Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Forks a threat to the Alts market?  (Read 453 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:10:01 PM

Whenever there is a rumour or news of a bitcoin fork it stops the progress of the Alts making Alts lifeless or killing them. It seems bitcoin forks support bitcoin market dominance over alts.

The question is will there be more bitcoin forks after segwit2x fork? Because if there is then thats gonna stop Alts in its tracks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idunets

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:16:26 PM

The question is will there be more bitcoin forks after segwit2x fork?

Of course! and yes it is killing alts... but Alts will never be a priority number 1... I think it's normal  Cheesy
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:16:40 PM

there's gonna be a law of diminishing returns. bch made the big splash. bitcoin gold seems to have not done very much. s2x is probably gonna be the last hurrah for how effective forks will be.

from then on i don't think there'll be the attention or the backing to capture everyone's money again in the same way that the current crop of forks have.

bch has bitmain, roger ver, big blockers. s2x has the businesses, maybe.

it's easy to believe they'll be big deals. i don't see what some random fork has to offer in comparison and the big forkers won't want to do it again. 
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:25:05 AM

Ok what are the next forks after segwit2x fork?

Also does every fork guarantee free air drops? I recently heard free airdrop of segwit2x is not guaranteed. If that is the case then why price of bitcoin is bullish all time high now when there is no guarantee of free air drop coins?
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:32:05 AM

Ok what are the next forks after segwit2x fork?

Also does every fork guarantee free air drops? I recently heard free airdrop of segwit2x is not guaranteed. If that is the case then why price of bitcoin is bullish all time high now when there is no guarantee of free air drop coins?
Stupidity, lack of financial background, greed, lack of math etc. There are many reasons. An experienced HODLer would not destroy his/her portfolio.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:08:19 AM

Yes I think there will be lots of Bitcoin Fork and SegWit2x in the coming months or years. And will be a threat to the Altcoin market because it will swim down in the red sea all the more every time there is a Bitcoin Fork.
josebcn

Activity: 394
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:19:13 AM

I'm tired of forks.Bitcoin must be dumped.A serious coin can't do this and should be punished.I hate you bitcoin.

Telegram Group Crypto Gifs Channel https://t.me/Cryptogifschannel
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:09:00 AM

Whenever there is a rumour or news of a bitcoin fork it stops the progress of the Alts making Alts lifeless or killing them. It seems bitcoin forks support bitcoin market dominance over alts.

The question is will there be more bitcoin forks after segwit2x fork? Because if there is then thats gonna stop Alts in its tracks.
I'm not sure about that but i suggest you to read this article, that gives you a lot of explanation why a lot of people are hype bitcoin right now.
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-future-explained
CME group and the rival business are trying to build the bitcoin futures trade.
This big hammer to the altcoin caused by the wallstreet news and not by the hardfork of bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:20:45 AM

No.
Bitcoin forking is mostly realted to hype.

Altcoins should be related to its function,
to its specification.

Altcoins may be very very very good,
I even believe that one of the Altcoins may replace Bitcoin someday.

Forking is not killing Alts, it is related, it doesnt kill the other.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:46:26 AM

I'm tired of forks.Bitcoin must be dumped.A serious coin can't do this and should be punished.I hate you bitcoin.

Are you really joking, I hope you know Litecoin, Dash, BitcoinDark, Bitcore, Dogecoin etc are all forks of Bitcoin. There is no rule against this, you too can wake up tomorrow and decided to fork a chain if you like and if the market accept it good, th market is what decides
Razor5

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:04:22 AM

I don't think there is a parallel connection between new Bitcoin forks and other altcoins fall. Altcoins always fall down when Bitcoin raise its price. This is nothing new and nothing more than that. Bitcoin is always dominant and the only ruler.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:18:21 AM

I don't think there is a parallel connection between new Bitcoin forks and other altcoins fall. Altcoins always fall down when Bitcoin raise its price. This is nothing new and nothing more than that. Bitcoin is always dominant and the only ruler.

Btc will always remain on the top of the charts because of which the other altcoin came in the market and do exists. Yes the altcoin price is dropping as the btc prices are rising. This is causing people to panic a bit as same time investing in btc is giving them a superb returns as compared to other altcoins.

bixiiMaphi321

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:15:32 AM

I think sewgit 2x is the last time bitcoin fork. No more fork after this event. After sewgit2x bitcoin will become perfect, so will must it be fork again Cheesy
nhote

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:23:49 AM

scammy operations to prey on dumb or greedy people who believe that money just rains from the sky are definitely going to be one of the main threats to the crypto market. it started with dodgy ICOs, forks seem to be the next frontier. i hope common sense will prevail and we'll not have to witness this new world starting to tear itself apart.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: