Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:53:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining still profitable?  (Read 1934 times)
crypto2death

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:53:48 PM

I think ASICs are profitable and will always be, at worst case scenarios you can rent them and they don't require much maintenance like GPU rigs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:25:55 PM

I think ASICs are profitable and will always be, at worst case scenarios you can rent them and they don't require much maintenance like GPU rigs

While ASICs are definitely more efficient and have higher profitability, there have little value outside of mining.

If mining becomes unprofitable, then it cannot be used for anything except the resale market...
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:33:16 PM

I am sure that production is profitable always. No one will get coins if it is not profitable. Another question the profitability of mining. It may decline or rise depending on market conditions. Attachments new equipment always generate revenue but if you buy equipment with the second hand you run the risk that it will never generate revenue.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
-Sinner-

Activity: 224
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:28:50 PM

To me, mining is fun and a learning experience. If it becomes unprofitable, then just use my rig for gaming and entertainment.  Cheesy

But is expensive..no?

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
makomako

Activity: 210

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:46:17 PM

it is profitable if you got your hands on the first batch, but for those late nov batch you need to hustle your way to make your roi faster

frostedace

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:55:30 PM

I can't speak to the maintenance required for ASICs (never had one) but gpu rigs are fairly easy if setup properly, at least in my experience.

I kinda prefer the flexibility with gpu rigs, both in terms of build customization and the amount of algos you can mine. It's also pretty easy to liquidate old gpus on the gaming market when they become inefficient.

In a worst case scenario, it seems like ASICs would be harder to sell.
klintistwood

Activity: 157

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:08:23 PM

I'm not familiar with ASIC but how do you calculate the profitability? I thought that ASIC was cheaper to buy but was less profitable than GPU mining.

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
raiderosik

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:17:36 PM

I'm using GPU mining at the moment,  its not giving you 50% per month but if you  set the miner for proper coins you can grab a bit of money   for each month or wait till the coin goes up(i pick this option Wink )  each month few % of investment is a good

among

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:24:40 PM

i recommand that to check some ICOs they trying to build thier farms and start mining and if you're an investor and the project successed you will make huge profit, check ,startmining.io and also terramining
PeterVerfen

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:37:05 PM

still profitable on equihash.
sevenmiles

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:16:53 PM

"These may be stupid questions but appreciate any help." - apparently sort of Grin Grin Grin
If mining is not profitable, this part of forum would be closed already and dusted...

of cause mining is profitable, and it is much more profitable than twelve months ago, and maybe 24 months ago also...
it is just not as profitable as the time in May/June for ethereum...

so...what do you want? mining is profitable, and will be for a long time, until you can not pay out your electricity bills

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:14:03 PM

Currently mining is not profitable,  It's only for fun and tweaking around and for those that can't handle the high volatility of alt coins.
razzbee

Activity: 182

Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 10:16:13 PM

Well it depends on what you mine and the number machines you have dedicated to the minning proccessing ..GPU and ASIC minners will make more.Also it depends on how much you are paying for electricity.. so it all depends.
lunobird

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:18:38 PM

I'm not familiar with ASIC but how do you calculate the profitability? I thought that ASIC was cheaper to buy but was less profitable than GPU mining.

hahah your delusional. wrong and wrong.

asics are more expensive, and higher profits,  Less people have them. Anybody could go order a video card on amazon, mine or play games or whatever, , Very few will order and wait for the miners to ship from china because it's too specialized at one thing and that's just making money with money. Serious farms use asics to mine real coins,  GPU is for mining sh*t coins except for ethereum but that's going to come to an end with proof of stake
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:57:27 PM

Is mininG still profitable these days and which coins are mainly mined except for bitcoin and bitcoin cash etc.

How much can one mine a day based on rig and cost?

These may be stupid questions but appreciate any help.

Mining still profitable up to this day but depends on your resources. If you are looking to mine on your old and outdated computer (rig) then goodluck as it won't work out for you. There are money things that you should consider if you are looking to mining such as:

1. Equipment - CPU mining isn't profitable especially if you are going for the known ones, you have to invest for Antminers (those USB thingy ones) if you are looking to mine BTC or LTC, if you choose Altcoins such as ETH or XMR then invest on a rig such as GPU's. You can wander around this forum as other members that into mining share their current rig and the coin they are mining.

2. Money - This is basic, the more money you have to invest, the better equipment you have. Consider yourself first if you are determined to go into mining as equipments is not really cheap nowadays. You are lucky if you find 2nd hand ones that sold cheaply.

3. Coin to mine - You should know what coin to mine, its current trend in the market and base on what you study, does the coin you choose will make it up for the investments that you let go. Are you determined for a longer ROI or just short?

These are just the basic things you should consider, if you dig deeper you will know a lot, especially in this forum.
erkow

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:09:11 AM

Depending on your costs for electricity and hardware, you could still make a profit.
The question is does buying coins make a lot more profit.
Because so many people are finding out about crypto coins at the moment, coin prices are going up, and it seems like buying coins is better for now.
I bought some hardware a couple months ago.  I think I should have started with just buying coins, and waited to buy some mining hardware once coin prices aren't increasing so quickly.
klintistwood

Activity: 157

Out of the box is where I live

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 04:19:26 PM

asics are more expensive, and higher profits,  Less people have them. Anybody could go order a video card on amazon, mine or play games or whatever, , Very few will order and wait for the miners to ship from china because it's too specialized at one thing and that's just making money with money. Serious farms use asics to mine real coins,  GPU is for mining sh*t coins except for ethereum but that's going to come to an end with proof of stake

I don't see why I would be delusional, it's just a questions. You've got asic machines below 2000$ but from what i read you make a couple of bucks a day on BTC. With my GPU rig, I make around 12-13$ / day (ETH and sometimes ZEC).

13 GPU Nvidia Rig running under Ubuntu 16 (eth hash rate: 300+Mh/s @ 1000W for whole rig): 3x EVGA GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 65W) + 6x MSI Armor GTX 1060 3Gb (24MH/s @ 70W) + 1x MSI GTX 1060 (24Mh/s @ 65W) + 3x Zotac GTX 1060 (24MH/s @ 65 W). PSU 2400W, Asrock ASRock H110 Pro BTC+, cheap Chinese risers, Kingston SSD 120Gb, 8Gb memory. Selling some of my GPUs (around 200€, still under warranty), if you're interested, contact me in private.
BadGuner

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:29:22 PM

October 25 and Bitcoin Gold is coming soon. I expect the growth of profitability especially on green video cards.
lunobird

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:08:21 PM

I don't see why I would be delusional, it's just a questions. You've got asic machines below 2000$ but from what i read you make a couple of bucks a day on BTC. With my GPU rig, I make around 12-13$ / day (ETH and sometimes ZEC).

I got S9, L3+ and I also got a 1080gtx ti rig,
Asics bring in more 8-10 dollars for an S9 and $15-18 for an L3+,  I got each of those for around $1600,  ,  Two 1080 Ti is about $750-800 each and those currently bring in $2-2.50 per day per video card each.  

GPU bring in roughly  Half of the amount of what asics can bring in dollar for dollar,  GPU's got the resale edge.

Your highly underestimating the asics.  2 dollars a day on asic is straight up trippin.  That's what a top of the line GPU  1080 gtx ti do these days. $2 dollars per day per video card is garbage returns. Video card will be obsolete by the time you got your return and you would have broken even,  Better off buying coins if you want better return of investment.
Sjeikz

Activity: 71

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:27:48 PM

Some replies in this topic really are making me wonder if those people actually mine..  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: