Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold my Bitcoin today  (Read 4888 times)
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:56:57 PM

I sold my bitcoin today. I think the price jumped too much too fast. My opinion is that it will drop below 5,000 soon and in that case I will buy back again because i expect bitcoin to increase significantly in the long term.
What do you think??
Well it will definitely drop down after 25th October and that will be the best time for you to buy Bitcoins again. Then maybe by the end of this month it might cross 6-7k USD .
Also it totally depends on the amount of Bitcoins you buy and sell. Doing that in abandance is a pretty good option now because it's obvious that the prices will fall and rise again some day.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:04:03 PM

I sold my bitcoin today. I think the price jumped too much too fast. My opinion is that it will drop below 5,000 soon and in that case I will buy back again because i expect bitcoin to increase significantly in the long term.
What do you think??

Wise choice but if bitcoin refuse to go down your profit will be reversed since you cannot buy back after because you'll end up having less bitcoin than before you sell. But still because of the upcoming forks this really is a good move, even I will sell but only if bitcoin go over $6k or near it.

HODL is the only way to gain in Bitcoin.If you come to know the price will further increase means.At that time don't sell it with low profit.My suggestion is ,the price of Bitcoin will keep on increasing till the October 31st.So don't sell when the price reach 6000.Wait till the month end for more profit.
tobs

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:17:28 PM

What do you think??
Whoa, it's a rather brave move. I mean it's all very likely, but after the August 1st situation with everyone expecting some crash, the price actually raised significantly, in this case it can be very similiar. People are pumping bitcoin now, because everyone wants to have part of that free fork coins, so you are right in a way, as they will have to dump these excess bitcoins after some time so it may lower the price, but there is a risk that the dumping attempt will only pump the price even more. I wouldn't risk that much, but on the other hand if you succeed there is some quick profit to be made.
Sikka157 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:41:10 PM

What do you think??
Whoa, it's a rather brave move. I mean it's all very likely, but after the August 1st situation with everyone expecting some crash, the price actually raised significantly, in this case it can be very similiar. People are pumping bitcoin now, because everyone wants to have part of that free fork coins, so you are right in a way, as they will have to dump these excess bitcoins after some time so it may lower the price, but there is a risk that the dumping attempt will only pump the price even more. I wouldn't risk that much, but on the other hand if you succeed there is some quick profit to be made.
In August 1, people didnot think bitcoin cash would be any valuable. So the price of bitcoin didnot change before the fork. But the price of bitcoin cash increased significantly after the fork. Now people are expecting the same price increase and buying Bitcoin. But this time the price of the Bitcoin gold has already been priced in on the price of bitcoin, hence after the fork, i expect bitcoin to fall. Just my opinion, no one can predict the future.
I still believe bitcoin will continue to grow in the long term. I think bitcoin market cap will grow to be 1 trillion dollar in a decade and trade like forex currency trading.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:55:24 PM

What do you think??
Well it will definitely drop down after 25th October and that will be the best time for you to buy Bitcoins again. Then maybe by the end of this month it might cross 6-7k USD .
Also it totally depends on the amount of Bitcoins you buy and sell. Doing that in abandance is a pretty good option now because it's obvious that the prices will fall and rise again some day.
Why do you think so? What makes you think that people who receive Bitcoin Gold won't dump it and buy more Bitcoin? That's what happened during the previous fork, Bitcoin went up not long after it and that's why people are buying now. They want to get BG and hold to the moment when it starts pumping again after the fork.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:56:26 PM

What do you think??

Wise choice but if bitcoin refuse to go down your profit will be reversed since you cannot buy back after because you'll end up having less bitcoin than before you sell. But still because of the upcoming forks this really is a good move, even I will sell but only if bitcoin go over $6k or near it.

HODL is the only way to gain in Bitcoin.If you come to know the price will further increase means.At that time don't sell it with low profit.My suggestion is ,the price of Bitcoin will keep on increasing till the October 31st.So don't sell when the price reach 6000.Wait till the month end for more profit.

That is the right move to make as price is fluctuating now and there is downfall in price as of today but we can expect that price will rise once again in coming weeks and will cross the barrier of $6k and that would be the best price to sell bitcoins and if you are looking for even higher profits then better to hold till the end of the year as it can even reach to $8k at that point of time.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:31:37 PM

What do you think??

I agree with your thoughts. There is an upcoming fork and based from the fork last August 1st, Bitcoin's price then significantly decreases. Not a just a decrease but a tremendous decrease. So since there is a fork that will get underway within days, a dump in price is very much probable. Below 5000 is very reasonable and might go lower than that. I am not saying that your thoughts and mine is correct, but hey, it's not bad to expect the worse in this type of situation. And after the fork, there will be a great opportunity for growth.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:24:46 PM

Well it is good idea and it worth to try. I just hope that you will not wait specifically for its price to go under 5000, maybe the value will stay over 5000 for some time. Or will never goes down anymore. And it would be wise of you if you sold just a part of your stash.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:00:49 PM

Your decision is safe . Because they have possible the price of bitcoin decrease because many investor will panic selling and if that happen for sure it will crash. So the fork is near we can make a decision now if they hold our bitcoin or sell it. But even they have many people sell their bitcoin they have also buy bitcoin because they believe after fork the price will increase more than the current highest price.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:25:43 PM

If you made a profit on the coins you sold, there's nothing wrong with that.  On
the other hand, if you expect bitcoin to keep rising...why sell now?  You might
not get a chance to buy in lower.  And meanwhile, we're at $5700 as I write this.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to take that profit and sit on it for a while.  You
might be buying back in at the top of the bubble.  But there's no shame in taking
your money off the table.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:13:16 AM

Price of BTC now rising because people are interested for the free money. Altcoins dropping because of this event..
BTC is main attraction now. Wink
We will see downtrends again but i doubt we will go down below 3k, bottom could be around 4k. Just do not believe to fud. Avoid involving yourself too deeply in those developers discussion because  whatever they decide BTC is here to stay, and its value will rise over time. Altcoins will stay even this BCH will stay maybe even get more value.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:35:56 AM

What do you think??
I wont say it is a good move but it is not a bad move either. Considering you really sold all your bitcoins, then you wont get some free money after the fork on November 2017. You should have had sold it just a few hours after fork, you might get returns on selling your bitcoin stash by that time plus you might get free money. Still, it is not a bad move to hedge after all, there is a chance that bitcoin will fall really low after bitcoin fork.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:42:18 AM

Your decision is safe
It's not. If you sell your coins to cash out profits, that's all cool, but you risk missing out on even more profits since there is no explicit indication of the price to go up or down in the very short term. It would be a safe decision if OP just cashed out like 25% of his profits. It means that you have enough fiat in your pocket to use in case the price goes down, and enough coins in your wallet for when the price goes up further - that's a safe decision. By selling all at once, you depend on just one market movement, which is quite a risky action.
DragonSlayer

Activity: 181

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:43:34 AM

What do you think??
I wont say it is a good move but it is not a bad move either. Considering you really sold all your bitcoins, then you wont get some free money after the fork on November 2017. You should have had sold it just a few hours after fork, you might get returns on selling your bitcoin stash by that time plus you might get free money. Still, it is not a bad move to hedge after all, there is a chance that bitcoin will fall really low after bitcoin fork.

It's because these things are depends on our needs, and we can't really blame those people who always dump there coins when they earn since maybe they are in need and cannot able to wait for more longer months to stake since he is jobless. But those kind of guys will be feel sorry but they will just smile since they are still happy enough to earn eventhough the rise is occuring.

CurrencyMaster

Activity: 93
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:48:20 AM

What do you think??
a very good move..since you are aware of price fluctuations.. buy when it dips again and keep more coins for future.. there is a very high chance bitcoin touch 10000$ soon ad there will definitely be many panic sellers that time also..!so u can again sell at that time to buy back low

█ █   TIPPER   |   THE SOCIAL ECONOMY   █ █
█████████     ICO LIVE NOW     █████████
━━━━━   WWW.TIPPERECONOMY.IO   ━━━━━
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:53:29 AM

What do you think??
a very good move..since you are aware of price fluctuations.. buy when it dips again and keep more coins for future.. there is a very high chance bitcoin touch 10000$ soon ad there will definitely be many panic sellers that time also..!so u can again sell at that time to buy back low

I personally think it is not a slick move, because the price had been up again to $5700 mark value, he should wait for the right time when the price reach about $5900 or $5800 again or just wait for the Oct 24 or 23 date for further value fluctuations because last minutes of fluctuations are very important indeed before deciding in selling your bitcoin, but it is your choice because that is just my own opinion.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:09:20 PM

What do you think??

I think this is a wise decision, I would suggest you invest in some alt-coins with the money you now have. For me BTC did rise too sharply and a fall is likely after the fork on the 25th

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:15:28 PM

Great choice , now just wait for the market cool down and then go buy back!
is that possible to get bitcoin gold if you buy again in a higher price? I dont think so . I think the reason why op sell today because of doubt about bitcoin value now adays because of some predictions that bitcoin will fall again if it will surpass in $5000. Is that true? Will in my opinion its better to wait instead of eagerly sell to get more bitcoin gold indeed it will continue to climb until November. .
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 813

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:44:05 PM

That is a risky move!

Might work out for you, might not!

Breaking the $5000 price means a lot of bullish pressure as that was a key psychological barrier. I'm not saying it would briefly drop back down under $5000 at some point this Fall, but I certainly wouldn't bet all my bitcoin on it!

Rather than selling, I will simply be buying a lot more bitcoin in the next few weeks. Hopefully bitcoin gold will be worth something and I will sell it for more bitcoin. And when segwit2x happens once it is clear which chain is the minority chain I will sell those coins for even more bitcoin.

There will be lots of volatility this Fall, it could drop below $5000 for a short time and then you've made a great call, but it also might not and instead shoot up to $7000 and you'll end up losing a significant amount of bitcoin you had.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:01:11 PM

It's hard to be 100% certain and mostly it depends on your expectations for bitcoin gold, personally I do not think that bitcoin gold will be overly successful so I'm much more willing to accept that selling right now is a good time to sell.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: