Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH/DAG Algo makes my computer restart - NVIDIA GTX 1060 jetstream palit 6gb  (Read 187 times)
jessicaph (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:12:17 AM

Hi,

Why does my computer restart everytime my miner use dag/eth algo?
Everytime i use nicehash 2.0 and the dagger/hashimito algo is selected my computer always restart?
But when i set to only use equihash and lyra2rev in nicehash there is no problem even in claymore
whenever i tried to mine eth or eth+sia my computer keeps restarting and also i noticed
in claymore that the hashrate reading of my gpu is very low like 0.1mhz 2mhz
My hashrate in equihash is 1.9khz using nicehash
I already tried both in nicehash and claymore with or without overclock it still keeps restarting

Here is my hardware details:
6pcs Palit 6gb GTX 1060 Jetstream
Corsair Hx1000i 80+ Platinum Full Modular PSU
4gb Ram
Asrock BTC Pro Motherboard
intel g4400 processor

I always keep my temp 65 degree Celsius and below

i dont have any problem mining zec with ewbf using claymore even if i overclock my gpu
everything is stable its just whenever i try to mine eth using dag/ethash algo my computer
always restart.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

ps: sorry for my poor english.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:17:42 PM

Is your 1060 shows only 2mh/s?
If you are using win10, update it to the latest version. There are some hashrate issue with older versions.
Restarting problem has many causes such as too much overclock or PSU problem.
Also how about trying only claymore's miner without nicehash?
Upload log file texts, experts will help you.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
Sn1p3r

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:06:12 PM

So... I was building 2 mining rigs, each of them 6x 1060 6GB cards.

Everything was done - same day, same USB drive for windows installation, same same.

First rig, all great, no problems.
Second rig, restarting and crashing when trying any other algorithm instead of equihash...

After a bit of investigation the second rig had Windows build from 2015 (you can check it in my computer to see which year your build is) or just go to About your system and you will see...

After I forced Windows update for second rig, it came to 2017 version something 17xx after that, all problems were magically fixed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: