Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bed and Breakfast Travel Project  (Read 1687 times)
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 02:08:20 PM

While booking for a family room weeks ago, I was really surprised to know that bitcoin payment may already be made in online booking sites (expedia and booking.com). While I see the benefit of advocating for the use of bitcoin in already existing entities, I am really looking forward to know how this business model will soon work. Thanks for sharing this. Will follow this thread to learn more!

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ValoremFoundation

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

Valorem Foundation

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 05:16:21 PM

Sounds like an interesting project, but whats to stop Airbnb/Booking.com from just allowing people to pay with BTC/ETH?

¯  ¯   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ¯  ¯
www.AdValorem.io
Building a Reserve Lending platform for Multi-Party transactions across Various Industries.
|| Facebook || Twitter || Slack || Medium || Telegram || Reddit || Github
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:26:01 AM

Sounds like an interesting project, but whats to stop Airbnb/Booking.com from just allowing people to pay with BTC/ETH?
there's no stopping them, but is it a bad idea/news if they adopt crypto payment?
because if you read closely OP post, you will see that is one of his goals
growing the use of btc for real life legit business transactions
as of now btc mainly used for online/digital business transactions
The goal is to stay legit and just give the opportunity for the btc to grow,
Because if this place works, more restaurants, more hotels, more places will start accepting the bitcoin around the world,

ValoremFoundation

Activity: 383

Valorem Foundation

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:35:04 PM

there's no stopping them, but is it a bad idea/news if they adopt crypto payment?
because if you read closely OP post, you will see that is one of his goals
growing the use of btc for real life legit business transactions
as of now btc mainly used for online/digital business transactions
The goal is to stay legit and just give the opportunity for the btc to grow,
Because if this place works, more restaurants, more hotels, more places will start accepting the bitcoin around the world,
Why would it be bad news for Airbnb to adopt crypto? I think it would be good news for both. Unfortunately. they can't just do it like this. They will have to integrate too much to do a blockchain. But to accept payments? that's easy.

¯  ¯   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ¯  ¯
www.AdValorem.io
Building a Reserve Lending platform for Multi-Party transactions across Various Industries.
|| Facebook || Twitter || Slack || Medium || Telegram || Reddit || Github
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 06:47:15 PM

@Crumple Cat

Thanks a lot dude for those words, again it's really nice to heard that Smiley about the design, I design a little bit, I'll try to do some things, but as MVP, I'll maybe not really focus on this for the moment,
but really more in the features and the system for people be able to manage, I think first we need a solid product who works great without misunderstanding from people who will use it, and after focus on the beauty,
of course the UI/UX will be present on the first MVP but not as it could be at final stage Wink
Thanks for the link I'll check this out as soon as possible Smiley

I agree with you of course, at this stage, don't over-work on this. Everything just should be pleasant and harmonious even if it's MVP. In such cases it is better to do everything simply and minimally using nice templates. Well, I'm looking forward to the first version Smiley

CoinKnight (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:06:57 PM

@btc_enigma

Thanks a lot for your interest in our project ; Cheesy like I said, it just motivate us to work harder each day Smiley

@m.vina

Thanks a lot to follow the project Smiley welcome ! Smiley
Don't hesitate to share you ideas Smiley

@Thirdspace

Thanks a lot dude, I see that you take each details of the project, that's really cool to see people are focus even on little details Smiley
That's exactly our idea behind the project, to be more specific, it's to allow people to buy more bitcoins and invest, as they now that they can even use small portions to do everything everyday like in real money,
It will cut the people who keep their coins like gold and don't use it, we need the bitcoin to move from people to people, more we have per day, more the currency will get stable,
Thanks dude so much !

@Crumple Cat

Dude I see you are motivated Cheesy , please don't hesitate to send me your country by PM or even here,
By this way I'll try to add you as one of the members who can add also some business to it  Cool

@ValoremFoundation

Dude  Wink I don't care about other companies, we don't have to live thinking about others life, specially in Bitcoin, my goal is not to make an Airbnb and take money from people just to keep people be able to exchange messages,
Our goal is to build a place where people can show their business and add systems like inside shops, inside bookings etc.. for all the users who uses Bitcoin be able to know when they travel ( or not ) where they can get food, museums, hotels, appartements etc.. with Bitcoin or Altcoins,
Airbnb is taking a lot of fees, making people doing appartements like hotels etc.. and their system with "Super Host" the reviews system and also kicking the ability to modest people to have a flat inside of big cities,
That's why in the beginning I've asked what you think we should do about this, and with our team, we think that we are going to help the hotels, if hotels propose a lowest price in bitcoin, with some extras that you can pay directly in bitcoin, people tour, etc they will get more customers, and will release the Airbnb pression,
Thanks a lot for your interest I hope it will show our state of mind actually Wink
Cheers

@Thirdspace

Thanks to have answer Smiley I've just pointed this feature has we will allow some places for rent, but that's not the main goal of our project,
thanks to have understood it Smiley great dude

@All  -- UPDATES ON THE PROJECT --

We are starting EU now, has it's less exposed than US, it will be easier for us after to have some support team to take care of adding projects by the time it grows, and for us to focus on US,
- We have added 40 business in the city of Paris ( We will start here, has we know a little bit Ledger and LaMaisonDuBitcoin and they are helping us on getting a clean and good database )
It's very hard, because the businesses have sometimes no pictures, no websites, etc.. so we are trying to get the most clean infos possible for people have a nice UX

Coming Next Week :

- Adding the feature "Claim your business" on the ads we already made
- Adding the online booking system for hotels and restaurants
- Adding a blog for tips and learn about travelling with bitcoins around the world
- Adding the first security level to the website, customers accounts, business acounts

- If you are from a big city in EU (France,Spain,Portugal), or NYC (Will be later), let us know by PM or even here, we will need some help to start there first

engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:46:54 AM

I agree and happy with this project, because we can easier to traveling by using bitcoin this is, our actions we have come to the hotel and other tourist areas. we love discount or pieces.

That's right, that's one thing the OP is aiming for, but I think it's not an easy project to implement as there are still many governments that do not accept bitcoin. It is a huge obstacle.

Indeed. But I think majority of countries who is known for their tourist spot is accepting bitcoins now. 

[
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:38:31 PM

Dude I see you are motivated  , please don't hesitate to send me your country by PM or even here,
By this way I'll try to add you as one of the members who can add also some business to it

Yes, I like your concept, but while I don't see your site, your positioning, your team, it's difficult for me to determine whether this corresponds to my imagination about you and your project.

And I think the ability to add new objects should be for all users, possibly with your moderation.
My home is Twitter, dude Wink

Forward_Thinking

Activity: 155
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:55:53 AM

I think that for now if you want to book something using crypto then the best way to do it is to use a cryptocard on already existing services like  airbnb or booking com. If you want to pay directly in crypto then it will decrees the general amount of supply on the booking market.

How do those cards work? Any idea what kinds of fees they charge to the user, or to the seller?
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:17:04 AM

Amazing project...
That's a good way of publicity of Bitcoin if your project will be able to support these service then people will be able to make use Bitcoin while they travelling. Basically, while we are travelling around the world then we are facing some sort of problems like paying the hotel bill, Food and others Bills. so your project will be a blessing for Bitcoin holders.
Since Bitcoin is a good way for the payment so that it can help also all the tourist person regarding their needs. they can find the amenities related to the tours and travel purpose which really attracts people to use Bitcoin.

atomictornado

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:31:03 PM

Hello everuone !
I think, it'll be a great idea. It will allow people to learn different cultures and explore the world as a whole! The important thing for this idea, to find someone who would be interested in promoting this.
selfxcoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:15:41 PM

Hey dude its really good project I hope you will succeed
Reviter01

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:20:40 PM

This is a really good opportunity for you and Bitcoin to become popular. Because a lot people wants to eat and travel. Haha. Goodluck on your project.
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:32:38 PM

This is an interesting idea, however, there are a few huge issues that would need to be resolved before it could become popular. One of the major issues with Airbnb is the customer server. How do you plan on doing customer service with a blockchain? Imagine for example, someone books a room and then they damage the room. There is no such thing as a "hold" on blockchains so you wouldn't be able to get reimbursement for damages. The same thing goes with refunds when booking something that turns out poorly. For example, when you take an Uber and the driver gets in an accident, Uber will refund the trip. You can't do that with a blockchain. There needs to be some way to inject customer service into an idea like this before it becomes mainstream. There are just too many issues that arise during a normal trip that a blockchain can't handle. Additionally, the high fees and long transaction times of Bitcoin make it impractical for frequent use.

Have you thought of these issues? What are you thoughts or plans to handle them?
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:43:58 PM

Now cryptocurrency is becoming more popular and more people are getting involved and interested in bitcoins since bitcoin is familiar to people bitcoin can be used to travel and accomodations are provided by accepting bitcoin currencies.There are several sites that provides us to confirm before we reach the destination .So without using physical currency we can travel over the world with the aid of bitcoin without starving .

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
MemberCrypto

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 05:35:22 AM

Just to tell you that the project is still going I'll be the manager of this project now

The website is now tested in live and we will release the beta as soon as it works correctly,
We should see an open beta version coming by the next week if all goes well,

Thank you all
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:56:57 AM

Just to tell you that the project is still going I'll be the manager of this project now

The website is now tested in live and we will release the beta as soon as it works correctly,
We should see an open beta version coming by the next week if all goes well,

Thank you all

would you share the url site? very eager to see the implementation on the project ideas.
do you have yet official business relations to hotels, transportations and perhaps tourist places?

scorpionso

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:51:22 PM

idea nice but I'm not really curious on make a payment with cryptos for now. because they have very changable curriences
CryptoView

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 08:22:09 PM

Good idea, a little bit of work in perspective but it could help the cryptos community grow. Many hotels may be a little reluctant to this type of payment but individuals may be interested.
The idea of the BitBackpacker is perhaps the right plan to start and will find an interest parallel to Expedia.
diwataluna

Activity: 224
Merit: 103

0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:55:45 PM

I like this concept because 1) I love to travel, 2) I am from a country focused on tourism, and 3) I am from a country with growing bitcoin (and altcoin) awareness. There is already a bitcoin ATM a few kilometers from me and also a restaurant accepting payment in bitcoin. Whether AirBnB accepts cryptocurrency is beside the matter. Having a complete listing for itineraries is the goal. At least as I understand it from your post. Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: