Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate way to recover account. Admins please read.  (Read 233 times)
jaideep10002 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:45:41 PM

So recently my account was compromised.

Old Account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=257526

I read the thread with the process on how to recover the account and such.
However I haven't posted a bitcoin address with that account so can't do that signing thing.

What I do have is two posts with information that can easily prove ownership.

1st is an ethereum address
2nd is my localbitcoins profile link here: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/jaideep1000/

Both of these were posted from my old account in two posts.

My suggestion to prove ownership:
1. I can send a micro transaction from the ethereum address I posted to an address the admins provide.
2. The admins can give me a string of characters and I can put them up on my localbitcoins profile.

I strongly think these should be good enough proofs.

I had to create a thread because admin wouldn't reply to my messages.

Please help a fella out.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:28:39 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 03:38:53 PM by SM23031997

First - How old the ethereum address is? If it is enough old than, yes it can be used to recover your account. There are cases when Cyrus helped members to recover their accounts with an ethereum address.

Please sign a message with the ethereum address, rest of the procedure will be same as described with bitcoin as an example.

Update - Address posted 18 June 2017, around 4 months old. Could be used to Verify Ownership.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1830895.msg19632469#msg19632469
jaideep10002 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:35:24 PM

Alright.

Any idea on how to sign a message with an ethereum address?

Don't have to explain in detail just give me a few pointers and I'll google the rest.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:43:01 PM

Alright.

Don't have to explain in detail just give me a few pointers and I'll google the rest.

IMO, that address is too new to use as proof.
Read the sticky COMPLETELY to see what IS accepted. If your proof is NOT listed there, it may not even be considered.
The exceptions seem to be a FEW alt coin addresses. ID, photos and notes from Mom probably will be ignored.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:44:31 PM

If someone has changed your password and email id, then you must have received an email on your registered ID confirming the changes. You can lock the account by clicking the link provided on that email.

Check it out

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2282758.msg23200350#msg23200350

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:54:42 PM

Alright.

For that, you must have access to your private key. If you already have that key then you can easily sign the message using https://www.myetherwallet.com/signmsg.html
If you don't have the private key or have an account on an exchange than it's not possible for you to sign the message. Therefore, you can't recover your account.
jaideep10002 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:28:54 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 05:39:00 PM by jaideep10002

I did lock the account.

And I keep coins in a cold wallet so yes I have my private keys too.

Can a senior Mod please verify if the wallet address posted from my old account is old enough to prove owner ship. If yes then I'll sign the message and hopefully get back my account.

I lost my account only like 3 days ago on Oct 23rd.
Lamberialako

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:58:25 PM

my account was hacked.. i posted my NEM addresss, my wallet is ok. Can you recover  account?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: