Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why would russian government sponsor true philisophical libertarian propaganda?  (Read 3421 times)
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:45:55 PM

here is link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzDUCb1WlEM

title: 'Taxation is legalized form of robbery'

why would the russian government pay for the creation of this? seems a bit strange that they would sponsor the creation of anti taxation propaganda when they themselves collect taxes and the news agency its self is funded by taxation.

oh source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_%28TV_network%29

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 02:22:16 PM

That's like asking why establishment republicans hijacked the tea party movement.
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 02:36:01 PM

That's like asking why establishment republicans hijacked the tea party movement.

interesting theory. i dont think it will work the same way with libertarians as it did the tea party. most of us are much more zelous than your average tea partyer.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 03:34:35 PM

I think you might be falling into the trap of thinking of a government as a monolithic entity, that has coherent goals and decision-making ability. That is, of course, false, and the actual case is that the government is just a group of people. A group that can be infiltrated.

So, the obvious answer is the same as why CCTV (China's state communication organ) would show V for Vendetta: Someone within the power structure is friendly to libertarian ideas, and have placed themselves where they can do some good by authorizing seditious programming.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:02:06 PM

I know russians. They use libertarian propaganda to destabilize USA society. Russian goals are not libertarian in long terms but you know everything goes for them as a tool of manipulation.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
ktttn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 04:04:49 PM

Russian thought does this sort of thing pretty much all the time.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
Anon136 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 04:33:59 PM

I know russians. They use libertarian propaganda to destabilize USA society. Russian goals are not libertarian in long terms but you know everything goes for them as a tool of manipulation.

So let me see if i understand your theory.

they are threatening the us government with mutually assured destruction by threatening to unleash a libertarian philosophy bomb?

i like this theory!

MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:15:01 PM

they are threatening the us government with mutually assured destruction by threatening to unleash a libertarian philosophy bomb?

i like this theory!
Whole cold war there was a operations by both sides to introduce dissent in enemy population.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 09:17:52 PM

i like this theory!
Whole cold war there was a operations by both sides to introduce dissent in enemy population.
Hmm... Do no actual Russians watch RT?
And if the US came crashing down, and an AnCap society replaced it, wouldn't that kinda spell the doom for Russia, too?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:02:20 AM

I think you might be falling into the trap of thinking of a government as a monolithic entity, that has coherent goals and decision-making ability. That is, of course, false, and the actual case is that the government is just a group of people. A group that can be infiltrated.

So, the obvious answer is the same as why CCTV (China's state communication organ) would show V for Vendetta: Someone within the power structure is friendly to libertarian ideas, and have placed themselves where they can do some good by authorizing seditious programming.

I generally like reading your post, it's interesting that as an anarchist you know more than a lot of statists about how real-world politics work.

As for China, it should also be pointed out that, is there is not a collective self-consciousness for a movie like "V for Vendetta" to provoke repercussions, to the extent that perhaps even the censors failed to get the movie's point. Last time I checked, in Amazon China "1984" was given away on a "buy one get one" basis.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 03:43:03 AM

I generally like reading your post, it's interesting that as an anarchist you know more than a lot of statists about how real-world politics work.
Rather like an atheist knowing the bible (and all it's contradictions) better than a good many Christians.

As for China, it should also be pointed out that, is there is not a collective self-consciousness for a movie like "V for Vendetta" to provoke repercussions, to the extent that perhaps even the censors failed to get the movie's point. Last time I checked, in Amazon China "1984" was given away on a "buy one get one" basis.
I did not know that.

anarchomedia

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 08:26:16 PM

Russians have an interest in annoying americans but I think there is more to it than that;  Russians including many in the government have swung away from the soviet big government mentality and are trying to find their way towards a more freemarket orientated way of doing things.  Ironically Americans including many in the government are swinging away from the small government freemarket mentality and towards a soviet-like big government mentality.  What goes around comes around... 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: