Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pw reset notification  (Read 377 times)
Murloc (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:30:34 AM

I suspect that my password might be compromised so I would have to change it BUT I know that when you have a notification that you've reset your password recently bounty managers usually are not accepting your applications (and you may get neg trust if you change pw and email).
The question is how long will I have this notification in my trust?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Murloc (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:52:41 AM

Negative trust can be removed only by the user who gave you the negative trust. If you have changed your password, inform the bounty managers that you have reset your password.
Then what? should I post the application saying that I've reset my password?

jkumarw

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:57:44 AM

Negative trust can be removed only by the user who gave you the negative trust. If you have changed your password, inform the bounty managers that you have reset your password.
Who is going to give you a negative trust for resetting your password? No one. I have edited my previous post and added one more information. Hope that helps.
Murloc (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:24:46 PM

Who is going to give you a negative trust for resetting your password? No one. I have edited my previous post and added one more information. Hope that helps.

I am not asking about neg trust. Please read a question at the first post

jkumarw

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:40:53 PM

This is how I understood your post. When you reset/change your password, your profile shows that you have changed your password recently and because of this bounty managers are not accepting your applications. Your question is how long this trust status would show that the password was recently changed. I don't have an answer for the duration it takes to have the notification removed. I posted what you can do in the meantime while it shows that your password was reset.
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:42:56 PM

Regarding your statement that bounty manager won't accept compromised account into bounty program...

As far as I know, the person that hacked my account and changed both email and password just recently is still accepted by the bounty manager into the bounty program.

Don't believe? Check the hacked account out here at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=180234
Both email and password are recently changed.
I even gave negative trust on that hacked account.
But still the account is accepted into Genesis Vision's bounty program.

Because of this, I question the credibility of this Genesis Vision and the ICO it is currently running.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:48:16 PM

I suspect that my password might be compromised so I would have to change it BUT I know that when you have a notification that you've reset your password recently bounty managers usually are not accepting your applications (and you may get neg trust if you change pw and email).
The question is how long will I have this notification in my trust?
Don't worry about it, just make sure you have posted your address, or even better a signed message before changing your password. I have just changed my password and email because of the recent wave of hacks and I'm not worried about anything. I haven't changed my campaign address and i'm not planning to. I also have access to my posted addresses and can sign a message if needed.

Murloc (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:25:26 PM

Don't worry about it, just make sure you have posted your address, or even better a signed message before changing your password. I have just changed my password and email because of the recent wave of hacks and I'm not worried about anything. I haven't changed my campaign address and i'm not planning to. I also have access to my posted addresses and can sign a message if needed.
Where can I find more information about those digital signatures? I've seen people using them but still don't know how it works.
I've just seen people saying that password change warning remains for weeks in trust so it seems like I have to ensure my safe before performing any actions.

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 11:07:20 PM

Where can I find more information about those digital signatures? I've seen people using them but still don't know how it works.
I've just seen people saying that password change warning remains for weeks in trust so it seems like I have to ensure my safe before performing any actions.

Shorena has a great guide about signing messages, which I recommend reading. Basically what you do is stake an address from a wallet that you control that can sign a message, and then it can be used to prove your identity and that you weren't hacked.

For example, I staked the address 1DarkStrRagcDjWtsPGxkav4WG3poLXzDS here. I can sign a message with it:

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'm still DarkStar_! 2017-10-16
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1DarkStrRagcDjWtsPGxkav4WG3poLXzDS
Gxn+owaR42xDtYEOvMOVfrbZueo2iNS0mzNluPuyLPH+HZa2hYL7PFyIaqV6XNFtqGULcwKjyZAOPF+cip+QKgc=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Only the person with the private key to the address can sign a message from it, so it is reasonable to assume that I'm still me. You can then verify the message to make sure it is legit.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Murloc (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:55:33 AM

UPD: Maybe this is gona be usefull for someone.
It seems like I've found an answer for my question by myself. The password reset notification disappears after you are ranking up. I'm not 100% sure about that so pls correct me if I'm wrong.

STEVEN 777

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:59:07 AM

change it from your account

you will see reset password in black word and small

if you change throw email will get Big words and orange color
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: