Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Bancor?  (Read 166 times)
skurtsil (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

The Bancor protocol is a platform to help create smart coins and give these coins liquidity and asynchronous price discovery. It allows users to create smart coins which can be traded for other crypto coins right away. There is no need to look for a buyer or seller who has a matching need. Also, it lets new coins to be traded right when they are created. New coin creators don’t have to wait for them to be listed on an exchange and an interest in their coin to be generated. Bancor is paving the way for smart coin exchange.

Continue Reading:
https://www.tokens24.com/cryptopedia/coin-guides/what-is-bancor
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brendongl

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:23:30 PM

That is a great article thanks for sharing.
Also for those that didn't know. Bancor got voted in as one of the 21 Block Producers of EOS.
There dapp for cross-chain liquidity will be amazing!
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:28:44 PM

This is a very cool place where you can change your coins like BTC for something else, this place is very similar to a stock exchange, but it's hard to call a stock exchange, it seems to me that this is really a very cool place to just exchange.
brendongl

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:30:28 PM

This is a very cool place where you can change your coins like BTC for something else, this place is very similar to a stock exchange, but it's hard to call a stock exchange, it seems to me that this is really a very cool place to just exchange.

I love these farming-accounts who literally just say words....lol
BTC is not available on Bancor.
But there is a Fiat gateway where you can buy with a credit card!  Grin
viva95

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:48:32 PM

Indeed Bancor is very convenient thing for me and I think that it's one the best place for exchange because of it's pricing algorithm and continuous liquidity. I think that over time Bancor could very well be a central figure for exchanging locally-effective tokens
MrsBlockchain

Activity: 15
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:34:10 PM

Indeed Bancor is very convenient thing for me and I think that it's one the best place for exchange because of it's pricing algorithm and continuous liquidity. I think that over time Bancor could very well be a central figure for exchanging locally-effective tokens

I agree, atomic swaps are the future! Cool
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

Bancor is one of the exchanges with a unique way to trading. You dont need to put your price in the order book.
Just follow the price there, and it will give you the appropriate amount of what you submit.
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:01:38 PM

I don't know how bancor works because it's quite complicated.
Bancor's trading liquidity is also thin.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Ozkhan

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:12:02 PM

The Bancor protocol is a platform to help create smart coins and give these coins liquidity and asynchronous price discovery. It allows users to create smart coins which can be traded for other crypto coins right away. There is no need to look for a buyer or seller who has a matching need. Also, it lets new coins to be traded right when they are created. New coin creators don’t have to wait for them to be listed on an exchange and an interest in their coin to be generated. Bancor is paving the way for smart coin exchange.

Continue Reading:
The Bancor Protocol is a standard for designing digital currencies, called smart tokens, with the embedded automatic convertibility directly through smart contracts, serving as decentralized, autonomous, and reliable market makers.
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:15:19 PM

No it's simple to trade there because it will automaticall convert coins to another coin you don't have to wait for buyer but what i dont like on bancor is the fees.

SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:22:02 PM

No it's simple to trade there because it will automaticall convert coins to another coin you don't have to wait for buyer but what i dont like on bancor is the fees.
Fee to convert coins is expensive than other crypto exchange. It depends the gas limit but the fee is like bitcoin sometimes it is almost 8$ fee for 1 convert coins into other coins. But I am not doubt, It is very easy to convert any coins listed there. I wish one day the fee on bancor will be decrease.
brendongl

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:30:49 PM

The fees are purely on the smart contract side of things aka gas fees.
When the ethereum network upgrades, these fees will be drastically reduced.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:34:06 PM

for more info you can get in their announcement thread here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1789222.0

you can also discuss with fellow holder or bancor community there.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

Bancor likes to call itself "Decentralized Liquidity Pool" and that's the main feature. Quickly convert your tokens to another tokens without having to worry about registrations, KYC or wait times. Products like Bancor provide ease of use and better user experience, especially for new crypto users.

Btcallans

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:44:27 PM

Bancor was an open-source protocol for automated token conversions. The Bancor Wallet allows users to purchase tokens with any major credit or debit card and instantly convert them to any token in the Bancor Network, including heavily-traded coins like Ether and EOS.
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:45:52 PM

for more info you can get in their announcement thread here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1789222.0

you can also discuss with fellow holder or bancor community there.

thanks for the link to the official thread. there you can find
all relevant information and the question should be answered  Smiley
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:20:56 PM

Continue Reading:

This is a great article! Thankyou for sharing about this. Only i know is bancor is a kind of exchanges with unique way of trading here in crypto. Well i guess? I gain new  informations and knowledge about this topic by reading this article.

PeterCarlos

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:50:35 AM

Continue Reading:

UPDATE!!! In addition, More than a dozen new tokens are live and instantly convertible on the Bancor Network, bringing the total number of active tokens to 42!
Newly active tokens include: Swarm Fund (SWM)
Tron (TRX)
Status (SNT)
EOS (EOS)
DomRaider (DRT)
CanYa (CAN)
WandX (WAND)
AidCoin (AID)
Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Request Network (REQ)
BLOCKv (VEE)
Better Betting (BETR)
Sharpe Capital (SHP)
macshad

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:37:28 PM

Continue Reading:
This bancor protocol is quite complicated and i dont know how it works can you please give me more details
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: