Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex. What happen?  (Read 1862 times)
NewbCoins (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:31:03 AM

There is lots of users on bittrex exchange, they say their account disabled. no support from bittrex. Cointelegraph says to receive many complaints.

What do you think happen at bittrex right now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:34:32 AM

There is lots of users on bittrex exchange, they say their account disabled. no support from bittrex. Cointelegraph says to receive many complaints.

It's like a sign of mt.gox v2 but i hope i'm wrong. So many scam accusations about bittrex recently here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0, even cointelegraph make an article about it. It's better to not stored many coins on bittrex for now until the problem solved.
kamBlanV

Activity: 441

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:55:08 AM

A few days ago my Bittrex account was also disabled, I do not know what caused it.
Luckily there are no funds stored there so I do not lose.

puvanb

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:56:12 AM

I believe this is not new. Almost everyone advices never to make any exchanges as your storing wallet. Use the exchange only for exchanging. Why does anyone would trust someone else to store their wealth? So many cases we have seen and yet people are still committing the same mistakes over and over again. You have given bittrex the power to act like god of crypto so now they are behaving such way. Take that power away from them they will treat you better. However it is like a new trend these days, no exchange last longer than a certain period of time. I wonder what is actually causing this? Are they investing someone elses coin in something else? mismanagement? poor handling of peoples fund? I have no idea and i am not accusing. I am just wondering, how many exchanges have gone down now. It is time for a trustless exchange. These people controlling exchanges will becoming dinosaurs very soon if they do not improve.
mmmmyah

Activity: 157

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:04:12 AM

Have you tried contacting them? also try posting to reddit
eance

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:07:48 AM

I just withdraw some BTC today. No problem so far
Pasutinmeur

Activity: 302

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:08:23 AM

The bittrex exchange already turned into the shady exchange as fuck because my account already disabled and i already contacted the support and i got nothing from there.
This just like polo v2 because there is a lot of complaints.
What the hell already happened with bittrex.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
hodler1293

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:19:27 AM

afraid to log into my account....there must be a reason why they are doing that...
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:23:42 AM

Most exchange will keep cover their problem from users, but they will take action to solve the problem. We don't have to panic about it, because that's the risk and also will give us experience about how good the exchanger?. We need to prepare if the worst thing happen ( scam ) and that's why we need more than one place ( exchanger ) to support our activity. Keep patience and try to take our fund to protect asset we have. Good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:46:24 AM

There might be something they violated on the policies, I have been using bittrex for 2 years but my account is still active now.
I haven't experience any issue with the site so I have not contacted a support once, I just make sure I only use my one IP address so there would be no compromise. Maybe there is a specific reason why it was disabled and once you proved you have not done anything wrong, sure your account will be back.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Schnecke

Activity: 47
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:26:39 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

First they were laughing at us, called us "FUD spreading newbies", now they start to panic...
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:43:57 AM

I think they are planning to limit the withdrawals in order to secure their exchange, some where i read who has more then 1000$ in the account they need to verify their account by submitting the Govt id and Photgraph with the signature below.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:48:28 AM

I think they are planning to limit the withdrawals in order to secure their exchange, some where i read who has more then 1000$ in the account they need to verify their account by submitting the Govt id and Photgraph with the signature below.
This process is already in working if you want higher withdrawals then you surely need to verify your account and its taking  no time I already completed my verification within few minutes and they are also doing some other developments just because of this some issues on but best thing never keep your coins on any exchange just trade and withdraw them for your own safety and money's safety
IcoFilter

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:54:34 PM

No one I have talked with have had their Bittrex account banned/locked
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:39:41 PM

I would be careful with accusations. I still can trade on bittrex, and so can everybody I know who has an account. If they had to leave with million of dollars, they wouldn't do such a half baked attempt.. let's wait some days before jumping to conclusions.
Locking coins for mainteinance yes, they do, and that's annoying, but that's about it.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:40:59 PM

Have you tried contacting them? also try posting to reddit
OP did, but still haven't receive any response yet.

Never heard or know about that. My bittrex account was successfully upgraded and doesn't need to verify ID and photo unless we want to upgrade enchanced level.
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:53:44 PM

They just released an official statement over concerns regarding disabled accounts. Statement is pasted below.

"We would like to address recent reports regarding Bittrex account suspensions.

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect.  We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy.  We ask for patience from our highly valued customers.  As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”
"

jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:42:08 PM

I have seen that on the cointelegraph facebook page and there are thousands of accounts that are disabled surprisingly.

And it's quite odd that they aren't disclosing before what's the real reason behind the closure of many accounts without any reminder or short notice to their traders.

They just released an official statement over concerns regarding disabled accounts. Statement is pasted below.

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex.  More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect.  We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy.  We ask for patience from our highly valued customers.  As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”
"

And that means that thousands of users are just their 0.1 % users which means there's really a lot of users of bittrex.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
NewbCoins (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:52:02 PM

I have seen that on the cointelegraph facebook page and there are thousands of accounts that are disabled surprisingly.

And it's quite odd that they aren't disclosing before what's the real reason behind the closure of many accounts without any reminder or short notice to their traders.

"

And that means that thousands of users are just their 0.1 % users which means there's really a lot of users of bittrex.

or it mean that bittrex exchange is lying.
b4h4mu7

Activity: 337
Merit: 315

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:11:31 PM

The cointelegraph article is strikingly similar to what happened with Boolberry. The coin was trading over 300BTC in daily volume on an uptrend and as soon as it hit 20k Satoshi a delisting notice was triggered. A week prior to that there was a flash crash that dumped from 15k down to 3k just like what was described in the CT article. As soon as the noticed triggered the market crashed. I was wondering who was responsible for the flash dump then when I saw the notice it started to make sense it was them. The cointelegraph article sites a similar strategy with other altcoins.

I joined their slack channel to see if the issue could be resolved instead they ignored my messages and Bittrex-Richie kicked me out of the support channel. Immediately after they gave me the boot, they proceeded to post their delist guidelines on the boolberry thread with a sockpuppet account. No reasoning, no attempt to address whatever concerns they had with the project just a big FU.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.msg21121918#msg21121918

I've always been a bittrex supporter but they way they treated me was completely unprofessional and now they have extended that courtesy to the general cryptocurrency community. The best thing everyone can do is withdraw funds from there and boycott their platform and any company they are associated with. They got to where they were at by having open communication with communities and developers on IRC.. now that they have some volume they basically are saying fuck you to everyone. As a crypto community we should say the same back.

This is very reminiscent of Cryptsy and Mintpal right before they gave everyone the finger.. be safe and get your funds off this bullshit exchange. In a few months and this exchange will be dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: