Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Buy a Hardware Wallet  (Read 2745 times)
Harvey-Connan

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:14:34 AM

This is because of your safety, although it can cost you money, but it makes you safe and avoids losing big amounts of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:11:09 AM

Aside from hardware wallet, I also prefer using open source software since it offers the same security a hardware coyld offer. Like HODLER wallet, this gives me the assurance that I have the full control over my fund since the code can be publicly viewed and in case tgere is potential vulnerability, I could easily fix it. Most reported hacked Wallet are those closed source or exchange wallet. Basically when using closed source wallet, you dont have tge private key and just trust a third party making you have no Full control with your funds.
vickson226
Copper Member

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:24:51 AM

Yes, Hardware wallet is compulsory for those investors who are trading in Bitcoin and altcoin. Because it's very necessary to keep safe your investment at safe place because there are many hacker are searching those people who are not aware the hacking of coins. So,trezor is the Best wallet to keep secure hundred percent safe your coins.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:55:13 AM

Yes indeed, for those peeps who are whales or got plenty of money in crypto it is worth to buy a hardware wallet. I barely have much of anything right now so not considering to own one until I get a decent bag of something. Most of the tokens I have in my MEW are all useless and not on exchanges, so buying a hardware wallet for 100 bucks but only having like 60 bucks worth of tokens in my wallets is not worth it for myself. You do need to have at least a few k sitting around in wallets to make it worth spending a couple of hundred on a trezor or a nano.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:36:03 AM

Well, hardware wallet is a must for long term holder of coins or traders. This way your hard earned tokens/coins is safe as  long as your private keys/ hash is not exposed. Also  hardware wallet has added security compared to exchange wallets  and others wherein you are frequently using your private key. I prefer to use Ledger Nano, since I owned one and its convenient to use.

Open for Campaigns
Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:41:09 AM

Very useful post op. It is sad to see so many people investing so less time into securing their assets which is the primary reason why they end up losing their money to hackers and scammers in the first place and they blame everyone else instead of blaming themselves for it. I find such individuals seriously pathetic and they really need to improve their brain power at the earliest in my opinion. I advise everyone to invest into a hardware wallet that you can afford as soon as possible. The alternative choice here is to use a desktop wallet instead of leaving your funds on an exchange.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Togacity

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:05:16 AM

The hardware wallets are certainly prescribed. We as a whole need to take particularly great consideration of our possessions. An excessive number of tricks and malware around and more will come as Crypto turns out to be more standard. Stay safe budy Smiley
LSt56

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:32:21 AM

This is because of your safety, although it can cost you money, but it makes you safe and avoids losing big amounts of money.
Really, one reason why there are still so many people who don't have a hardware wallet is because of the price. They become lazy to pay more to buy hard-wearing wallets, even if it's for their own security.

hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

Yes, it is very important to have a hardware wallet, which is the best place to keep your coins safe. Much likely those who have a great number of bitcoins has use it, to keep them secure. And it's great suggestion and I hope everyone will make the use of it to keep their investments safe.
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:41:29 PM

I also agree with you for keeping our assets and money safe we need to buy hardware wallet as soon as possible because in the crypto world a number of hackers moving around us. There are so many brands for hardware wallet I have bought Ledger nano S which provides the better performance I think.
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:11:10 PM

Everyday I come on here and read a sad story about someone getting hacked and losing their Bitcoin / Ethereum.  I hate reading them but its like a car accident on the side of the road, you can't help but look.  Once you read the story it's clear that it could have been avoid had the user used a hardware wallet.  I dont have alot of Bitcoin or Ethereum but I recently purchased my own hardware wallet to keep them secure, I strongly suggest others in my situation (less than 1BTC total invested) to go out and buy a hardware wallet.  Right now.

Why do small fries need a hardware wallet?
We are the most vulnerable because we are less experienced.  Most of us haven't experienced losing coins yet, either directly or through a friend.  We probably download shit we shouldn't, left our private keys in some email we sent (I haven't done this but I could see myself doing something this stupid when I first started) and probably leave our desktop wallets open a bit too long.  The small fries are vulnerable so we need to protect our investments.

What is a hardware wallet
Its a devise that essentially stores your private key on it so you can't be keylogged and requires you input a password onto it, not your computer, before unlocking the wallet AND withdrawing any coins.  Its safe, its secure and only the person with possession of the hardware wallet can withdraw funds (at least I've been told no one has legitimately hacked a hardware wallet without possession of it).  It's easy to use. When you use a Ledger Nano S and activate it, the devise presents you with a private passphrase that does not show up on your computer.  You write down the pass phrases, by hand (do not type it out, take a photograph, or anyhing of the like), and if you lose or break your hardware wallet you can buy another and gain access to it with the private passphrases.  If you are really concerned about the passphrase being lost, buy a fireproof, waterproof safe and ziplock your private passphrase (waterproof safes are known to trap condensation which gets things wet - wet paper with pen = lost writing) so its airtight and lock it up.  Its really secure so long as you keep the pass phrase safe.  

Hardware wallets
Ledger Nano S - https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46/
KeepKey - https://www.amazon.com/KeepKey-Simple-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B0143M2A5S/
Trezor - https://www.amazon.com/Satoshi-Labs-bitcoin-wallet-white/dp/B00P5HU80A/

I have all my valuable crypto, that's currently supported, on my Ledger.  My Bitcoin, Ethereum and you can bet your ass once Deep Onion is supported it will be safely secured on there too.  The Ledger is easy to use and the instructions are crystal clear.  At less than $80, there is no reason not to protect your investment.  Even if you only have $250 in BTC/ETH, you will buy more so you might as well buy one of these now.  

I don't want to read another story about someone getting robbed of their Bitcoin and I want our community to flourish.  Secure your coins!

If you really want to make sure that your coins are secured , hardware wallet is the best thing to place it. Most of us are hesitating where to secure our coins especially now that bitcoin have a lot of hackers and scammers. We need to think wise and do everything just to secure our coins.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:13:30 PM

Hardware wallets are definitely recommended. We all need to take especially good care of our holdings. Too many scams and malware around, and more will come as Crypto becomes more mainstream. Be careful!
Many people always recommend to use hardware especially to the people who have a lot of bitcoin. Hardware wallet will help you to secure your bitcoin in malware which already widespread in internet. Always careful to all links that you click because sometimes it contains some malware can cause to detect your wallet in your pc so that its better to have hardware wallet.
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:44:53 PM

You advice is sincerely appreciated. Hardware wallet is the option if you don't want to play into the hands of hackers who are always looking for vulnerable people. It is at a cost but doing so can save you a lot of agony in future. Get one today.
oudekaas

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:31:03 PM

As for me, I hold some of my funds for long-term at hardware wallet. But another tokens are on the trading deposit on exchange. I like to make some orders in the evening Cheesy

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

Blocktopian88

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:36:19 PM

What if my hardware wallet got lost or stolen?
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:25:57 PM

Which of these wallets is the best and has the most advantages?

Personally, I use the Trezor wallet. I was advised by several experienced investors and I read a lot of good reviews about it. And I really like to use it, it is very convenient and most importantly - safe.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:34:14 PM

Choosing a wallet for storage is really very important, especially if you are going to invest in the long term. I have already bought a purse and very happy, because I don't worry about the safety of their investments.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

what could possibly happen? in General nothing bad will happen, the main thing is not to confuse where you saved the wallet file
Pyr3x

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:03:26 PM

This is a useful recommendation. For some reason, many people think about the safety of their coins in the last place and this is the most important for investment. And never store all your coins on exchanges. It's unsafe. I advise you to spend money on hardware wallet.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:08:43 PM

At the very beginning of my investment, I did not think about the qualitative storage of my coins, so I kept them on the stock exchange. And then one day this exchange blocked my account and I lost access to my money. So buy yourself a hardware wallet and control your coins yourself. It's really important.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: