Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to BTC after hardfork?  (Read 517 times)
pathi87 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:14:56 PM

Any idea what will happen to the BTC after hardfork? Will it go down ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:19:56 PM

Bitcoin will remain exactly the same. As for price, we can only do guess work... I have no crystal ball, but I'd say the impact on the price is going to be negligible...
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:28:25 PM

You seem new to crypto world. We had one major hardfork few months ago. Nothing to fear.
If you meant prices then there maybe little fluctuations in price but in long run Bitcoin will strengthen back to stronger position like it is now. So you are free to make your strategies without fearing pre or post fork situations.
While if you meant working of Bitcoin or blockchain. There maybe 1 or 2 days halt in performance due to double performance. But after that you can conveniently use both coins if you have them with private keys. 

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:28:34 PM

What do you mean go down? Do you mean that it will never start? Just like that? Well, you are probably wrong my friend. It will happen. Just 10 days from now and it will. So store your btc on exchanger that accepts that and you can get free money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 05:29:11 PM

Here comes another wave of the same threads that were all around the forum just before August 1.

What will happen to bitcoins.
Will the price go up or down.
Will "x" be more powerful and replace the original bitcoin.
How do I get the hard fork coin. (MILLIONS OF TIMES).

These are just now a normal thing that are asked once a hard fork is announced. The answer to all of them is obviously "NOBODY KNOWS !" "

How is anyone supposed to predict what's gonna happen next in crypto ? Can't happen.
And for the last question which has to be asked every 2-5 minutes, Theymos made a simple thread on how to handle splits before the BCH event and it still remains the same.

Check it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012799.0
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:35:45 PM

Same as usual. We cant really predict on what would happen on the price or even on bitcoin after the fork but i can presume that the thing happen on Bitcoin Cash event would still happen on this Bitcoin Gold. Price might dip but somehow recover later on and reach up new heights. For now all we can do is wait for the fork and thinking of that there would be still Segwit2x  Fork on next month which means its back to back.I dont know on how price would behave on these kind of events.Better suit ourself on a bumpy ride.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:39:49 PM

Hmmm. This question really sounds stupid, no offence intended, but it just does.

Anyways, to answer your question, the coin itself will stay the same as it is. But the price will absolutely decrease and correct itself. But no worries, just as what happened before, price will continue to rise even more. And demand will continue to increase.

If you're looking to invest, it's quite too late. Maybe few weeks after the fork.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:54:50 PM

Bitcoin will remain exactly the same. As for price, we can only do guess work... I have no crystal ball, but I'd say the impact on the price is going to be negligible...
Yes that is what we can expect that even after hardfork the price of bitcoin will continue its increasing trend and we can expect that the price of bitcoin will even rise more. i am hopeful that after hardfork the price of bitcoin will cross 6000$ very easily and will even continue increasing, because bitcoin has too much potential to increase. People are waiting for the hardfork and hope that after that they will again start rising again.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:59:33 PM

Yes that is what we can expect that even after hardfork the price of bitcoin will continue its increasing trend and we can expect that the price of bitcoin will even rise more. i am hopeful that after hardfork the price of bitcoin will cross 6000$ very easily and will even continue increasing, because bitcoin has too much potential to increase. People are waiting for the hardfork and hope that after that they will again start rising again.

I think that won't happen after the hardfork, yes it wasn't the same as bitcoin cash who affects bitcoin at the beginning but still there is a possibility of bitcoin gold affecting the price, so we cannot be too confident according to the price right now.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:00:48 PM

Bitcoin is going to raise to the fork and I expect to see some more, but slow raise after the fork. There is no worries this time about bitcoin and it's future like it was on the 1st of August. People don't make panic this time like it was two months ago.
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:58:40 PM

Nothing will happen to BTC after the hardfork except it will just end up gaining more value like it did after Bitcoin Cash because people will realize that 2x is a scam.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:29:52 PM

I think that won't happen after the hardfork, yes it wasn't the same as bitcoin cash who affects bitcoin at the beginning but still there is a possibility of bitcoin gold affecting the price, so we cannot be too confident according to the price right now.

Bitcoin Gold will never affect the bitcoin's price. You see the bitcoin gold's value initially around 500 USD or more than that like how BCH value initially splitted and value we noticed. block size will be increased after the segregation witness for the bitcoin in November.
You can set the ground value as 5k after the bump, you will not find the value lower than that.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:40:32 PM

I don't think that bitcoin price will decrease after the hardfork in the 25th of october. Maybe we will see bitcoin in the 7k$ level after few weeks after the fork, No one know, what will happend exactly! Anyways, i predict that bitcoin price will still like that in around 2 weeks and then it start again to increase.

setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:43:23 PM

Back to last fork (when bitcoin cash was created last August) BTC price has gone upper few days after the fork happened , I think the same scenario will be repeated this time ( the unique difference is the new coin which is going to be created next fork "bitcoin gold" and I assume that bitcoin price will just keeping increasing as usually .
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:53:52 PM

I don't think that bitcoin price will decrease after the hardfork in the 25th of october. Maybe we will see bitcoin in the 7k$ level after few weeks after the fork, No one know, what will happend exactly! Anyways, i predict that bitcoin price will still like that in around 2 weeks and then it start again to increase.
I want to remind you that in November will transition to segwit2x and this can lead to a significant reduction in prices. I think this event will be of greater value than the emergence of bitcoin gold. But now all blinded by the Golden Shine and let my guard down. I think the price of bitcoin after October 25 will be reduced to $ 5,000.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:13:50 PM

Objectively bitcoin will stronger. In hard fork, bitcoiner like to have other side of bitcoin, so more demand make its price is higher.
After hard fork, my opinion is btc still strong but will decrease a little bit and back to up treck.
The_Genesis_BITMAN

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:17:20 PM

Bitcoin will remain powerful compared to other altcoins and its own forks... No doubt in that  Cool
cryptohome

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 02:19:55 PM

Well, after the hardfork all the other altcoins will have a serious rise with many liquidating their Btc to buy other promising alt coins that have hit the exchanges during the Hardfork craze.

This doesn't mean that BTC will lose it's shine, this will just be a temporary phase and it will go beyond this price again in coming months.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:20:05 PM

Bitcoin will remain powerful compared to other altcoins and its own forks... No doubt in that  Cool
I am also strongly believe that bitcoin will still make another highest bitcoin price record after the fork, maybe bitcoin price will dump but it will still increase after fork because I think there are still a lot of people will have another panic selling with their bitcoin. But I am not worrying with it since I know the potential of bitcoin is very strong.
ehrz22

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:23:14 PM

You seem new to crypto world. We had one major hardfork few months ago. Nothing to fear.
If you meant prices then there maybe little fluctuations in price but in long run Bitcoin will strengthen back to stronger position like it is now. So you are free to make your strategies without fearing pre or post fork situations.
While if you meant working of Bitcoin or blockchain. There maybe 1 or 2 days halt in performance due to double performance. But after that you can conveniently use both coins if you have them with private keys. 

Im new to bitcoins too but already have an idea on what will happen after this another fork. I believe bitcoin price will continue to up what ever may happened after this new fork.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: