Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:41:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft accepting BITCOIN ??!!  (Read 1365 times)
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

This is a good news finally they added bitcoin as payment option, although it can't use to purchase stuff in microsoft online store at least you can purchase items in windows or xbox store, well i'm not surprised at all since bitcoin become more popular many companies are using it as payment method, i personally will not spend mu bitcoin as long as i can pay those items with cash i will keep my bitcoin in my wallet.
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:59:09 PM

Microsoft is not only accepting Bitcoin, but they are heavily invested in the blockchain. They invested in Ethereum also.
hifarrer

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:01:15 AM

Sooner or later Amazon, Walmart and all major retailers will accept bitcoin, who wouldn't want to get paid on something that keeps increasing its value?
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:43:45 AM

this is exciting news. microsoft is one of the largest companies in the world, and with the adoption of bitcoin by them, this is certainly a trigger for other large companies to come to use it. And that means the popularity of bitcoin will skyrocket. and of course this is very influential on the increase in price.
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:22:45 AM

Seeing a big company who is now accepting bitcoin is a good and a big advantage for them but it is only limited to some stuffs or things.. bitcoin can buy..
If microsoft will continue to accept bitcoin as payment it can result to more exposure of bitcoin to the crowd and it may help to be more popular and well known of BITCOIN and other crypto currency
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:32:06 AM

Is Microsot accepting BITCOIN  BTC??  If so it is wonderful news!!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13942/microsoft-account-add-money-with-bitcoin
You can buy games using Bitcoin, I know that for a fact, but there has never really been a need for me to buy any games from them since they typically do not have anything worth playing, aside from the occasional neat racing game like forza horizon which I kind of wanted to play but decided against it.

I don't know if they sell many, or any, of their other products for Bitcoin, but I don't know if there would be any kind of real improvement that would come from such a program set out by them. It might have a minor impact on the community when it comes to the price, but most people won't buy anything from them. I would be willing to put money on it.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:36:03 AM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13942/microsoft-account-add-money-with-bitcoin
Have you seen the link that you posted? YES THEY ARE. If this will push through and Microsoft will continue on implementing Bitcoin payment to other software such as office and other OS , it will be a good advertisement to propagate to other markets. Free Advertisement indeed!

NoomDalv

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:04:59 AM

This is actually huge, if bill gates is on it thats great news, sooner or later the number of companies doing this will be exponential and bitcoin prices.... who knows?
SoulBargain

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:07:49 AM

My understanding is that you can buy Microsoft-owned games and stuff with Bitcoin. I never really paid much attention to it, myself.
You are actually right but yet this thing is already be considered as a good new though since they are already adopting bitcoin into their company which would really signifies that popularity is really going broad.Knowing microsoft is a big company and might they would add up more developments which would make use of bitcoin into theirs.
The effect of this to Bitcoin's market would be great. The market support will even more solidify and by this it is offerjng free advertisement for Bitcoin that will lead to more people knowing it and use it. By this, the demand will raise and so as the price which would be nice overall esoecially to those who have been in Bitcoin for a long time.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:24:02 AM

Is it a legit news? If it is, I'm sure this news will be helpful because it will contribute for another price increase in Bitcoin. It is not impossible that Microsoft will accept Bitcoin because its owner, Bill Gates, is a strong believer of crypto currency. In fact, he has huge investments in Ethereum. I hope that good news like this about Bitcoin will continue to spread.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:29:28 AM

Is it a legit news? If it is, I'm sure this news will be helpful because it will contribute for another price increase in Bitcoin. It is not impossible that Microsoft will accept Bitcoin because its owner, Bill Gates, is a strong believer of crypto currency. In fact, he has huge investments in Ethereum. I hope that good news like this about Bitcoin will continue to spread.
I think its legitimate, as an endorser of technology, its probably what they will do and I think what Microsoft did will make a huge contribution to the fame of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Because if Microsoft trust it, then other that have doubt will also do the same.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:30:27 AM

I think its legitimate, as an endorser of technology, its probably what they will do and I think what Microsoft did will make a huge contribution to the fame of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Because if Microsoft trust it, then other that have doubt will also do the same.

How are they accepting bitcoin? Via purchases of licenses? Games? Devices?
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:37:22 AM

How are they accepting bitcoin? Via purchases of licenses? Games? Devices?

maybe we can pay with bitcoin when we want to buy licenses, games and devices or even we can buy Microsoft product and this is absolutely great news for us so our chance to use bitcoin to pay something is wide open. I am sure that soon many big sites especially shopping website like amazon, ebay, and other site will thinking that they can use bitcoin too for the payment and they will do the same like Microsoft. we can buy many things in that site and I think this will prevent Microsoft from piracy their software because they have a big problem with the piracy.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:02:52 AM

As long as you see the BTC sign in a website, that's a free ads on our behalf! ha ha! And yes, if Microsoft games could be purchased with bitcoins, then it means we already have a captive market - the gamers. Soon, those gamers will become traders.

The gamers gain a lot of  potential into cryptocurrencies, they are well versed about bitcoin as it is now accepted as reward system or token for their skills upgrade. I saw it 3 years ago that may of my gamers friend are hook into bitcoin mining using their gaming rigs and they start making money out of mining.Now this this the transition from gamers, to miners and now to traders. Microsoft help promote bitcoin through their gamers community because some of their stuff they sell are gamers related and pay it thru third party bitcoin payment service.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:06:57 AM

As long as you see the BTC sign in a website, that's a free ads on our behalf! ha ha! And yes, if Microsoft games could be purchased with bitcoins, then it means we already have a captive market - the gamers. Soon, those gamers will become traders.

The gamers gain a lot of  potential into cryptocurrencies, they are well versed about bitcoin as it is now accepted as reward system or token for their skills upgrade. I saw it 3 years ago that may of my gamers friend are hook into bitcoin mining using their gaming rigs and they start making money out of mining.Now this this the transition from gamers, to miners and now to traders. Microsoft help promote bitcoin through their gamers community because some of their stuff they sell are gamers related and pay it thru third party bitcoin payment service.

This is definitel true for people who games a lot and has work om the other. They can use their gaming rigs to mine and then gain coins. If microsoft continues to support bitcoins as payment, eventually other digital and computer companies will follow. We'll see more and more things that can be purchased with bitcoins.

whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:11:20 AM

That is good news not only Microsoft there is lot of IT company they also accepting bitcoin as payment to purchase their software,games and also antivirus.. ransom ware also  changed their payment to bitcoin.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:33:56 AM

Good news for Bitcoin to be accepted by a large corporation like Microsoft. Hope to see more corporation accepting Bitcoin.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:55:47 AM

While a big corporations like Microsoft is a good thing for Bitcoin users, but when one sees the link it's only for very limited uses, so not much of use if one actually sees it, however if one looks for the long term then it could actually be very much profitable to all of us, if Microsoft is accepting it, then the big corporations are not far behind from accepting it. Say apple or Google starts accepting it, that will be huge and change Bitcoins for ever, as of now not much for Bitcoins in this.
newlone

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:09:21 AM

This is great if the Microsoft accepting BITCOIN, value of bitcoin on the crypto market is getting more and more . This is a good news for investors.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:22:38 AM

I think microsoft already accept bitcoin and it is a news a few months or even years ago. Bitcoin is being accepted by the big companies online and i think that in the future the small ones company will follow that action of microsoft and they will accept bitcoin also but the thing that i am always waiting for bitcoin is to get accepted by the countries so the adoption will become faster.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: