Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining "exotic" coins  (Read 493 times)
Don-Quixote (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:57:48 PM

I was wondering what kind of exotic coins if any… are you mining that are not in the 50-top cryptocurrency market list? what equipment are you using? And what is the expected return?

Thanks for sharing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:20:27 PM

I'm currently mining solaris (XLR) (Xevan + Masternode) or Vertcoin (VTC) (Asic resistance) or ZenCash (ZEN) (privacy coin). They are not top 50 coins.
I do this with 3x 1070GTX. I do not watch efficiency too much,
It is for holding long term and I'm not selling anything(try to buy some as well)  Reason is I believe these coins have potential to grow and are "ethical"". (VTC is top dog when it comes to being ethical ). It is also nice to read up on the different forums of these coins, because you have a "connection" with a coin.  If you have more interest in day to day mining and dumping  it is better stick to whattomine has to say.

good luck finding your own willy wonka mining ticket!
.nuke

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:23:33 PM

It's fine if you didn't get a huge rig or bunch of modern ASICs, you can determinate your average hashrate and lookup for new or abandoned coins in this section and mine them in solo mode while network hashrate isn't very high. Occasionally, some of them got media-punch with a pump on market, so you need constantly watch rates of mined coins. Profit could be form one to few hundreds USD in a day if you luck enough.
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:01:43 AM

I have mined musicoin a little bit. It is a pretty good concept, not bad efficiency either. Build a few 1000 and save them back.
nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

I'm currently mining solaris (XLR) (Xevan + Masternode) or Vertcoin (VTC) (Asic resistance) or ZenCash (ZEN) (privacy coin). They are not top 50 coins.
I do this with 3x 1070GTX. I do not watch efficiency too much,
It is for holding long term and I'm not selling anything(try to buy some as well)  Reason is I believe these coins have potential to grow and are "ethical"". (VTC is top dog when it comes to being ethical ). It is also nice to read up on the different forums of these coins, because you have a "connection" with a coin.  If you have more interest in day to day mining and dumping  it is better stick to whattomine has to say.

good luck finding your own willy wonka mining ticket!

I was reading this post and wanted to know which miner you are using and are there any good tutorials on mining these. I like to have varied coins through mining
espen83

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:44:55 AM

I've mined a bit UBIQ since i know that at least one major player is long on it.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:34:28 AM

You may want to consider mining BitcoinZ (BTCZ).

Its one of the newest coins out there which came out only this October so while they are already listed at whattomine or coinmarketcap, there isn't much information on them yet. Granted yes, it smells like a shitcoin, it's currently trading at a good enough price to be profitable. Mine directly to exchange and sell for higher profit margins than ETH or ZCASH.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: