Bitcoin exists.

3. A sample size of 49 people on reddit is like walking into a school and asking the first kid "want a cookie" and get a reply "nah, it's time for class" and then run a story in the paper "GRADES OVER EATING? The rapid rise in public schools discouraging eating."

4. Again, the thread sucked.

BTC Banker - Exchange BTC in Telegram bot https://bit.ly/2MEfiw8
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zerbie

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:04:59 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2011, 05:52:29 PM by Zerbie

I polite warning would have sufficed.  However, this sub-reddit is poorly moderated.  There is only one moderator with a reasonable amount of comments, and his comments tend to be immature.  The other "moderators" appear to be puppets.  In fact, one of the moderators actually got .79 BTC from someone doing something similar to what you did.

Don't worry about it.  Live and learn.

EDIT: Actually, AtlasLGo appears to be reasonable, but has not picked good co-moderators.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:12:14 PM

The complete failure of your thread has nothing to do with bitcoin, in fact it indicates that people want the bitcoin.  Of course the comments are downvoted.  If you want to win the BTC you have to have the highest, and since no one is going to vote for you you need to vote everyone else down.

nemo (OP)

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:48:36 PM

Can't even give that shit away to people who don't know about it.
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:56:59 PM

Reddit is a post-apocalyptic alternative history version of Fark.com 10 years ago.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 08:11:10 PM

Your Reddit submission is clearly against HIVEMIND, maybe that's why.
FTFY
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 08:41:56 PM

Reddit also thinks rage comics and year old 4chan memes are high brow humor
Tawsix

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:03:30 PM

Reddit is the biggest shitheap on the internet if you're looking for serious discussion.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: