Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why all the freakout about Bitcoin's price?  (Read 830 times)
Squidoogeek (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:42:54 PM

1) I generally only worry about Bitcoin's price when I want to buy a gift card or something. And even then, converting to fiat is someone else's problem in this scenario.

2) I can go weeks without opening up my wallet or checking the price, so it's not like I'm addicted, right? Right?!

3) Buy, hodl, buy, hodl...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
affigne

Activity: 235
Merit: 103

Writting/Translations EN-ES available HERE!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:49:07 PM

For someone trying to make a living out of trading fiat currency and cryptocurrencies, the volatility of bitcoin's price is a matter of concern.
For someone who really doesn't give a darnt about it, there's no need to freak out.

Which group you're in?

Writing/Translations Available!!!
Squidoogeek (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:51:38 PM

For someone trying to make a living out of trading fiat currency and cryptocurrencies, the volatility of bitcoin's price is a matter of concern.
For someone who really doesn't give a darnt about it, there's no need to freak out.

Which group you're in?

Hobbyist who occasionally gets paid for a job in Bitcoin here. Not like I earn a living with Bitcoin or anything.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:43:52 PM

I think that we all are in the same situation, maybe this is because we both are very introduced in all that bitcoin concerns, or maybe it is just because most part of our lives depends on bitcoin on the earnings that bitcoin gives to us, maybe both, who knows? i am constantly checking the charts, to track the progress of my investment, and there is nothing wrong with it, i love bitcoin, and i am always checking for updates and for news about it.

Hello
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:10:59 PM

1) I generally only worry about Bitcoin's price when I want to buy a gift card or something. And even then, converting to fiat is someone else's problem in this scenario.

2) I can go weeks without opening up my wallet or checking the price, so it's not like I'm addicted, right? Right?!

There are a lot of kids getting into crypto nowadays that get 50 bucks from their parents, buy BTC on Coinbase, don't even know how to get the BTC in a local wallet to protect their money, and all they do all day is look at bitcoinwisdom.

The price goes up $1000 in 3 days and they get used to it, but goes down $200 and they freak out, it's pretty comical to see.

If you have been here for years like me, this is another day in the office. And by the way, the price is skyrocketing again. There was a correction for some reason, and now it's quickly climbing back to $5800. Next attempt is for the $6000. We still have time until GarzikCoin aka segwit2xCoin crashes the market.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:16:06 PM

I agree with you guys. It depends on how bitvoins affect the lives of the users. Then the reaction in every events that happen concerning bitcoun will be an impact to one's life also. In my case it's also a hobby or sideline, students use bitcoin for an extra bucks. And It's very helpful. I am not denying about the income reason but it really shows us the convenience of bitcoin too. There are lot of possibilities with time.
Chasoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:27:51 PM

Apparently freakouters about the cost of bitcoin are those who have a number of whole bitcoins (not small). In this case, the price will strongly affect the amount of money in dollar terms. I do not belong to this group because I learned about bitcoins not so long ago.

azmiupb

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:31:09 PM

Because the price keep up and up. 1 week before its 64m, not its -+75m
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:35:08 PM

The profit is one of the reason. Moneu is truly addicting and because of that many bitcoin users care about the price so much, and sometimes others do it because they just want to follow bitcoin even thpugh they don't have any.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:33:49 AM

The profit is one of the reason. Moneu is truly addicting and because of that many bitcoin users care about the price so much, and sometimes others do it because they just want to follow bitcoin even thpugh they don't have any.
Most of the users are like to invest bitcoin. But so many issues are create in current market. Traders and users are freakout in bitcoin price. The government should take action in these type of issues. Bitcoin price is not constant to maintain. It should varied depends upon the demand in market.
8270thNinja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:38:59 AM

We do have different preferences and point of view when it comes to the price of bitcoin, I as a person is the one who will freak out about this changes because i do have bitcoin and i see each drop or pump as an opportunity to atleast gain profit from it.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:51:37 AM

Because you are it in for the long term. Others do short day trading of bitcoin that's why its important to them to see the price and look at how they can earn short term. Good thing that you are into it for the long haul because that's how investing in bitcoin should be. You can buy in dips then hodl, rinse and repeat.  They are always find a way to make out a profit out of the current price. And traders fine day trading very interesting that's why they freak out if the price goes up or down.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:09:07 AM

People are freaking about because there is a new ATH and the value is actually pretty impressive this time around, it isn't some kind of minor increase by only a few hundred dollars, it is literally a full thousand dollars larger in value, which was accumulated over just one or two days, I don't know since I wasn't paying much attention. Converting to fiat is something people use to compare it against the same economies, and it's just a good measure of the demand since there is nothing else to be compared against. If you can wait weeks without checking the price in your wallet then you're good. But buying and hodling is always a good strat if you want to make a fair amount of money.
NoomDalv

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:52:42 AM

There are a lot of kids getting into crypto nowadays that get 50 bucks from their parents, buy BTC on Coinbase, don't even know how to get the BTC in a local wallet to protect their money, and all they do all day is look at bitcoinwisdom.

The price goes up $1000 in 3 days and they get used to it, but goes down $200 and they freak out, it's pretty comical to see.

If you have been here for years like me, this is another day in the office. And by the way, the price is skyrocketing again. There was a correction for some reason, and now it's quickly climbing back to $5800. Next attempt is for the $6000. We still have time until GarzikCoin aka segwit2xCoin crashes the market.

And when will this happen? anytime soon? is btc supposed to skyrocket after segwit2x, or the opposite?
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:17:06 AM

well why not everyone will freakout regarding bitcoin price? the price gained a lot since last week and and it break another all time high this week. long term holders will ignore the price as long as it they have still a profit but for short term holders every hour counts they will freak out if the value loses 200 or 300 in one day.
Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:25:16 AM

This is something that newbies in bitcoin should learn to do. Beginners have the strong tendency to check the prices of their bitcoins and altcoins almost every minute. And when they see some price decrease, they react immediately with panic. In the end, they will lose some future profit. They are better off forgetting their investments so that they won't be panic selling.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
rcoins0720

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:26:50 AM

I think that we all are in the same situation, maybe this is because we both are very introduced in all that bitcoin concerns, or maybe it is just because most part of our lives depends on bitcoin on the earnings that bitcoin gives to us, maybe both, who knows? i am constantly checking the charts, to track the progress of my investment, and there is nothing wrong with it, i love bitcoin, and i am always checking for updates and for news about it.

Me !! I checked everyday hows the bitcoin price varies and studies when it will go ups and down... I am new to bitcoin and start to join campaign but I am looking forward in trading . I want to leatn more thats why I may consider as an crypto addict but not that much the post was just like me eager to learn more  and new updates everyday
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:37:43 AM

for me i dont care about the price if it go down a little i will still use it to buy good or convert to cash
but if go higher a lot in just a week or month i know everyone who hold is happy for me hold and use because i dont buy bitcoin

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:56:16 AM

Mostly people are freaking out because of Bitcoin skyrocketing its price before the fork is happening on the 25th of this month, just like what happened on the last fork with Bitcoin Cash. And altcoins are crashing down as well so people are really freaking out of the prices. But I'm expecting the bitcoins price will dump right after the fork happens.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:59:07 AM

i think most of people is care when the price is down, for example if we only have small bitcoin amount and we want to withdraw $100, then we need more than 0.01btc if the price is down too far. but if the price is up, maybe we can use only 0.01btc or less to withdraw that amount. bitcoin user is not just some people with big amount in their wallet but there is a lot of people which don't have big amount of bitcoin so they are trying to earn bitcoin and when the price is down, they considered to waiting when the price is increase again. but personally, i am not too care to see the price is up or down, if i want to withdraw, i can directly do it without thinking about the price.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄