Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the risk of holding Bitcoin?  (Read 19135 times)
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

Holding bitcoin for a long time is risky in the sense that bitcoin value can be sometimes unpredictable. But as we all know,  every investment endeavor has always a risk involved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:17:49 AM

The risk is that the price could drop drastically if a way better alternative comes out. But since there seems to be a lot of institutional money in Bitcoin such a switch would face heavy resistance.
Few of the risks I would love to add include the attacks from quantum computers which mean that all the new transactions might be hacked by 2027. Holding Bitcoin with online exchanges is a sign of severe risk. Bitcoin should rather be kept in a hardware wallet which is a safe.

Volatility is a major risk for those who just invest to earn super normal profits. In November 2017, a 10% rise in the price was observed in two days. Such is the volatility of the cryptocurrency.
skrtel37

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:24:04 PM

i think there is no risk of holding bitcoin. Because it's safe in your wallet, you cannot loss any amount of bitcoin,So much better to hold your bitcoins.
jjoshua

Activity: 278
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:24:23 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
But I want to know what the biggest risk is to hold Bitcoin?
Biggest risk of holding bitcoin you might lose some money but if you hold it for long term and leave it for months then go back when the price rice up, you can get profit from it. Losing money is a part of investing in cryptocurrency. Because we can't predict if bitcoin will rise or not. Anyway, Holding bitcoin is a roller coaster ride so ride it.
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:25:28 PM

risk o holding bitcoin is high comparing with putting to a bank or buying a real estate or buying gold etc. but bitcoin is much more profitable comparing with most of other alternative investments. so if we want to make good profit we have to take a risk.

turn the page
GelsoAM

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:50:53 PM

The risk in holding bitcoin is the volatility of it because it is very sensitive in news especially FUDs because people get scared because they are thinking when it dumps it close because it's still not regulated in some things.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:58:18 PM

As I said in the title. I was interested in putting my money into Bitcoin because of the ever-increasing price.
Biggest risk of holding bitcoin you might lose some money but if you hold it for long term and leave it for months then go back when the price rice up, you can get profit from it. Losing money is a part of investing in cryptocurrency. Because we can't predict if bitcoin will rise or not. Anyway, Holding bitcoin is a roller coaster ride so ride it.

Like you said earlier , Loosing money is verry normal in investing therfor you cannot call it a risk anymore because it always happen all the time , not just in the form of investing but also in real life or other things. we do also always loose money because we spent that money onto some stufs . We do loose money because thiefs stole it to us. see? loosing money is everywhere and it can always happen to us on our daily life. This world is so cruel and verry risky not just on bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency.
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:03:10 PM

The risk that you are talking about is the volatility of the bitcoin. The price of the bitcoin is always changing, it is really hard to predict what will happen to the price of the bitcoin. You should have characteristics of risk taker for you to be brave on doing bitcoin investment.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

Risk is that you might be hacked and all your bitcoin get stolen. Or bitcoin could drop in price as hard as it now is increasing. But That's not likely at the moment. Bitcoin is going up every day, without falling back. A problem is government's wanting to get their share and start to lay tax on your profits. If that happens and you have to pay income taxes, a price drop will leave you with severe losses.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:53:02 PM

As for me, since holding bitcoin involves money, the risk is automatically money as well. Since bitcoin is volatile and unstable, our holdings our unsure as well. It takes a lot of patience. Also, it is risky because there are chances of being hacked so we must be aware and observant all the time.
Sanjeewa101

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 04:55:00 PM

There are many risk related to cryptocurrency, because it very new technology.
It can be going down immediately for any bad news, regulations of cryptocurrency etc.
Investment should be always afford to lose at any time.
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:08:35 PM

it's about profit and loss there's nothing wrong if you hold Bitcoin because the risk in crypto can disappear instantly in minutes or even seconds. Bitcoin will continue to be targeted for hacking because it has a valuable value to be saved as an asset. the risk will always be in the crypto business but it will be lost when the assets we have high value

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:33:51 PM

it's about profit and loss there's nothing wrong if you hold Bitcoin because the risk in crypto can disappear instantly in minutes or even seconds. Bitcoin will continue to be targeted for hacking because it has a valuable value to be saved as an asset. the risk will always be in the crypto business but it will be lost when the assets we have high value
we know that hackers always target bitcoin as one of its biggest prey, that is the greatest risk, when the bitcoin you have is stolen. we never know what will happen. well, another risk, when you buy bitcoin above $ 10k, and then the price drops below that price. you will panic, and maybe sell in a state of loss.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Kamarah

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:58:03 PM

There is no risk at all if you want to hold your bitcoin in a long term. However, in a short term, nothing can guarantee that the price of bitcoin will go up. It can be back to $1000 or increase up to $12000. Who know, right? THerefore, you need to have understand the risk here and accept it so that you will not be terrified when everything turns into red

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:31:06 AM

Sir, when you invest, you should think about the worst plan. For example, bitcoin will fall to zero. If you can accept it, then please invest boldly. I think this may happen, such as global power outages or wars.
From my beginning I suggest people to buy Bitcoin to settle it as a mode of payment and transactions within seconds but first to let itself knowledgeable person and enter to the market with that enough knowledge. And for an investor I suggest to be patient while investing and selling time so that he or she may be able to use and choose the right time to make profit with Bitcoin.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:37:05 AM

All investors should be aware that investing into something always come with a risk and bitcoin is no exemption. The problem with crypto investors they jump right away with thenidea of gaining profit overnight that is why there are a lot of them crying right now since the market has been going down for 3 months already. If your vision with crypto is long term then you do not have to worry about it as of now but if you are in a hurry to get rich then crypto is not for you.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
Birdiebig

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 11:14:10 AM

Hold is a type of preference and popularity in the investment plan. It's simple but extremely effective on the crypto market. When choosing holdings it means that it will be profitable over time. That problem is solved when you are willing to give up impatience and hurry but instead be patient and psychologically stable in times of market downturn. Seek higher profits if you are aware of the importance of holding.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:43:59 AM

Not only with bitcoin in every investment we have to face risk but when it comes to Bitcoin it has higher risk because there is big price fluctuations. For the people who are holding it for long then they will make pure profit.
There is always risk of everything on here having bitcoins with you in your wallet is still at risk. The most important is to make the risk in right way so you can avoid some risk and some of it can become a lesson for you to grow and learn more not only in holding bitcoin.

When you keep cryptocurrency, it can be hacked. This is one of the risks of holding Bitcoin. Another risk is to miss the right time to sell your BTC coins.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

Yes, you know when investing in something to make a big profit goes to high risk. We never know what will happen when investing in bitcoins, when you buy a low price below $ 8000 then increase you will earn a profit but the bitcoin price is lower than the price you bought, leading to your panic. worry. You have to be patient with the price when it decreases and be knowledgeable about the value of bitcoin when it changes its value.
Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:59:58 PM

Yes, you know when investing in something to make a big profit goes to high risk. We never know what will happen when investing in bitcoins, when you buy a low price below $ 8000 then increase you will earn a profit but the bitcoin price is lower than the price you bought, leading to your panic. worry. You have to be patient with the price when it decreases and be knowledgeable about the value of bitcoin when it changes its value.

It happens that we are all confident in the potential increase in the price of Bitcoin and at the same time increase our investment in the crypto currency. But the market can feel some problems, and you will need money. In this case, you will not get anywhere and will sell coins at the price that is available today.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: