Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Goxed - 15:30 open  (Read 29765 times)
chadqberry

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:49:07 PM

So, I have my account back and I can log into MtGox.  However, all my bitcoins and money is gone.  I had 112 btc before the crash in Gox and only a few cents of cash.  Now, I have double zero balances.  I have emailed every address at MtGox and opened tickets with no replies for days. 
I'm wondering if others are having the same issues as well as what anyone would suggest I try to do about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
saadtariq30

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:52:03 PM

lol i had my antidepressants ready and everything for a fall to around 10$ish...
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:58:01 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2011, 10:22:32 PM by Mark Oates

Alright, since I get cred for calling 14.01 the low price RIGHT before it took off, Here's my assessment:

The flash-mob storm has ended.

It's been trading now for about 4 hours (sortof, but yea).  All of expected open-crash-recover has subsided... and it looks to me like our new standard price is just below ~$16.5 (which is higher than TradeHill was at while MtGox was off, that's a good thing Smiley).

A) Initial crash
B) steady, constant selloff.  Afterwhich there is the attempt to find that low-low price.
C) I called it here
D) Peak.  Attempt to re-crash and cash-out on the high price, but shortly after, that re-crash didn't want to happen.  I think this is the strongest evidence that the new price point is tightening.  This peak is $1 higher than TradeHill at the time.
E) Price finds a seady point.  TradeHill and MtGox are mostly even for almost 30 minutes now (was never matched from A-D) and the trade margins are tightly packed.

I think that if anything diverges from this point on (which could certainly happen), it's not related to the flash-mob.
dinzy

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 09:59:19 PM

What's up with this?

>>Trading working, up to 1 minute delay before order execution.<<

Does that mean Mt Gox is checking every order and manipulates trading?
Don't get it.

Front-running?

or just a delay.
BTC Economist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:00:43 PM

Depth is very low down to about $15...could see a quick fall shortly.  Would take just 1 sale.  Current price is tenous so be careful.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

I think there is still some room for shake-ups as bigger players get in the game.
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:02:40 PM

Mark,

I'd love to believe in the $16.50 pricepoint, but I'm starting to see some large sell orders in the depth market chart appearing in the 16's and a massive sell for 2000+ at the $17 level. Should be interesting.....
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:04:05 PM

Hopefully it's more secure now.
JBDive

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:04:21 PM

What's up with this?

>>Trading working, up to 1 minute delay before order execution.<<

Does that mean Mt Gox is checking every order and manipulates trading?
Don't get it.

Front-running?

or just a delay.

It's to easy for them to be filling orders in the $16-17 range which is where they probably want the price due to rollback statements they made and delaying low ball stuff. Not saying this is happening but it reminds me of playing on the Pink Sheets and watching certain players screwing with the Bid/Ask just to drive the price, not to buy/sell then when they get it where they wanted they would buy/sell.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 10:08:31 PM

Mark,

I'd love to believe in the $16.50 pricepoint, but I'm starting to see some large sell orders in the depth market chart appearing in the 16's and a massive sell for 2000+ at the $17 level. Should be interesting.....

More than a few miners with a weeks stock they need to capitalize for costs.....with that in mind.....can wait until tomorrow see what happens....time for bed.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:11:54 PM

It's to easy for them to be filling orders in the $16-17 range which is where they probably want the price due to rollback statements they made and delaying low ball stuff. Not saying this is happening but it reminds me of playing on the Pink Sheets and watching certain players screwing with the Bid/Ask just to drive the price, not to buy/sell then when they get it where they wanted they would buy/sell.

Better inflate your life preserver, that bridge you are under will get flooded by the rising bitcoin river pretty quickly. Face it, anyone who wanted to bail on Mt.Gox is already long gone, or in the process of transferring a balance. I don't mind someone saying they see a downtrend with some kind of rational thought behind it, but you're just a litany of "SELL SELL SELL" with very little logic behind your claims.

Rigging bid/offers? Are you for real?

Of course the exchange that had massive problems would further alienate their traders by messing with it.. OF COURSE!! (Rolling Eyes.)

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
pindis

Activity: 187

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:15:17 PM

I'm also missing 200 $ + and they were traded 15/6. so they should have arrived, but nope.. And no reply on email too,
Mark Oates

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:16:55 PM

Mark,

Could be.  But at this point I would say the initial mob-flash and the dramatic ranges we wondered about have come to bare.  And by that, I mean we're now back to our regularly scheduled dramatically unpredictable prices.  Tongue
klamathonsite

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 10:17:45 PM

Well looks like they are trading again
But still I have had NO contact with them and account still cant login.
wow after 7 days still FAIL
MadSweeney

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:24:24 PM

Ok, we just had a massive security desaster, all passwords on the biggest exchange were leaked, it was down for a week, lots of BTC were stolen and prices are going UP right back after? Wtf..

Knowing the mind of the Market is a difficult matter. It doesn't post on the forums, and it shows its thoughts only in charts and tickers after the fact.

In hindsight, it shouldn't be surprising that buyers are picking up where they left off in Mt. Gox as if no security breach had happened. They are reluctant to punish but quick to back bitcoin up like the true fanboys that they are. There is also profit to be made quick. They're only too glad Mt. Gox is back and have missed the days of thrilling rallies. They are thinking the Big Gox will only harden in the days to come, even if they curse MagicalTux for making much money again.

JBDive

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:25:53 PM

Better inflate your life preserver, that bridge you are under will get flooded by the rising bitcoin river pretty quickly. Face it, anyone who wanted to bail on Mt.Gox is already long gone, or in the process of transferring a balance. I don't mind someone saying they see a downtrend with some kind of rational thought behind it, but you're just a litany of "SELL SELL SELL" with very little logic behind your claims.

Rigging bid/offers? Are you for real?

Of course the exchange that had massive problems would further alienate their traders by messing with it.. OF COURSE!! (Rolling Eyes.)

Dude I don't care if you sell or not and I have not said one dang thing about selling. I also did not say they were screwing with the market I said it's to easy for them to do that. The best we can do is look at the published Bid/Ask but who is to say that information is valid? After playing in Day Trading for over a year and watching MM's screw with stocks and eat the general player alive I don't trust anyone. I play the game knowing it's likely rigged and if I come out ahead then good for me, if not then I knew going in it was not my home field.

In my opinion with a weeks worth of mining, stalled trades and those rollbacks they said were taking place I saw $12 as very likely from looking at the past movement. I still don't think this has fully leveled out and there are some big orders out there which could take it down a few notches pretty quick. If $14 was the bottom then I missed it, oh well.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:31:01 PM

Dude I don't care if you sell or not and I have not said one dang thing about selling. I also did not say they were screwing with the market I said it's to easy for them to do that. The best we can do is look at the published Bid/Ask but who is to say that information is valid? After playing in Day Trading for over a year and watching MM's screw with stocks and eat the general player alive I don't trust anyone. I play the game knowing it's likely rigged and if I come out ahead then good for me, if not then I knew going in it was not my home field.

In my opinion with a weeks worth of mining, stalled trades and those rollbacks they said were taking place I saw $12 as very likely from looking at the past movement. I still don't think this has fully leveled out and there are some big orders out there which could take it down a few notches pretty quick. If $14 was the bottom then I missed it, oh well.

Oh, I see, so since it's "easy" for them - you imply they are?

Bottom line, you don't trust them - don't use them. It'll save us from your pedantic line of reasoning at the same time, bonus!

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
JBDive

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:55:22 PM

Oh, I see, so since it's "easy" for them - you imply they are?

Bottom line, you don't trust them - don't use them. It'll save us from your pedantic line of reasoning at the same time, bonus!

Markets of all sort are played and toyed with. When you can see the heavily regulated NAZ being manipulated you can only assume unregulated markets are as well or do you really think somebody is willing to drop $18k on 1326.17 shares which is showing right now? All I am saying is I assume the game is rigged and as such I play knowing that.

harik

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:09:16 PM

Depth is very low down to about $15...could see a quick fall shortly.  Would take just 1 sale.  Current price is tenous so be careful.

Depth to $13 is only 6200 BTC.

That's way WAY smaller than the last big selloff.
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:12:08 PM

I'm rather disappointed we didn't see more spectacular fluctuation. I overestimated the general public's compulsion to panic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: