Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why do you think satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret?  (Read 969 times)
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:31:44 AM

Maybe he just didn't want to be popular. Some people like living a quiet life. In Satoshi's case, it will be a quiet life of yachts and beautiful houses.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:37:06 AM

why do you think satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret?

I never know what he thinks. no one ever knows, only rumors that continue to grow until now. so no one will ever know, except he who created it.
cloud777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:37:24 AM

why do you think satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret?

Satoshi is probably not one person just an entire team or corporation. It will always be unknown.

I always thought it.
Maybe Wei Dai + Timoty C. May + Nick Szabo + Hal Finney + Gavin Andersen?

"On the Blockchain, no one knows you're a fridge"
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:49:15 PM

Satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret because he carries a lot of bitcoins and he doesn't want to be exposed as the owner of the biggest holding of bitcoins because if he will expose himself with his identities then it will be a lot of danger to his life and he might be killed or assassinate or something just to get the bitcoins from his wallet.
Fretcy

Activity: 395

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:21:38 PM

The developer of bitcoin and blockchain technology is a real genius who has created  this technology in the pseudo name "Satoshi Nakamoto". Every day new entrants are entering the bitcoin community because of the transparency, good security and ease of transactions with anonymity worldwide and the transactions are recorded in the public ledger called the blockchain which can be tracked by anyone from any part of the world without a central controlling system. The user's identity are not revealed to anyone so what is the need for the developers identity, may be because he was not sure on how the world is going to treat this bitcoin network, back in 1990's in America a person named Bernard created a private currency called the liberty dollar which was backed by Gold and silver and began circulating in 2007 later the secret agents and the federal Bureau of Investigation raided him for possessing and selling his own currency which might be reason for the bitcoin developer's secrecy of not revealing his identity.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Zufox

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:21:24 PM

One of the main supporting ideas of bitcoin is decentralization and anonymity. Developers, hiding their identity, only confirmed these ideas, which gave bitkoin so widely spread throughout the world. In addition, this could be done for security reasons - hackers simply do not know how to get to the main computer sources of bitcoin, because where they are unknown to anyone. And it's brilliant.
Intutan

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:36:17 PM

Satoshi nakamoto kept his identity as a secret because he carries a lot of bitcoins and he doesn't want to be exposed as the owner of the biggest holding of bitcoins because if he will expose himself with his identities then it will be a lot of danger to his life and he might be killed or assassinate or something just to get the bitcoins from his wallet.

I agree with that. If he tells us about it, then he has to pay a lot of taxes.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:13:38 AM

Satoshi has almost challenged the entire banking industry which no one could dare to do.Finacial sector has almost been shaken by bitcoin.Bankers and governments too are very much upset about bitcoin.No one has ever expected such a gigantic growth by bitcoin.We could understand that how much they would be in anger over a person who has created such a bitcoin.Satoshi's life itself is in serious threat.That's why,satoshi has taken a wise decision of hiding his identity so that his life would be spared.I think that he would never reveal his identity forever.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:42:00 AM

Satoshi has almost challenged the entire banking industry which no one could dare to do.Finacial sector has almost been shaken by bitcoin.Bankers and governments too are very much upset about bitcoin.No one has ever expected such a gigantic growth by bitcoin.We could understand that how much they would be in anger over a person who has created such a bitcoin.Satoshi's life itself is in serious threat.That's why,satoshi has taken a wise decision of hiding his identity so that his life would be spared.I think that he would never reveal his identity forever.

Exactly, the rest of his life he would live in a cage.

All governments on earth would indict him and extradite him, just like Julian Assange.

Years ago Phill Zimmerman invented PGP, and for years the GOV wanted to put him in prison, for giving the public an easy way to hide info from GOV.

Now satoshi has given us an easy way to make our own money and hide it from GOV, thus all gov on earth wants satoshi to pay.

Look at silk-road guy gets life in prison as an example, because GOV wants to set an example, also the silk-road guy never spent any BTC, because he knew they were all being tracked, just like satoshi ...

Why go public? If he goes public, then he goes to prison for life, and he can never spend the money.

Let's recall history, its when Gavin(?) I think told Satoshi he had an appointment to meet CIA, that was the last time, and of course Satoshi didn't want BTC used for Wikileaks as he knew that would make BTC an enemy of NSA&CIA.

So Satoshi must remain hidden for life, and can never spend his coin.

End of story.

The real question was satoshi doing this as a solo hobby, or was he a contractor?? Solo, means little, but contractors means some "AGENCY" owns BTC, IMHO  most likely he was "SOLO" because if an agency had paid, they would of by now taken control, the fact that nobody has taken control, is a result of the fact that the first 5 years were just natural growth in the crypto-anarchy community,

Control bullshit didn't start until BTC became noticed by the elite bankers that rule the world

Now of course china see's BTC as currency for the 'gods',

I suspect that across the world BTC will be a rich mans tool, as given USA avg guy don't have $500USD in bank, sure as shit will never have 1 BTC, in China ppl are richer on average, thus many rich will move their wealth around via BTC, again its a toy for the politically elite rich, aka CIA

BTC is just most famous, now there are 1,000's of alt-coins and 100's are very profitable and not on radar,

In some ways its good the assholes ( gov, bankers, lawyers ) just stay focused on BTC and leave the good stuff alone Smiley
uztre29

Activity: 275
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:47:49 AM

Assuming Satoshi Nakamoto is a man, he kept his identity for safety, I guess. What do you expect for the creator of Bitcoin? We all think he is a multi-billionaire. Well, it actually makes sense. If he broadcasts his identity, people will come after him. I do think he don’t want that to happen.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:53:00 AM

The Reason Why He/She Hid His/Her Identity is for own safety. Having Gigantic Amount of Bitcoin will Lead Him/her To Many Followers (Kidnappers,Terrorist,and Many More Bad Guys). He/She is A Professional Smart Person. If I would Be Satoshi I will do The Same Thing As He/She Did. If He/She Reveals His/Her Identity He/She Will Be A Walking/Living Gold. Big Bounty On His/Her Head.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:08:58 AM

It makes every sense  for him to have kept his identity incognito because, these financial agencies and institutions you mentioned would have toppled him by now. He cannot as one man fight against the system but he did it through technology and so the technology and its users are going to be the soldiers that are going to fight on his behalf.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:25:55 AM

The Reason Why He/She Hid His/Her Identity is for own safety. Having Gigantic Amount of Bitcoin will Lead Him/her To Many Followers (Kidnappers,Terrorist,and Many More Bad Guys). He/She is A Professional Smart Person. If I would Be Satoshi I will do The Same Thing As He/She Did. If He/She Reveals His/Her Identity He/She Will Be A Walking/Living Gold. Big Bounty On His/Her Head.

Satoshi was anonymous even before bitcoins had any value. If anything, it was the idea of Bitcoin and not the value of the bitcoins that was a reason for being anonymous.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: