Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Overclock.net finally lifted the Bitcoin ban.  (Read 3727 times)
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:11:15 PM

OCN are run by bunch of masturbating teenagers who overclock their computers till northbridge burns in flames, then install spyware on their computers and finally they masturbate again upon the success of finished super PI ending in BSOD.

It was a good place to learn about hardware, I especially like the case modding section. But the administration is ruining everything.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:21:36 PM

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day that Bitcoin talk would be allowed, especially after how hard the mods went after people who did talk about it.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1398181/welcome-to-the-distributed-computing-section#post_20132429

What a bunch of negative ninnies.  As a long-time overclocker (150mhz -> 166mhz Pentium) I know exactly how much Bitcoiners and hardware performance enthusiasts have in common.

Few are better qualified to optimize mining hardware.  Too bad the heavy-handed little Stalins at OC.net prevented many of their members from finding out about Bitcoin in time to become millionaires.

Banning mention of Bitcoin made zero sense in the first place.  Why not forbid discussion of 3dMark too?  Both are outstanding tools for benchmarking.

Some stuck-up Bitcoin-hating OC.net lamers let their ego and e-peens get in the way of technological progress FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS.   Grin

How smart of them.  Pure brilliance to protect their delicate, gullible users from something they could use to improve their OVERCLOCKING while getting rich to boot.   Grin

Then, they finally got hit by the clue train.  How embarrassing, to stubbornly cling to your ideological bigotry for so long, only to be overwhelmed and forced into a cowardly and total surrender. 

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:34:06 PM

You guys give too much credit for that shitty website. It doesnt deserve a thread on bitcointalk.

Btw, you should know exactly why the admin ban bitcoin. It has nothing to do with legal. The admins and moderators had their mining farm since 2011. In fact, i noticed they were hoarding 5850s 2 yrs ago.

Whoever still goes to that site, deserves whatever crap it has.
mr.n00blar

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:46:41 PM

I am not currently a moderator so I cannot speak on behalf of the forum in any official way but I can assure you there was no hoarding or intent to cause harm to anyone by not allowing bitcoin discussion. Moderators of Overclock.net are held to pretty high standards, they are not out to get you as you seem to think they are (not sure why you think they would be?) Some imaginations appear to be running wild here.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:50:20 PM

I am not currently a moderator so I cannot speak on behalf of the forum in any official way but I can assure you there was no hoarding or intent to cause harm to anyone by not allowing bitcoin discussion. Moderators of Overclock.net are held to pretty high standards, they are not out to get you as you seem to think they are (not sure why you think they would be?) Some imaginations appear to be running wild here.

No you cant assure crap. State who you are and whats your current role

My source is very creditable and screw your high standard bs. Xtremesystem is the only group with high standard.
mr.n00blar

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:54:22 PM

My source is very creditable and screw your high standard bs. Xtremesystem is the only group with high standard.

Not sure if you're trying to troll me or not here? I am Mr.N00bLaR. I don't doubt that people have been participating in mining that are members and moderators over there, but they have not been enforcing the rule in the manner that you are indicating. Have you been banned from the forums? ...you seem to be pretty hostile.
e4xit

Activity: 302

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:24:47 AM

How about you state your "very creditable" source too then in the mean time?

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: