Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why myetherwallet security not strong  (Read 1934 times)
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:08:42 PM

Even if you keep the private key securely, the risk is still there. Do you remember what happened to Instawallet in 2013? For noobs, Instawallet was an online Bitcoin wallet, and it closed down after it was found that google search revealed the private keys to the wallet.

This is a stupid and unfounded comparison. Obviously, you have no idea how MyEtherWallet works and you didn't do any research before posting.
At least bother to read a couple pages of the thread before posting in it. If you are posting just to boost your post count, don't post. If you have no idea what the thread is about, don't post.
It's sad to see high ranking member posts such nonsense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:04:53 AM

I suggest checking the MEW address and always keeping the private key or jason file. some fishing cases become a real threat.
bookmark address mew, i'm satisfied using MEW.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:26:28 AM

The ether wallet is not secure because you not care about it. Do you see MEW's warning to its users?

"MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We can not access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, or reverse transactions." Protect your keys & always check that you are on the correct URL.

That's why you care about it and if you do not do it it's likely that you've hit a phishing site.
Anita1873

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:13:55 AM

Many people complaining of their myetherwallet account compromised and i also got some slack mails to get my data in the name of re-validation of myethwrwallet data but i immediately remove that mail as it was a spam in my opinion. Don't open any mail which ask for your re-validation of any account .

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:27:49 AM

hi,

myetherwallet don't hold or store private keys in the website! if your wallet get hacked:

1- your pc/mac is hacked and haker have acces or remote controle to your pc!

2- you went to a phising website.
trumper

Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:32:07 AM

I don't think it is unsecure, if you click any other my ether wallet links and use it, you can't blame my ether wallet for it. But google authentication would be good.

Tamy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:34:43 AM

Valuable information here.
Thank you for sharing.
Security is very important therefore wallets should be used wisely.
Kidrock2016

Activity: 147
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 06:40:49 AM

MEW says Private Key (Unencrypted). How to encrypt the private key?

The Tip Bot of the Internet - https://tipbot.io/
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:43:24 PM

From some days, my myetherwallet accounts going hacked and i feel, they have to apply any special security feature like google authentication so that only the authentication key holder can access his account because nowadays many slack mails coming and asking for re-validation of eth wallet and get people private key. If any special security feature like google authentication taken for every transaction on wallet, it will not possible for any hacker to get your key or make any transaction from your account.
But why? Problem is not in myetherwallet, problem are users who don't look what sites they are opening.
If they implement 2FA, and you click on phishing site with your private key, how is 2FA going to help you? It won't. Myether wallet is not the only wallet and private keys can be imported everywhere.
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:46:06 AM

It's your own responsibility to not click links or get your computer infected.
MEW is fine as long as you use it wisely.
Yeah i agreed with you , i used MEW for longtime , maybe 5-6 month , but i never clicked not valid link on email.
Because some email will ask our password on other information.
Its depends on you , dont click any email from not trusted sender and check the valid information from your clicked site.
Because too much scam site send to email , If u want more secure , i suggest u to use Trezor or Ledger Wallet (Paid Application).

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:08:16 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion for a wallet that is good for erc20 tokens that are less well known? So good thing about myetherwallet is you can include token codes (so for ICO's etc) that are less well known and use the wallet to receive these tokens.

Other wallets are more user friendly and may be more secure (like exodus is user friendly for example), but all the extra 'new' or less well known tokens are not 'viewable' through these wallets.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:11:04 AM

Like your key has full power to store it. if you are careless then it is your fault.
save your private key safely make sure the link you write is correct.

I hope this helps
christianBALE1

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:40:48 PM

From some days, my myetherwallet accounts going hacked and i feel, they have to apply any special security feature like google authentication so that only the authentication key holder can access his account because nowadays many slack mails coming and asking for re-validation of eth wallet and get people private key. If any special security feature like google authentication taken for every transaction on wallet, it will not possible for any hacker to get your key or make any transaction from your account.

hackers ready to hack bit coin wallets because in the wallets millions of money investing every day so for that most of the people afraid about this site. if developers who are developing to this wallet that persons try to add some security features in the wallet. like otp, sms alert and message and mail like that given good features then no need to feel afraid.
Oo ako to

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:18:53 AM

You just need to ignore any emails that is telling you to update your account or change your password. It's very simple and I don't get why people always blame mew when they got hacked and all their tokens are stolen even if it is their fault in the first place because of their stupidity and carelessness.
numpadxx5

Activity: 431
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 04:22:27 AM

I agreed , well there are many stories about people got hack, because they accidentally copy & paste there private key, but if there will be authentication like you said. I would be a big help for us whose using MEW. Now a day hacker will do everything to get your private key so we should be aware of.
Always check the links , 5x check before entering your private key .
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 05:50:30 AM

It is built for scams, that is the main reason, no 2 factors for email setup or phone verification. trusting this myetherwallet and keeping funds in them is wrong alias.
They are making money, but they don't know how to secure people money means they are worse in nature. I suggest you to never keep funds in them.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:03:59 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 07:13:08 AM by pinoyden

Does anyone have a suggestion for a wallet that is good for erc20 tokens that are less well known? So good thing about myetherwallet is you can include token codes (so for ICO's etc) that are less well known and use the wallet to receive these tokens.

Other wallets are more user friendly and may be more secure (like exodus is user friendly for example), but all the extra 'new' or less well known tokens are not 'viewable' through these wallets.

coinomi is a multi wallet that also supports some erc20 tokens and also theres an option that you can add your own token just like on myetherwallet. i think coinomi is much safer when compared to mew because it has a downloadable client like for example in android o.s though i dont know if coinomi supports other platform like ios and windows, linux, mac but overall coinomi is by far the best multi wallet next to myetherwallet. hands down.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:04:16 AM

Why you saying like this,in my knowledge MEW is one of the best wallets and it is fully secured because we need private key to access the wallets,If your wallets gets hacked then it maybe your faults never store your private key on the online drive or in computer,because there is possibilty to hack your private key if it is stored in online source.
If you still not contented with MEW wallet then better go and buy a hardware it is most secure wallets for crypto currencies.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Arz26

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:41:19 AM

Yes I agree with that one of my friend he is processing for his etherwallet get hacked because of the virus and poor security of account. Should avail ourself of an app-based verification option such as Google Authenticator that can protect etherwallet account.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: