Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:12:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What music do you listen to while programming?  (Read 4244 times)
joepie91 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 08:44:53 AM

As the topic title says - what music do you listen to while programming/developing things?
Seems like there are a lot of programmers/webdevelopers/etc. on here Smiley

I usually listen to music from Jamendo, specifically instrumental music. Especially Roger Subirana Mata, zero-project, and Filthy Kicks are some favorites I often have playing when working on things.
I also have the Trine (from the Humble Bundle) soundtrack playing now and then, but most of my music comes from Jamendo.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sannyasi

Activity: 454

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 08:47:47 AM

game designer and nothin gets me goin like good trance..... praise the lord for internet radio and the lack of repeats!

here's my portfolio if anyone cares: www.windowsofamind.com

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
XonX

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 08:50:51 AM

I find it nice to code listening to soundtracks from strategy games, such as StarCraft or C&C series. Also, I've had a coding night with this looped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ecvLRxb3MU
It was... Fun.
But usually I just put all the music I have on my PC in my player and set it to random.
mtgox4mac

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 09:12:30 AM

game designer and nothin gets me goin like good trance..... praise the lord for internet radio and the lack of repeats!

haha full ack Wink
joepie91 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:18:11 AM

If you haven't heard of them before, http://www.afterhoursjds.org/ and http://www.trancebase.fm/ may be worth a listen Smiley

I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
unbuttered_toast

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:43:15 PM

Most music will distract me if I listen to it while trying to program, so I usually go for things without vocals. Just lately, I've been listening to NIN's Ghosts I-IV and Maserati's Inventions for the New Season a lot. They seem to be a good mix of energy and ambience.
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 07:36:45 PM

Most music will distract me if I listen to it while trying to program, so I usually go for things without vocals. Just lately, I've been listening to NIN's Ghosts I-IV and Maserati's Inventions for the New Season a lot. They seem to be a good mix of energy and ambience.

Strangely, listening to music has an opposite effect for me. I usually focus too much on programming when listening to music, so much that many hours will pass and I will not realise it. It was a good thing when I had an 8-5 job.
MatthewLM
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:17:45 PM

I don't listen to music specifically to program but I usually happen to listen to my spotify playlist if I do -> http://open.spotify.com/user/god0fgod/playlist/43aLhX8Rfrc4sGLlePag6U
AltPluzF4

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:50:23 AM

Can't program without some Hilary Duff! Mostly I listen to rock or metal while programming though. Erm, not "screamy" metal, more like At Vance, HammerFall, Kamelot, or even Within Temptation.
Oh, and Mandy Moore - Only Hope, one of my favorites. Soft piano helps :-)
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:44:33 AM

Can't program without some Hilary Duff! Mostly I listen to rock or metal while programming though. Erm, not "screamy" metal, more like At Vance, HammerFall, Kamelot, or even Within Temptation.

Reminds me that Edguy and Lordi are great programming band when you want to push out a lot of code (quality may vary Tongue)
AltPluzF4

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:45:57 AM

Reminds me that Edguy and Lordi are great programming band when you want to push out a lot of code (quality may vary Tongue)

Ah yeah, Edguy has some nice songs. Never heard of Lordi though, guess I'll look into that.
joepie91 (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:01:07 PM

Maserati very much reminds me of the music in the Death Note series.

Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:34:22 AM

I don't do any programming, but when I'm doing anything creative on the computer, I usually have Pandora on the Busdriver station.
unbuttered_toast

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:50:27 AM

Strangely, listening to music has an opposite effect for me. I usually focus too much on programming when listening to music, so much that many hours will pass and I will not realise it. It was a good thing when I had an 8-5 job.

That's how it works for me, but only with the right kind of music.

Maserati very much reminds me of the music in the Death Note series.

I remember one of the Death Note OPs would always make me laugh. I only watched part of the series. Bet you can guess where I stopped Wink
fabianhjr

Activity: 322

Do The Evolution

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:11:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1EOGzzLy8U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy5zMc9xrfg

Real good without the lyrics. Smiley

PIO

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 10:02:18 AM

www.soma.fm - Groove salad
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:22:07 PM

Shostakovich, Meshuggah, Deathspell Omega, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Terry Scott Taylor, John Coltrane, Pentagram, Black Sabbath, Elf

Signature space available for rent.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 02:23:33 PM

di.fm -> DnB
di.fm -> Dance
di.fm -> Electro

Makes you type faster.

unbuttered_toast

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 02:31:32 PM

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Yes!
They have a Jamendo page: http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/Diablo_Swing_Orchestra_%282%29

di.fm -> DnB
di.fm -> Dance
di.fm -> Electro

Makes you type faster.

I have gotten complaints before, for typing too loudly when a good song comes on.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 02:19:11 AM

Psychedelic Trance, in all it's sub-styles, but mostly stuff like Azax Syndrom, Bliss, Penta, Rinkadink, Shift, etc.

But i guess you probably figured that out, based on my forum username  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: