Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:16:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Another "HERO" Account HACKED... WTF is going on?  (Read 318 times)
KeyJockey2 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:55:05 AM

Is BitCoinTalk under some kind of hacking onslaught lately or WTF is going on?

I read here about other accounts hacked, especially years-old and "hero" "legendary" etc level accounts but that the legit owners are potentially going to lose them because it's a "low priority" problem for the admins...? ? ? 

WTF?

My own 4-plus year old account "KeyJockey" was hacked last Friday and I only just discovered it today, Sunday.

I sent the message below to Cyrus here, admin, in the HOPE that maybe he will take the time to verify my info in the PM message and clearly SEE that my story is true, I am the actual account owner, and I really WAS hacked!!

Of course, after getting my account back (hope hope) I will take whatever steps they suggest to protect it, i.e. like add a bitcoin address or PGP key to it or whatever is needed.

But srsly this extra stuff should not be necessary to just get MY ACCOUNT BACK.  This forum could just implement 2FA and most problems like this would instantly go way way way down.

Anyway, here's what I sent to Cyrus in PM just now... in case it helps anyone else reading this, in a same situation as me.

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone, anyone, Cyrus or Theymos, or ANYBODY here can help.

-KeyJockey (the REAL one not asshole fucking hacker on my account)

-----

Cyrus:

My 4-plus year old "Hero" Level account "KeyJockey" was hacked last Friday, and the secret phrase and associated email apparently changed so that I cannot get the password reset email now.

Please, please, PLEASE help me regain control of this account as I value it highly and do not want to lose it!!!

Unfortunately, I don't have an associated bitcoin address on it, and even if I did I am not quite sure how to sign a message to prove it... so that kinda won't work for me.

However, there are likely many other ways to prove/verify my story, so I am very hopeful you'll take the time to TRY and HELP me!

The email address on "KeyJockey" was originally and always -redacted-for-public-post- and I *DO* still have control of this email account.

The hacker changed it away from this to "something else" presumably, sometime last Friday in-between my last legitimate post on Oct 13 at 02:52:55 PM and the hacker's first post using my account, on Oct 13 at 10:43:12 PM.

Moreover, this first post of the hacker is written in Turkish, LOL, which I do not speak or read/write at all as you can clearly see from ALL my prior posts over the last 4 years.

I'm certain if you can check the IP address of these posts, all after 10:43pm, that they are very likely NOT coming from my usual IP of (probably) zz.00.zz.00 which should be Comcast near -redacted- in the USA.  This message on my new KeyJockey2 account to you (and last 2 posts on Monero Speculation thread) are likely coming from my same IP address as all the prior KeyJockey posts are probably indicating.

All I need, probably, is a password reset link sent again to my old, original, email address for the KeyJockey account... that is again -redacted-for-public-post-

If you can do that, I hope, I will be able to reset the pw again and lock out the hacker?

Again, please please PLEASE help me... I know it may take a minute or two extra effort to verify the above and BELIEVE my story here, but I really will appreciate it if you can help.

I don't want to lose this account.

Please help.

Thanks.

-KeyJockey (the ORIGINAL not the goddamn hacker on my account Sad )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2937

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:09:27 AM

The account has been unlocked and restored.

KeyJockey2 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:27:48 AM

Wow... YEP... Update here and MAD PROPS to Cyrus for fixing this for me so fast!!!

Excellent work!  Much appreciated man... thanks again.

P.S. Also what do y'all suggest I should do now on my account to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again? And any ETA on when 2FA might be coming to this forum?  That'd go a long way, I think, to solving the issue...
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:40:55 AM

Just a confirming post under original account "KeyJockey" (followup to temp account KeyJockey2) to show that Cyrus indeed fixed this FAST for me.

Great job again, bro... much appreciated  Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:21:50 AM

Well, in my case the problem is still not fixed.

I can tell the admin that what's the email address used in my hacked Dorky account, before the hack (October 11th), but apparently that is not significant.

I can tell the admin what's the hacked account signature, before the hack, including hidden ones, but apparently that is not significant.

I also suggested to them a solution to solve the ongoing hack operation, but they totally ignore it.

They keep saying the one and only way to recover my account is to sign a Beast Mark set-of-numbers message on my forehead, sort of.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:28:29 AM

Hello
I am no expert in computer science, but surely checking the IPs of the account hacked, and the new account created should be enough for admins to see if the person is not lying? If not using a VPN, but most VPN should be known by admins already.

PS: i sometimes post with a VPN but thats because I work in the betting industry, nothing to do with bitcoin.
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:29:14 AM

Nothing was done to send a password reset to my old, original email address, in order for me get the same recovery.

PS: It has absolutely nothing to do with bitcoin for those who can't see.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:35:56 AM

There are members here on the forum where they didn't changed their password even after the database hack wayback around 2015 (not sure) and still it remains not compromised. According to them, they use a password with 15 characters or more with mix alphanumeric (with upper and lower case letters) and symbols. You should try that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: