Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin  (Read 3002 times)
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:42:36 AM

I'm a week into this whole bitcoin thing so be easy on me. I wonder why you would ever sell a BTC ... For example: you buy 100 dollars worth of BTC but the price drops drastically. Why would you sell it when its that low? You KNOW it's going to go up again. You could wait a month (for example), the price will be up again. Or am i totally wrong here?
This kind of move is kinda normal this days many traders especially the beginners in this kind of world has no patience in dealing with bitcoins and altcoins they want fast income like in a day or two they all want to be instant millionaire no its not like that you have to wait for the right time to sell your precious coins proper timing is a must.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:55:07 AM

I don't really get why some people who will easily ride on the hype of bitcoin and will also easily believe in FUDs. Don't they just read first about bitcoin's history and how it reached it's price today? The rise and fall of the market is just a normal thing in the cryptoworld and they need to learn the art of hodling for them to survive and earn.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:32:02 AM

Right decision is hold your coins for the future.Whenever the price of bitcoin seems to be dropping,just hold the bitcoin for your future.If you have a capable to save 1 btc ,it is quite enough for the retirement from the regular job.For this reason,I had holding the bitcoin from long period.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:52:27 PM

Yes you are right, people may sell their bitcoin in less value time because may be they think that its price will go more down and will have to face more loss. So they sell them in less value and don't wait for the price rise. But it is profitable to hold the bitcoin when the value is less.
But I think some people need money, so they sell bitcoin and they do not even have any other investments and they do not have any idea that bitcoin is up or down but yes, yes You are also telling the fact that they do not see their gain and losses and sell bitcoin but now the bitcoin earnings are good and are also going to increase.

Yes, selling Bitcoin is a correct choice only when you need fiat urgently. In other cases, it is better to hold all BTC coins and wait when they will go up.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:29:57 PM

Yes you are right, people may sell their bitcoin in less value time because may be they think that its price will go more down and will have to face more loss. So they sell them in less value and don't wait for the price rise. But it is profitable to hold the bitcoin when the value is less.
But I think some people need money, so they sell bitcoin and they do not even have any other investments and they do not have any idea that bitcoin is up or down but yes, yes You are also telling the fact that they do not see their gain and losses and sell bitcoin but now the bitcoin earnings are good and are also going to increase.

Yes, selling Bitcoin is a correct choice only when you need fiat urgently. In other cases, it is better to hold all BTC coins and wait when they will go up.

That's exactly the reason why you should invest only an amount you can either afford to lose or afford to hols for a long time. It shouldn't be something that you're looking to use for the short term because there could.come a time when you'll need it and you're still at a loss.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:45:59 PM

I'm a week into this whole bitcoin thing so be easy on me. I wonder why you would ever sell a BTC ... For example: you buy 100 dollars worth of BTC but the price drops drastically. Why would you sell it when its that low? You KNOW it's going to go up again. You could wait a month (for example), the price will be up again. Or am i totally wrong here?
Everyone must have different needs, so I think they sell Bitcoin when the price goes down maybe they need a sudden need. for that they sell Bitcoin they have.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:54:02 AM

You're totally right. If most of the newcomers will have a mindset like you, then the crash of bitcoin will not be as bad as what we have seen lately because everyone that panic sell their bitcoin contributes to the drastic drop of bitcoin's market price.
But I simply not possible, newcomers are always going to make mistakes they are always going to panic it doesn't matter how much we talked to them that is bad for them to sell when the market is going down they to do it simply because they do not have experience to do otherwise, but eventually if they keep themselves in the market they understand those lessons and will become like us.

most newcomers may indeed panic with a drastic market downturn so most of them want to sell their bitcoins soon because they are too scared to lose much of the market's previous high prices, so most of the newcomers do not understand the current market price. .
And this is because of inexperience, some people have been here for years and they have seen the market crashing down and then pumping up once again, they have seen these cycles in the market and they have seen them in action and they have grown accustomed to them but a newcomer has not seen any of that and when they see the price crashing down they think it is not going to ever recover and that is why they sell.
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:50:30 AM

Everyone must have different needs, so I think they sell Bitcoin when the price goes down maybe they need a sudden need. for that they sell Bitcoin they have.

this is what I do when I need money to buy something for my daily needs and I always sell my bitcoin no matter how much the price. but if I still have money, then I don't have to sell my bitcoin and only hold it until the price increase higher. maybe I will sell my bitcoin so I can buy another bitcoin again at the low price so I can have more bitcoin in my wallet.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:42:23 PM

Many people ask this question when the price of bitcoin decreases and very often give way to panic and in a hurry they sell it, you need only a little patience
There is really no need for them to be patient, I want to believe everyone should be in the right mind to do things, and if they have decided because of their own ignorance sell all that could make them have huge freedom in the long run, then that is pretty much their call and not mine. It is infuriating to see people who all they care about is the quick gains and that are why they make a lot of mistakes.

You only sell a portion of the bitcoin you own does not sell all the assets you have sold in stages. if you sell bitcoin then you will get a better loss if you have bitcoin and if it needs money then it is better
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:33:16 PM

Selling bitcoin at present is not suggested because of the market value.At present the market value of bitcoin is not high .Just hold your coins ,save them in your wallet.Bitcoin price is rising so wait for some more time till it rises more.Patience is all we need to maintain right now.Sell only in extreme cases when you really need money.Some people also sell coins at this time in order buy new coins with the earned money because the price of bitcoin is low at this time so it the recommended to buy new coins so that in future when the prices will rise you can sell them and earn profit from it.
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:38:32 PM

Selling bitcoin at present is not suggested because of the market value.At present the market value of bitcoin is not high .Just hold your coins ,save them in your wallet.Bitcoin price is rising so wait for some more time till it rises more.Patience is all we need to maintain right now.Sell only in extreme cases when you really need money.Some people also sell coins at this time in order buy new coins with the earned money because the price of bitcoin is low at this time so it the recommended to buy new coins so that in future when the prices will rise you can sell them and earn profit from it.

Bitcoin price is not stable. It any time to increase the price. So hold the bitcoin long time and check the market price. It good for the future saving. people will be get more information form bitcoin. Time is important for the future growth. So time to complete the work and process. Now most of the country people hold the bitcoin and wait for the price increase. But before invest check the bitcoin pocess.  This information help to plan to work.
financialgoal

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

People who does the selling are those who are new in trading they do not know what they will do when they see their money dropping so they sell it because they are afraid that they might lose more. It's called panic selling eventually they will learn from their mistakes and will start holding their bitcoin.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:21:36 AM

They selling their bitcoin because they need money or debt but not at all. The others is panic seller they don't think that bitcoin may rise again if they hold it longer. Buying and selling is a business so make your strategy and set goal. I know setting goal is very easy to say but not easy to do, more careful to your action and your emotion.
Those who are panic selling will eventually regret it at some point. I would rather panic sell at the top like I did last year when everything was becoming too good to be true than panic selling at the bottom when the value of bitcoin is also becoming too good to be true which would prompt me to start loading up. I did not even expect bitcoin to get to $6000 but I was still prepared for anything and that was a sweet buy for me.
Selling Bitcoin in  this stage is not a good idea at all but as the value has increased and is around 9.4 thousand dollar then an investor with investment in low market can get benefit from it when sellout at this market price. However if I were among the investors I would hold it and would wait for the right opportunity to decide to sellout at higher price for which one invests.
nebiki

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:21:24 PM

Right decision is hold your coins for the future.Whenever the price of bitcoin seems to be dropping,just hold the bitcoin for your future.If you have a capable to save 1 btc ,it is quite enough for the retirement from the regular job.For this reason,I had holding the bitcoin from long period.
and I also like you, rather than selling bitcoins today I'd better save for long-term investments, because I'm sure by storing bitcoin in the long run it's a great opportunity to earn huge profits that exist and can make savings for the future also if you want to store bitcoin in the long run

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:11:44 AM

You are not wrong, but what happens is that there are many people that simply do not have the patience to hold bitcoin they thought that they were going to get big profits in the short term only to realize that they made a miscalculation and that now they need to hold for the long term, and since they are not ready for that they sell for a bad price.
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:18:09 AM

You are not wrong, but what happens is that there are many people that simply do not have the patience to hold bitcoin they thought that they were going to get big profits in the short term only to realize that they made a miscalculation and that now they need to hold for the long term, and since they are not ready for that they sell for a bad price.

besides that, I see that many of us are using the money which we use for our daily needs so if they really need their money, they can sell it without looking how much the price now. they are selling their bitcoin because they want to make money from bitcoin but sometimes they don't look at the price now and they are panic to see the price is going to down and some of us is making a mistake to sell it too soon.
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:31:47 PM

Do not panic, and do not sell your bitcoin for a low price. If you look at the bitcoin price chart, you can see that price changes, bitcoin may fall and can also increase again. So, just hold bitcoin for a while and you will get a profit in the investment.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:47:08 PM

I don't understand why other people will choose to sell even though they are aware that the price is still low. The only thing they are going to get are losses. Instead of selling due to fear of losing, it's always suggested to hold your bitcoin for a while, until the price go back up again.
One of the reasons of why that happens is that panic has taken over them, they are no longer thinking in a logical way, they are letting their emotions getting in the way and once you do that you have already lost control over yourself and your money, this is why one of the most common advices is to always control your emotions when you are trading or investing.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:23:57 PM

this is what I do when I need money to buy something for my daily needs and I always sell my bitcoin no matter how much the price. but if I still have money, then I don't have to sell my bitcoin and only hold it until the price increase higher. maybe I will sell my bitcoin so I can buy another bitcoin again at the low price so I can have more bitcoin in my wallet.

Thank God, I did not sell my Bitcoins when the market was on the bottom. Now I am waiting for the BTC price growth. If I need the money, I'd better lend it.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:16:29 PM

Thank God, I did not sell my Bitcoins when the market was on the bottom. Now I am waiting for the BTC price growth. If I need the money, I'd better lend it.
Stop selling Bitcoin and do not look back because the market favors the increase trend and even those who had invested in the start of the year 2018 also want to invest more. They know that the market is still achievable and if they double their investment then the profit will become double the sum as the price is increasing soon and the high market will cover the sky.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: