Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minerwarez official Canaan Distributor  (Read 6309 times)
gurugarzah

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:20:03 PM

Still haven’t heard anything from MinerWarez NOTHING. They’re not replying to my emails.

Steven Mosher hasn’t replied to me yet. I did tweet him asking for assistance he stated “email”
I’ve emailed him about 4 times in the last two weeks.

Again last night.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

Still haven’t heard anything from MinerWarez NOTHING. They’re not replying to my emails.

Steven Mosher hasn’t replied to me yet. I did tweet him asking for assistance he stated “email”

Again last night.

I have a very bad feeling about minerwarez. I think Canaan is OK, but I won't use this distributor.
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:15:53 PM

Yes this very strange and now with information of a new US Distributor being added, i wonder if minerwarez is being replaced all together. Seems very odd, but i have read that people have had issues including shipping and getting badly used miners sent to them from minerwarez. Like running in a barn bad.
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:20:49 PM

Yes this very strange and now with information of a new US Distributor being added, i wonder if minerwarez is being replaced all together. Seems very odd, but i have read that people have had issues including shipping and getting badly used miners sent to them from minerwarez. Like running in a barn bad.

I’d take running in a barn at this point.

But yeah, if the miner warez guy really runs his own mining farm / data center.

There might be reason to suspect foul play.

All I know is that they’ve had my Money since October 25th and they haven’t answered a single one of my questions.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:23:11 PM

Minerwarez does have a farm but it is very clean and if miners were running in there you would certainly not receive them filled with gunk.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
CryptoHodler30

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

yeah that is crazy. Obviously keep trying to reach Steven... I decided to purchase from Cryptouniverse.at in Austria because i had a feeling i wasnt going to be able to get one from Blokforge since they always announce their pre-orders. I happened to check on the EU distro page and they had one in stock and decided to pull the trigger back on the 18th i believe, it is currently being shipped. Only thing was that the shipping fees were high to i paid about 175 bucks more than blokforge and i also will have to pay 50 or so in duty.
CryptoHodler30

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:26:22 PM

Minerwarez does have a farm but it is very clean and if miners were running in there you would certainly not receive them filled with gunk.

I was just sharing information i have read on this forum about people complaining. I do know that minerwarez sells "new" and "used" miners and i dont know which if these people bought either or.
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:27:29 PM

I was just sharing information i have read on this forum about people complaining. I do know that minerwarez sells "new" and "used" miners and i dont know which if these people bought either or.

Again last night.

I have a very bad feeling about minerwarez. I think Canaan is OK, but I won't use this distributor.

Well when I ordered them they were the only North America Distributor on their site.
Blokforge came later, and I’ve already received better support from Nick at Blokforge and I hadn’t even ordered anything yet.

gurugarzah

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:55:18 PM

I guess the foul play I was suggesting as suspect is that since the price of the miners have skyrocketed since I ordered them he’s running them at his data center and screwing the customers. Offering “discounted 821s” in another 1/4 year
baldhead94

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:45:53 PM

for Canaan, Steve helped me for a order made in july, finaly received in september, it was for a single 741, just before they stop shipping small order.
For Minerwarez, the late november batch was only delayed a few days, and they provide a very good support for importation process.
It's easy to say, but don't behave like me in august, while I was thinking that I was the victim of a scam, keep in mind that in that period lot of people are on holidays, and I hope that the difficulties you face will disappear as soon as possible !
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:07:17 PM

for Canaan, Steve helped me for a order made in july, finaly received in september, it was for a single 741, just before they stop shipping small order.
For Minerwarez, the late november batch was only delayed a few days, and they provide a very good support for importation process.
It's easy to say, but don't behave like me in august, while I was thinking that I was the victim of a scam, keep in mind that in that period lot of people are on holidays, and I hope that the difficulties you face will disappear as soon as possible !

Thanks man I appreciate that. I am believing for the best.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:44:25 PM

Yeah this whole thing is super sketchy, I ordered some 741s from the December 28th batch back in November, heard nothing until December 19th when they sent an email saying they were "very sorry", supply issues yada yada, but they would still be fulfilling the orders late and giving us $100 coupons towards 841s to make up for it. I was mostly OK with that.

Then the next communication we get on 2nd Jan saying "GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! Canaan really stepped up!"...only the news wasn't great at all, it basically said our orders that were paid in full are now considered "deposits" towards 841s and we had until Jan 15th to decide if we wanted to take advantage of this fantastic once in a life time chance to upgrade to the 841 at an unspecified "discount price" for a "projected" March delivery, with payment for this nebulous offer to be made in full by Jan 30th. I mean I might even be tempted to take their deal, but how can we make a decision when they haven't told us what the cost to "upgrade" from our "deposit" is?

To me it smells like they decided they sold the December 741s too cheap ($898+delivery) after the Bitcoin price exploded so decided to keep them or sell through alternative channels and cry supply issues, and now they are lining us up for miners which will undoubtedly cost at least 3x what we paid for the 741s as a way of covering their asses by "doing the right thing".

Have you managed to get in contact with them yesterday? I found a phone number for them through Amex, the lady who answered sounded very surprised that I hd called and said they could not help as they were just an "affiliated company" - and gave me an alternative number to call, which went through to Salcedo Enterprises LLC (Nevada). I did press her to tell me how they were affiliated and she said "common owners". Haven't had any luck getting in touch with anyone otherwise

https://www.nevada-register.com/1283672-salcedo-enterprises-llc

Amex provided telephone number: 509-884-6868
Number provided by person who answered Amex provided number: 833-725-2436

bitcoininsanity

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:03:23 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 10:16:24 PM by bitcoininsanity

Yeah this whole thing is super sketchy, I ordered some 741s from the December 28th batch back in November, heard nothing until December 19th when they sent an email saying they were "very sorry", supply issues yada yada, but they would still be fulfilling the orders late and giving us $100 coupons towards 841s to make up for it. I was mostly OK with that.

Then the next communication we get on 2nd Jan saying "GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! Canaan really stepped up!"...only the news wasn't great at all, it basically said our orders that were paid in full are now considered "deposits" towards 841s and we had until Jan 15th to decide if we wanted to take advantage of this fantastic once in a life time chance to upgrade to the 841 at an unspecified "discount price" for a "projected" March delivery, with payment for this nebulous offer to be made in full by Jan 30th. I mean I might even be tempted to take their deal, but how can we make a decision when they haven't told us what the cost to "upgrade" from our "deposit" is?

To me it smells like they decided they sold the December 741s too cheap ($898+delivery) after the Bitcoin price exploded so decided to keep them or sell through alternative channels and cry supply issues, and now they are lining us up for miners which will undoubtedly cost at least 3x what we paid for the 741s as a way of covering their asses by "doing the right thing".

Have you managed to get in contact with them yesterday? I found a phone number for them through Amex, the lady who answered sounded very surprised that I hd called and said they could not help as they were just an "affiliated company" - and gave me an alternative number to call, which went through to Salcedo Enterprises LLC (Nevada). I did press her to tell me how they were affiliated and she said "common owners". Haven't had any luck getting in touch with anyone otherwise

Sounds like they oversold, i.e. sold more units they could deliver. Ask for refund. Don't accept any silly coupons.
gurugarzah

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:49:17 PM

So did you get a refund? I know this is so much bullshit I might just have to go with Bitmain.
March? Lol! I paid in October!
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:17:58 PM

So did you get a refund? I know this is so much bullshit I might just have to go with Bitmain.
March? Lol! I paid in October!

Same, and no luck on getting either a price on the 841 or a refund. Sad

I'll wait until the 15th, if they haven't gotten back to me by then I guess I'll have to go to my credit card company. Sigh.
branco

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:36:06 PM

I just got an email from minerwarez. they say the price is $2898 each.
so, I bought (2) A741 for $1600 total and they are 7.3TH x 2 = 14.6 TH.
Now I have to pay $2898 for one A821 that gives you only 11 TH.
WTF is this?? we shlould sue them for holding our money and use it.

copy of the emal:
Avalon 821 Purchase update for unfilled December orders:
Thank you again for your patience and understanding.  Canaan has made this special allotment available and, as communicated, this offer is available only for the number of miners previously paid for (i.e. for each Avalon 741 unit ordered, paid for, and not filled in December, customers can order one unit at the discounted rate).
The orders will be sent out in March 2018 and the price per unit is $2,898.00 USD (retail orders will open in April at a higher projected price point).  Customers wishing to order the Avalon 821 will be asked to make full payment by January 31st, 2018.  We look forward to hearing from you by January 15th, 2018.  Any outstanding order not specifying will be refunded for their December 741 order.  All requests for refund will be honored.
Below is the information provided by Canaan Creative for the Avalon 821.  We ask that you remain cordial in your interactions with our staff and with Canaan’s sales team.
Sincerely,
Minerwarez
score1more

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:06 PM

copy of the emal:
Thank you again for your patience and understanding.  Canaan has made this special allotment available and, as communicated, this offer is available only for the number of miners previously paid for (i.e. for each Avalon 741 unit ordered, paid for, and not filled in December, customers can order one unit at the discounted rate).
The orders will be sent out in March 2018 and the price per unit is $2,898.00 USD (retail orders will open in April at a higher projected price point).  Customers wishing to order the Avalon 821 will be asked to make full payment by January 31st, 2018.  We look forward to hearing from you by January 15th, 2018.  Any outstanding order not specifying will be refunded for their December 741 order.  All requests for refund will be honored.
Below is the information provided by Canaan Creative for the Avalon 821.  We ask that you remain cordial in your interactions with our staff and with Canaan’s sales team.
Sincerely,
Minerwarez

Let your money speak for you.  Just get a refund.  I guarantee if the situation reversed itself and the cost of miners was lower than what you paid, you wouldn't get a refund for the difference.  I really despise preordering gear after going through the Butterfly Labs fiasco.

I'd rather pay a premium for something in hand than put money on a future purchase.  They're essentially selling mining "futures" that only pays one way (pays them).
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:59 PM

Very stupid and knee-jerk comment as they have clearly said you can get a full refund if you want it. You *do* realize that taking the legal route for this is pointless because of the full refund offer, right? Have fun finding a lawyer who would represent ya...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
CryptoSouth

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:22:37 PM

copy of the emal:
Thank you again for your patience and understanding.  Canaan has made this special allotment available and, as communicated, this offer is available only for the number of miners previously paid for (i.e. for each Avalon 741 unit ordered, paid for, and not filled in December, customers can order one unit at the discounted rate).
The orders will be sent out in March 2018 and the price per unit is $2,898.00 USD (retail orders will open in April at a higher projected price point).  Customers wishing to order the Avalon 821 will be asked to make full payment by January 31st, 2018.  We look forward to hearing from you by January 15th, 2018.  Any outstanding order not specifying will be refunded for their December 741 order.  All requests for refund will be honored.
Below is the information provided by Canaan Creative for the Avalon 821.  We ask that you remain cordial in your interactions with our staff and with Canaan’s sales team.
Sincerely,
Minerwarez

I just got the same email and I am pissed.   I paid them .39 BTC total for 3 units and they will not refund my .39 they will only give me todays exchange rate..

Now they want me to pay them another 6k to get the 821 units..   That is over triple the price I paid them for the original units yet not even double the hash power..   

In my eyes MinerWarez is a fraud point blank!!!!! 

I am going to tell them to refund my money and the next batch of miners I purchase will be 841s and directly from Canaan. Until the point that the 841 is released I will run what I have purchased from my unofficial vendor who in fact just got a shipment of 160 in yesterday.

For all those who feel the need to comment about the fact that I have purchased from an unofficial vendor save your breath and shove your comments..  Here is a photo of the units we picked up 10 days or so ago..

https://image.ibb.co/hhKK46/Miners_001.jpg
score1more

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:27:23 PM

I just got the same email and I am pissed.   I paid them .39 BTC total for 3 units and they will not refund my .39 they will only give me todays exchange rate..

Now they want me to pay them another 6k to get the 821 units..   That is over triple the price I paid them for the original units yet not even double the hash power..   

In my eyes MinerWarez is a fraud point blank!!!!! 

I am going to tell them to refund my money and the next batch of miners I purchase will be 841s and directly from Canaan. Until the point that the 841 is released I will run what I have purchased from my unofficial vendor who in fact just got a shipment of 160 in yesterday.

For all those who feel the need to comment about the fact that I have purchased from an unofficial vendor save your breath and shove your comments..  Here is a photo of the units we picked up 10 days or so ago..

https://image.ibb.co/hhKK46/Miners_001.jpg

I'm not sure if Canaan or Minerwarez is being shady.  Either way, there's some fuckery afoot!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: