Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:17:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Big Dev Teams Successful??  (Read 532 times)
cryptomato

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:57:45 PM

I have seen hundreds of projects in last 6 years and I can say that quantity of the team doesn't mean anything. there are teams consists of 5 people and they do better than team of 50 people. So quality is more important than quantity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DevSoft

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:58:56 PM

Genereally yes. But it depends on the quality on team. Some teams are really well, good educated or have deep knowladge about. Some are just garbage.
GUI_Center

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:55:41 PM

Big teams can definitely do well if they are structured and have defined roles outcomes. Not everyone is a developer and there is a need for managers, marketing teams, and other functions. However, sometimes quality is better than quantity. Review teams and roles and make sure you understand the outcomes planned and timelines.

mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:24:35 PM

Big teams can definitely do well if they are structured and have defined roles outcomes. Not everyone is a developer and there is a need for managers, marketing teams, and other functions. However, sometimes quality is better than quantity. Review teams and roles and make sure you understand the outcomes planned and timelines.

I think testimonials are even more important than developers. We can know an ICO or online business is legit or not is from the testimony of the people who use it and the investors who make the investment. After all, how can we know they are using such great and trusted developers? Maybe we should do some more research to find out good developers and reliable ICO.
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:17:15 PM

but bigger dev sometimes becomes something that makes us sure to invest in somr ico . that build trust to the ico that their created. so i think it does matter. cause after all ico mean how their manage it and it will be well developed if its maintaned so good.

GUI_Center

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:24:39 PM

I think testimonials are even more important than developers. We can know an ICO or online business is legit or not is from the testimony of the people who use it and the investors who make the investment. After all, how can we know they are using such great and trusted developers? Maybe we should do some more research to find out good developers and reliable ICO.

I agree with that. Size, big or small, won't matter if you can't trust the developers. Research needs to be done on all aspects of the team and coin in question.

Williamsss

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:27:45 PM

I have seen hundreds of projects in last 6 years and I can say that quantity of the team doesn't mean anything. there are teams consists of 5 people and they do better than team of 50 people. So quality is more important than quantity.

Quality over quantity I would say that can be applied in many things in our life and same goes for dev/project teams. I think a project cannot be "quantified" by the number of persons it has working on it, well, obviously more people can perform more tasks but if they are a bad team they will accomplish the same either they have 30 or 3.
Cryptoclaus

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:15:54 PM

I remember hearing a radio host talking about ICOs and how there are some real jewels in all of these startup companies.    He described how Apple started so small and how amazing it would have been to be given the ability to be a part of it at that time.   That is what is amazing about ICOs, it gives everyone that ability.    

I think if you did a study of all the most successful companies you would find that 90% were started by very small teams. Thanks for sharing.

I appreciate your projects honesty and openness..   
Croin

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

Honestly who really thinks that this teams are even real?!
Have ever anyone seens a picuture of the whole team holding up in the air something and posing for a photo?
I don't think so, all the ICOs nowadays are SCAM this are some ppl who meet each other online that's it and it's called a "team" wtf...

johan36

Activity: 602
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:52:13 PM

A lot of teams do not guarantee to be good and successful.
It is depends on the team experience, efforts and synergy between team .
handy_hotdog

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:27:50 PM

Depends on the project in my eyes.

Also I always think it's quality not quantity when it comes to these sort of things. Of course if you don't have enough developers then that's a worry for people who are potentially investing which might impact the amount you raise.

But after you can always scale if needs be!
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:53:00 PM

need to be honest, an investor mostly pays attention to the just number of people in the team, they usually skip to read and research the reality of writings about them. some projects that i have seen have a big but empty team. i think big dev team is not enough for success.
if a project is really good and the team members are smart in related subjects, they can be successful.
Croin

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:12:07 PM

need to be honest, an investor mostly pays attention to the just number of people in the team, they usually skip to read and research the reality of writings about them. some projects that i have seen have a big but empty team. i think big dev team is not enough for success.
if a project is really good and the team members are smart in related subjects, they can be successful.

I would realllly give money for it to know for what the majority of investors looks for. Because as far as I understand it its mostly not the ppl from bitcointalk who invest into projects anymore but some buiness angles who simply have to much money.
MoneyTree.social (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 03:41:54 PM

I would realllly give money for it to know for what the majority of investors looks for. Because as far as I understand it its mostly not the ppl from bitcointalk who invest into projects anymore but some buiness angles who simply have to much money.

Sounds like a great question to ask the bitcointalk community.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:53:17 PM

This is one of the best question pose in this space, I don't think statistically their is difference between small and big team, I think what people focus on is not the size of the team but the quality of people in that team. I will like to do some findings on this, I believe both have the upside and down side.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
babsjoe

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:57:53 PM

Two is surely better than one! If you have more skilled members in diverse area of interest in your ICO, you are likely going to succeed compare to some dev who like to go solo!The energy and wealth of experience is certainly an asset. You should always seek to use it!
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:43:09 PM

I remember hearing a radio host talking about ICOs and how there are some real jewels in all of these startup companies.    He described how Apple started so small and how amazing it would have been to be given the ability to be a part of it at that time.   That is what is amazing about ICOs, it gives everyone that ability.    

I think if you did a study of all the most successful companies you would find that 90% were started by very small teams. Thanks for sharing.

I agree. Too bad people who are intellectually not able to distinguish a good project from a bad one, look at the size of the team so as to understand if it is serious or not.
Choosewise

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:42:21 PM

Talent involved is a lot more important.

Croin

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:00:43 AM

Sounds like a great question to ask the bitcointalk community.

Yeah would be very interesting maybe someone has a bit more insight into it!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: