Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asicminer Risk  (Read 651 times)
asdfghj (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:18:34 AM

Hi All,

I was curious what people thought about the risk of buying shares in the Asicminer Passthrough.

In my mind the primary risk is destruction of their infrastructure, but otherwise it seems pretty reliable.  Thoughts?

asdf
BigPimpinSpendinCoins

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 09:22:38 PM

Hi All,

I was curious what people thought about the risk of buying shares in the Asicminer Passthrough.

In my mind the primary risk is destruction of their infrastructure, but otherwise it seems pretty reliable.  Thoughts?

asdf

I split my holdings between btct.co and bitfunder.com in order to avoid trusting a single exchange and passthrough operator with all my shares.  [BitFunder] G.ASICMINER-PT is managed by DeaDTerra, while [BTCT] ASICMINER-PT is managed by burnside.
John818

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 11:40:48 PM

I too have invested in both bitfunder and btc.co and I have to say, my biggest concern is US intervention.  Every aspect of Bitcoin is a risk and there is only so much an individual can do to offset that risk.
Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.  In terms of ASICMINER, I'd say you can't get a safer investment allowing for natural or man-made disasters, and let's face it, we're pretty good at them!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:11:24 AM

Hi All,

asdf

I've been looking into this myself. My big issue is that the break-even point, as of now, is past the 2 year mark. That's a long time to hope nothing bad happens...

Though it's possible that with the recent speed increases they've gotten (at least it looks like it?) that period may be shrinking.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
rolloffacliffpleaseanddie

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:36:04 AM

Do not buy ASICS. Take my advice and not lose money.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 12:40:35 AM

Do not buy ASICS. Take my advice and not lose money.

He wasn't talking about buying an ASIC, but rather investing in ASICMINER stock. Two very different things.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
c33fax

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:15:29 AM

'ASIC' when ever, whatever....  I came close to buying one of the 50G/Hash Butterflylabs asic miners, but.. I believe in paying for something then getting it Smiley

lots of people selling their pre-buy on fleabay though Smiley
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:11:44 AM

I have passthru stocks on Haverlockinvestments.com, get some nice dividends from it. I think its a good investment for the moment until other places start firing up ASICS.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
metamine

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:04:46 AM

The next few months will truly be interesting in terms of difficulty... How far can big-business push it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: