Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:01:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Exxor - aiming to scam between $2 and $23.9 million  (Read 918 times)
DutchFinity (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:35:00 PM

MINIMUM SCAM GOAL: $2 MILLION

MAXIMUM SCAM GOAL: $23.9 MILLION

Hereby I am anouncing Exxor a scam. If they want me to handle a campaign for them; they get it.

A more general scam analysis can be found here.
Below you find my personal addition.

Two days ago I visited the Exxor.org website and was on their chat greeted by Katherine Kaplan, Software Engineer. I asked her about a possible bounty campaign as I was looking for translation work. She invited me to manage their bounty campaign. As I was offered 15% of collected bounties, with a bounty max of 30 BTC, I happily agreed. We had contact through her Skype account Skillez, of which she indicated it belonged to her. She wanted a Facebook campaign and Slack campaign included. I pointed out that for this they needed to open their closed Facebook and Slack groups, but I found no answer, nor open groups. Up until now these groups are still closed. She was in a hurry so I worked through the evening, and the evening after, to setup all graphics, content and sheets. The bounty campaign had to be launched today in the afternoon. So yesterday evening I sent her the concept forum code. And in the morning, noon and afternoon I waited for Katherine, now known as Skillez, to come online. Which didn't happen. Only in the afternoon she gave me out of an offline status a short 'hello'. Nothing else. No addressing of Facebook and Slack issues, no consent for afternoon launch, nothing. So I asked what her plan was. She then replied that they were running another project for which my bounty sheets could be used. It would be launched this evening. So asked about this other project and why the plans suddenly had changed. Now Skillez replied that he / she wasn't Katherine of the Exxor project but an agent of an agency doing ICO promotion. I gave them my Bitcoin wallet adress and replied that I wanted to be paid for the work done and / or a sound explanation about the sudden turns (no Exxor bounty launch but another project bounty launch and Exxor Katherine suddenly is a hired PR agent). They replied that they could send 0.02 BTC if I would do the other project. I declined. I don’t want to support scams and I don’t work for tip money. I posted this story in their ANN thread to warn potential investors. They then warned me to remove the post or else I wouldn’t get paid (as if they were intending to). My answer was that the situation was rather the other way around and that nothing I wrote was lied, which they indeed acknowledged.

You can report being scammed  here
(Fields not mandatory)

Check scam reports here

Futile or not, the message must be given out: Give investors their money back!

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dasengineer

Activity: 434
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:47:45 PM

Thanks for reporting buddy.
DutchFinity (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:42:46 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2017, 04:34:26 PM by DutchFinity

At the ANN thread I was asked for proof. Here are the screenshots.

Katherine Kaplan is supposed to be part of the Exxor team:

I spoke to Katherine on the Exxor.org website chat:

Invitation for managing their bounty campaign:

Agreement:

Katherine identifies with Skype account Skillez:

Skype profile:

Adressing Facebook and Slack issues (again):

Facebook status:

Asking for the plan:

The turnaround. Suddenly another project and suddenly Skillez is an agent instead of Katherine:

Exxor trying to get my post removed and acknowledging that nothing in it was lied:

luicon

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:01:21 PM

w0o, didn't know about this thread

scammers
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:13:56 AM

MINIMUM SCAM GOAL: $2 MILLION

MAXIMUM SCAM GOAL: $23.9 MILLION

Hereby I am anouncing Exxor a scam. If they want me to handle a campaign for them; they get it.

A more general scam analysis can be found here.
Below you find my personal addition.

Two days ago I visited the Exxor.org website and was on their chat greeted by Katherine Kaplan, Software Engineer. I asked her about a possible bounty campaign as I was looking for translation work. She invited me to manage their bounty campaign. As I was offered 15% of collected bounties, with a bounty max of 30 BTC, I happily agreed. We had contact through her Skype account Skillez, of which she indicated it belonged to her. She wanted a Facebook campaign and Slack campaign included. I pointed out that for this they needed to open their closed Facebook and Slack groups, but I found no answer, nor open groups. Up until now these groups are still closed. She was in a hurry so I worked through the evening, and the evening after, to setup all graphics, content and sheets. The bounty campaign had to be launched today in the afternoon. So yesterday evening I sent her the concept forum code. And in the morning, noon and afternoon I waited for Katherine, now known as Skillez, to come online. Which didn't happen. Only in the afternoon she gave me out of an offline status a short 'hello'. Nothing else. No addressing of Facebook and Slack issues, no consent for afternoon launch, nothing. So I asked what her plan was. She then replied that they were running another project for which my bounty sheets could be used. It would be launched this evening. So asked about this other project and why the plans suddenly had changed. Now Skillez replied that he / she wasn't Katherine of the Exxor project but an agent of an agency doing ICO promotion. I gave them my Bitcoin wallet adress and replied that I wanted to be paid for the work done and / or a sound explanation about the sudden turns (no Exxor bounty launch but another project bounty launch and Exxor Katherine suddenly is a hired PR agent). They replied that they could send 0.02 BTC if I would do the other project. I declined. I don’t want to support scams and I don’t work for tip money. I posted this story in their ANN thread to warn potential investors. They then warned me to remove the post or else I wouldn’t get paid (as if they were intending to). My answer was that the situation was rather the other way around and that nothing I wrote was lied, which they indeed acknowledged.

You can report being scammed  here
(Fields not mandatory)

Check scam reports here

Futile or not, the message must be given out: Give investors their money back!

Thanks for the info. If everyone who faces scammers wrote on the forum - it would be easier to track scam projects

HarryPorter

Activity: 610
Merit: 506

crypto = passion

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:38:46 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 11:53:25 AM by HarryPorter

good job, hope more people will learn how ICO scam squads works.

also very like that analyse, link: https://steemit.com/exxor/@blockrush/meet-exxor-the-14-trillion-iot-samsung-framed-ico-scam

so they simply trying push work on newbies or believers as they busy realising more "great scam ICOs project" .

making "investors" thinking that they can be: "part of the team, manger of..., will get paid for...  as you can do translation... etc..." - and using them to spread shitICO. In that way they becoming "face" of the shitICO.

@all ICO scam teams - great work, you working so hard, spending so much time on it like there is nothing better to do in crypto - keep thinking how "clever" you are.

https://www.bitmex.com/app/register/XTo064 - enjoy a 10% fee discount for 6 months.
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:16:01 PM

This is one great information you share here, so more peoples will be very careful when selecting a project to follow.
Thanks for the info.
Angelo38

Activity: 349
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:38:50 PM

Thank you for sharing this information with us.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:52:40 PM

Thanks for sharing, and with good proof too! #NameAndShame
TalRasha

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:08:56 AM

Thank you for sharing, I almost got caught. Some kind of White Hat Hackers should shut these assholes down. My good friend lost some money on a similar scam, fake online ethereum wallet.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:27:09 AM

Need to spread this as fast as possible, as far as possible, as many as possible...
So the ANN link for this- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2247722.0, seems that they are really running a scam project.
But it's up to the users here to do their own research.
Stephlambert

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:38:48 AM

Need to spread this as fast as possible, as far as possible, as many as possible...
So the ANN link for this- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2247722.0, seems that they are really running a scam project.
But it's up to the users here to do their own research.

Yes, and the thread has been locked, which is a bit of a shame, because it will fall in the depth of the forum and it'll be hard for people to find the information.

Agreed that people have to do their own research, and I am a bit surprised that there is no special section here to warn about potential scams, with proof, screenshots, etc...
DutchFinity (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:03:50 PM

Yes, and the thread has been locked, which is a bit of a shame, because it will fall in the depth of the forum and it'll be hard for people to find the information.

Agreed that people have to do their own research, and I am a bit surprised that there is no special section here to warn about potential scams, with proof, screenshots, etc...
The thread opener (probably hired and scammed by Exxor himself) closed the thread because new visitors didn't read back and they had to be informed every time again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: