Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates says crypto-currencies cause deaths  (Read 815 times)
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:39:27 PM

Truly, money cause death itself, whether it bitcoin or not. We have to admit, it's something rotten in humans' nature to turn good things into evil. I'm just disappointed Bill Gates didn't think of a new technology in a positive way. He could have suggested something useful
Yes, we are anonymous but try to think this is not all about supporting terrorists how they can initiate to buy weapons and guns. Bitcoin is all about earning good moneys to help people in the economy and the transaction is clearly all about investment. Do you think bitcoin accepts the payment to buy such illegal weapons and guns. Bitcoin is useful in investment transaction not in illegal communication.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:12:34 PM

It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
So we prohibit paper money because with them you can buy weapons and drugs?
Do we forbid water because we can drown ourselves?
C'mon...

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

He is right crypto-currency is used in wrong way like funding terrorists, drugs, tax evasion and money laundering. Definitely this kill innocent people.

The major issue with this stance/approach is that fiat is also used for all these things, and it is overwhelmingly likely that it is used for such activities to a much greater degree. So I don't think it is good to make it look like only crypto is to blame here, which is the effect produced, either intentionally or accidentally. We all know that cryptocurrencies, apart from a rare few like Byteball, are not very useful for large scale criminal operations if you need true, undisputed anonymity.
Blaming the gun inside of the shooter for taking life of an innocent shows how weak the judge is in head. Bill gates has mentioned only one way in which CRIMINALS are using bitcoin but he forgot to mention about all those people who have actually earned a lot of money with the help of bitcoin. It has saved them from financial crisis. Good people are going to use all inventions in good ways causing zero damage to humanity. Bitcoin is innocent.

It is not even so much blaming the gun instead of the shooter. It is more like blaming a specific model of a gun while keeping silent about other models used by gangsters. Yes, some models are used more often than others by criminals, but Bitcoin is not the favorite model in any case. Even if we banned the production of the favorite one, gangsters would simply use other firearms. Or just knives and bats, for example, if we ban them all.
Biasaae

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:32:35 AM

He can say whatever he wants. Because he is a famous person, all of his words are recorded and become important to many people. To me, it is just some kinds of the word of normal people. There are many billions say that bitcoin will live forever and cryptocurrency will become a part of this world
I really agree with you. I am sure in the future we will depend on Cryptocurrency and of course we will depend on Bitcoin. We all can not predict the development of Bitcoin, but I do not want to think that Bitcoin will die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: