Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Melima - Open-source ordering system  (Read 848 times)
cryptofutureis (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:12:18 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 12:53:33 PM by cryptofutureis

Melima Project
Open-source ordering system

Contribute
❤ Melima Project?
You can help as programmer, translator, or improve documentation
Feel like socializer?
Spread the word about Melima Project. Join us on:

GitHub Twitter Reddit Steemit Melima Group Chat

Have an issue?
Select project you have problem with and open an issue

Short Overview

Currently, Melima consist from 3 parts: me-core (Melima Core, backend based on LoopBack framework), me-web or MAI (Melima Administration Interface), and me-droid (Melima Android Client).

For example right now if you want to trade, sell or process orders your choice is quite limited. You use already created marketplace like eBay or Amazon, where you can be easily banned and you pay your fees, or you use own e-commerce engine/platform for example like PrestaShop or Magento, but you still connected to payment gateway (like 2Checkout, Skrill, Stripe, Braintree and etc), where you still pay your fees. Some use combined solutions, like e-commerce platform hosted by someone else (for example Shopify), or list own items/products in 3-rd party system, which already connected to the payment gateway, but you pay for listing items or on a monthly basis. Another option is to have own processing gateway, but you still need to pay fees. Ether way you usually need to be verified by processing gateway or whatever payment/listing items solution you use, and your money could be easily frozen, and you need to spend your time on useless certifications, and pay your fees. More above if you host e-commerce engine yourself, you always limited with engine itself and instead of creating fast website, for example using static generator, you need to use and maintain heavy e-commerce platform.

What we want to achieve is to create fast and easy to modify for your personal needs api alike ordering system. Open-source ordering system with examples like restaurant/cafe, cryptocyrrency exchange website, or just webpage where you can paste code and sell your item/product or receive tip. Our main priority is payments with cryptocurrency, where Melima only creates order interface, but you order is processed like any normal transaction on blockchain.

Our main priorities are android client, ability to easy embed product/item in any webpage and Melima Cloud, which will give you slightly less customization, but should be pay and run solution for most users.

ForgingBlock focuses on providing integrated solutions and builds infrastructures for developing a community to facilitate the merchants adopting cryptocurrency payment. You can find their more information at the official website at ForgingBlock
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:05:29 PM

Check ME Token smart contract. Suggestions and audits are welcome!
https://github.com/Melima-Project/me-smart-contract

ForgingBlock focuses on providing integrated solutions and builds infrastructures for developing a community to facilitate the merchants adopting cryptocurrency payment. You can find their more information at the official website at ForgingBlock
lastmancrypto

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:44:25 PM

So basically Melima allows one to set up online sales through use of an API?

AND the merchant can collect funds in any cryptocurrency?

Using your example, one can set up a gofundme style or donation page and accept crypto?

cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:17:07 PM

So basically Melima allows one to set up online sales through use of an API?

AND the merchant can collect funds in any cryptocurrency?

Using your example, one can set up a gofundme style or donation page and accept crypto?

It allows you to create your product/items list (order list). Usually it looks like list with product description, and image. And basically you can do anything you want with it. We plan to create 3 examples first: restaurant, Changelly alike exchange website and homepage/blog with just embedded code block. So, yes you will be able to setup gofundme style or donation page with it. Backend is api itself, current administrator interface is quite raw, and will be redesigned (check screenshots) but it already have basic functional that allows you to add your products, and see order requests. We want integrate is with sparrow (thats metamask fork) and metamask first. Currently our team is only developers, but I don't think this is the bad thing. Its just makes no sense to show cute renders or somethings else, when we have only prototypes, mostly. And, yes you can just check documentation and test, what we currently have yourself. Also, we want to make frontend as much user-friendly as it could be for novice developers, so its not worth to make it too complex. And yes, beside it could look totally different, with different example (use case). For example when you take popular e-commerce solution, you usually need to deal with very hard in maintenance system. But here, we want to make fast and easy to understand and improve api. That you could use with any website, design or whatsoever, and you don't need to deal with your e-commerce solution, but just make website the way you want.
And as for android client its just reads your products/items and displays your list. And since android client will be open-sourced too, and its in out main priority, it will not be so hard to fork it and create your own clients, specially for your own marketplace with own design, for example.

cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:37:26 AM

We just announced Affiliate And Social Distribution Program on Ubiq #general discord channel.
Affiliate And Social Distribution Program is active now!
https://melima.me/affiliate-and-social-distribution-program/

Funnymyth

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:15:23 AM

is there going to be a masternode option?
cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:19:32 AM

is there going to be a masternode option?
Nope. ME Token runs on top of UBQ network. However to achieve extra security for some crypto-cyrrences support you may want to run full wallet locally, if you do want extra security, and explorer or multiple explorers is not enough for you.

cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:04:36 PM

There will be no ICO. It was bad idea with an ICO from the start. Obviously we can't compete with other start-ups that could spend  thousands on marketing every month. However this is not means the project is closed. Just we going to go slower. With quality over speed. I think as founder in two years I'll be able to run full-time team on my own funds. However, we will continue part-time, as I'll be able to spend extra, and more people will be involved. Meanwhile I want to continue project and help $MUSIC development, since I invested too deeply in  $MUSIC that i was not able to withdraw funds back without huge lose. to spend funds on the marketing. So we will continue without marketing funds right now, and without ICO, but a lot more slower. Main priority is whitepaper and naming conversion service, that will be available soon.

pendul

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:12:41 PM

Are you planning any airdrops or bounty program? It would be great to participate somehow in project))
cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:24:49 PM

Are you planning any airdrops or bounty program? It would be great to participate somehow in project))
Main priority is whitepaper and special service that can make step in making payment with any cryptocurrency (including bitcoin) a lot easier. I want it released in sync, so there will be no time for any kind of airdrops in next months. It might be, there will be no token at all, we looking into it. Payment system could be profitable without it. We just give interface to pay easy in any already made crypto-currency.

Franky2010

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:29:19 PM

Just found about this Project. Everybody who trade on Ebay knows, how this company can easy block forever Seller for no reason. This Melina has actialy very smart idea, but need to have more infos, if I click on whitepapar, I have blank page.  So this will be what way distribution tokens, how many you plan to have together out.

cryptofutureis (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:39:01 PM

Just found about this Project. Everybody who trade on Ebay knows, how this company can easy block forever Seller for no reason. This Melina has actialy very smart idea, but need to have more infos, if I click on whitepapar, I have blank page.  So this will be what way distribution tokens, how many you plan to have together out.
Whitepaper is work in the progress. More above it will be not cool to release even draft without making basic help service that will be part of the Melima project or used as help service or as database for another cryptocurrency payment service, since it will used as example in whitepaper.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: