Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what will stop this token rush?  (Read 552 times)
CrazyCreeptonaut (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:57:31 PM

there are so many tokens around, that are useless
i think that the only way to stop it is moving on to platforms that regulate the coins that being made
komodo platform will talk with every company that will make a coin on the platform
and ADA protocol, will regulate the tokens that will run on their protocol
i really dont see a future to the ethereum ... its getting out of control with all this eSHIT coins and many other scams that have been born on the ethereum..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:19:14 AM

"..getting out of control..", i love it Wink  however i think ETH is good platform because ppl can learn to make their own token/coin and learn how it work. We are in decentralized world and we can't let only big company allowed for creating ICO. But yeah i also tired crypto world being flooded with all of that scam ICO token. so don't know what to say because it is like plague but also has good side. waiting other opinion
TE-FOOD

Activity: 247

TE-FOOD provides trust for food supply chains

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:28:47 AM

Ethereum is a platform. The market (investors) have to regulate the rush. If they only buy the ones which are trusted and worthwile, the rest will disappear.

npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:41:00 AM

"..getting out of control..", i love it Wink  however i think ETH is good platform because ppl can learn to make their own token/coin and learn how it work. We are in decentralized world and we can't let only big company allowed for creating ICO. But yeah i also tired crypto world being flooded with all of that scam ICO token. so don't know what to say because it is like plague but also has good side. waiting other opinion

Well, you have a point that it will throw away the system as a decentralized but don't you think that it's too much already? A mere kid can make his/her token and can roll an ICO just by the help of a designer/programmer. (he/she can also hire people for help) without any products and services to consider? Then those crypto newbs will be baited on the ICO without knowing that the project is delusional. That's another BS token for the community, addition to the long list of this kind of tokens.

I guess nobody wants that? BUT it's already happening. Look at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2247751 for reference.
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:44:55 AM

this token rush seems to take on different forms too - first it's ICOs, now I think airdrops and forks are very hot -- I'm not sure what to make of all the airdrops and forks, but I try to keep up with them and get them when they come - since they are free
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:50:50 AM

there are so many tokens around, that are useless
i think that the only way to stop it is moving on to platforms that regulate the coins that being made
komodo platform will talk with every company that will make a coin on the platform
and ADA protocol, will regulate the tokens that will run on their protocol
i really dont see a future to the ethereum ... its getting out of control with all this eSHIT coins and many other scams that have been born on the ethereum..

It will not stop easily because people are rushing to it. These Eshits for example may be a total shit but because people are flocking to get a share of these shits it has gained a little ground in the crypto market. But it will still die out eventually because these Eshits are almost nothing in terms of project vision. They do not have anything except airdrop.
andyblocks

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:54:05 AM

This thing is taking huge proportions. There are token launches every single day... and there are always buyers. I fear that you will have to learn the hard way.
molecularman

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:15:58 AM

I don't really see the problem.    It's a free market.   Coins/Tokens that offer something of value will eventually rise to the top.   I've participated in a number of the airdrops.  Half of which I haven't received anything.    But beyond that,  why not?     It's gambling with the house's money.

Your signature here
hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:17:17 AM

A lot of people losing a whole bunch of money and then deciding that they think ICO's suck would probably do the trick.
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:24:28 AM

A lot of people losing a whole bunch of money and then deciding that they think ICO's suck would probably do the trick.
You think so ? This has been happening for years and people still come and lose money.
The moment is stops is when people can't make  money anymore. As long as it pays people  keep doing it.

mayan251

Activity: 267

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 01:25:09 AM

ICO is also the biggest scam. How can nobody manage it?. Many drop coins now issued, which at least won't let you lose anything. Be satisfied with your brother

bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:45:30 AM

I think that this "token rush" as you call it it's not something to worry about because, yes, there are some scam coins that are not worth shit, but there many other good projects that crowdfund themselves on ICOs and they turned out to be quite profitable for investors in the short -and some in the long- term
bongmaphieubac

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:04:52 AM

I think that this "token rush" as you call it it's not something to worry about because, yes, there are some scam coins that are not worth shit, but there many other good projects that crowdfund themselves on ICOs and they turned out to be quite profitable for investors in the short -and some in the long- term
ICOs want success ,i think ICOs use token to have money . investors want money ,too .

but  investors need read and research any ICOs ,maybe it is scam . and no stop token rush .
IsaacBitcoiner

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:57:34 AM

It's a free market, so only people themselves can stop this.... they might do this when they realize that there is no substance in most of these projects.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:09:11 AM

And we were all wondering while China decided to put a leash on ICOs a few weeks ago. While people might be rushing for free tokens others (investors) are getting burnt by some of shit coin projects.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:14:56 AM

The one who are using cryptocurrency always seek for anonymity and personal privacy so if there will be KYC and other regulation added when investing in ICO, those projects might not get any significant amount of investment as people will afraid to get into any legal issues according to their countries anti money laundering policy.

ETH is best because investing in ICO is anonymous and yes it have helped many scam projects, but investors have to make deep research about the project before investing in them.

redboi

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:16:36 AM

There free so collect and be thankful.
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:25:08 AM

Nothing! So far there is still incentives for people to make money, even if regulations come in and ICO etc are ban in certain jurisdiction, people would move to another jurisdiction to continue their business of ICO as usual!

muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:39:13 PM

Well, you have a point that it will throw away the system as a decentralized but don't you think that it's too much already? A mere kid can make his/her token and can roll an ICO just by the help of a designer/programmer. (he/she can also hire people for help) without any products and services to consider? Then those crypto newbs will be baited on the ICO without knowing that the project is delusional. That's another BS token for the community, addition to the long list of this kind of tokens.

I guess nobody wants that? BUT it's already happening. Look at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2247751 for reference.
that's why i say waiting other opinion. i know of course i know it's been too much, but that is the result from this system. fact
Only way is to educate ppl how to find good ICO, or if it still hard, any developers must reveal their real identity in their ICO
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:44:20 PM

Nothing! So far there is still incentives for people to make money, even if regulations come in and ICO etc are ban in certain jurisdiction, people would move to another jurisdiction to continue their business of ICO as usual!

Even with regulations new icos will be created all the time, they will just need to follow certain rules and have some more obligations. But until that global regulations about icos come, nothing can stop this rush, not China, Russia, Canada, developers will always search for country where laws are different and they will continue to do what they do from there.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███