Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:00:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can any government ban Bitcoin?  (Read 3247 times)
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:42:31 AM

when I know I'm not in the other bans do not want bitcoin in other countries because bitcoin approves and wants another government because it helps people to get rid of being bigger because bitcoin help to poor people to accumulate big money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:44:36 AM

I think it's clear some countries forbid bitcoin. Many reasons in every country that prohibits bitcoin. Essentially all these countries forbid bitcoin for fear of bankruptcy. There are also some countries that keep tight the original financial system of the country, including in my country that the economy is still low. I as an indirect bitcoin user bitcoin serve as a transaction tool, but bitcoin first sold to local currency so I can use it. With vara like that I can be able to use it and can profit quite a lot.
XpanderaX

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:49:59 AM

The state has power, the state also has rules. if the state wants to ban Bitcoin, I think it's very possible. and now there are some countries that prohibit Bitcoin. but a bitcoin player will not give up, even if the state has banned Bitcoin they will still find a way to keep playing Bitcoin, and earn Money from Bitcoin.
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:10:12 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Can the government of any major country step in and do the unlikely?

I think no one government can ban the bitcoin because the bitcoin is very powerful and for me it is not illegal. But if all the government helping each other to ban the bitcoin so it has a possibility to ban the bitcoin. I dont want to ban the bitcoin because the bitcoin is my only source of income and I love the bitcoin.
You're wrong, Government can quite ban Bitcoin if they want. In fact, China banned Bitcoin , closed some exchange site and prohibit ICOs. Bangladesh, Bolivia and some country banned bitcoin and cryptocurrencies because they avoid problems like illegal transactions, tax evasion.
So why have many countries accepted Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies yet?
Because of Blockchain which is behind technology of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, is really the revolution of technology. Blockchain is technology of the future and will have affect many aspects of society.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
bitcoinjasensatom

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:12:05 PM

Bitcoin has been around the borders of financial markets for less than a decade, but is slowly gaining importance as an alternative asset class.
Yes the government of a country is free to do what they want. The government has the authority to do anything against Bitcoin, it could be bitcoin banned in a country and Bitcoin could be used legally because of a regulation that regulates Bitcoin. Some of the weaknesses that exist today are Bitcoin does not get the trust of a government. Governments are usually frightened because Bitcoin sometimes experiences negative price shocks, so this makes the basis for decisions to be made by a country's government.
the government is not frightened but about close minded for cryptocurrencies because they think it's not yet proven to be a convenient method of payment and by that they will never accept bitcoin
until atleast, it's proven to be convenient to be used, however control over currencies also important and bitcoin's nature is decentralized, really the opposite and it's what makes the adoption becoming harder.

I don't think so that there are some government ban Bitcoin coz there are lot of advantages in Bitcoin can offer to the community. It make a lifestyle more convenient so there's no reason of banning Bitcoin.
Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:27:30 PM

I think yes, any Government can Banned Bitcoin any time in there country user only. Because government don’t have any benefit from Bitcoin user.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:35:21 PM

Of course, the government can prohibit the use of bitcoin in the territory of their country. And we can hardly do anything. I can only hope that this will not happen in my country.
the government can only announce the ban in the country but they cannot  have any control on it and on the users and they do not know that who are using bitcoin and who are involved in it in their country. As bitcoin is an anonymous and decentralized currency. In the past many countries have imposed the ban but they failed to continue that ban for longer as they do not know the users and the users can easily use it online for their online uses and they can exchange them for any currency with any user of bitcoin.
Agree with the opinion submitted by you. The number of Bitcoin users is now rampant, the government will be distressed if it will eradicate the use of bitcoin in their country territory. Moreover, the use of bitcoin with anonymous, they will increasingly difficult to overcome. The government can only announce its prohibition and disagreement on the use of bitcoin but cannot go directly to eradicate.
With any ban, I think bitcoin users will not care about the ban and they will still use bitcoin as usual.

Yes, all of your state is right so government ban bitcoin but still they have no control to bitcoin.
However, if government ban bitcoin then mamy people will notice that maybe bitcoin is dangerous because their country ban bitcoin and the citizens will follow their government action.
gharjas2517

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:38:50 PM

I think that as long as those big governments join together to ban bitcoin, it is likely to inhibit the development of the community, but in the current situation, more countries want to participate in the encrypted world, and I think the next step should be more countries to compare special currency.
Transformer0101

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

https://saturn.black

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:44:35 PM

The government of one country will not be able to do anything with bitcoin, only can ban it in their country. But if the government wants to keep pace with the times, it will not.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:51:24 PM

Governments would ban the entire market if they wanted. But the high-ranking people in the government also have coins and do not bans.
I hope they will not forbid. Bitcoin is a money-making stock market. Let people make money.
supermam

Activity: 209
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:45:54 PM

Government cannot actually ban bitcoin but they can forbid people using it especially in their own country but they cannot forbid them in making transactions entire world.because bitcoin is already known and been used as crypto currency.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:04:03 PM

Yes  ofcourse, it can be impossible because government has a control to stop or to prevent the issues that can may affect the people or our surroundings
the government has duty to be a responsible leader and also to  protect his fellow.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:15:45 PM

The government can certainly do anything, if the government banned bitcoin but I'm sure this will not have a big impact because bitcoin users spread all over the world and unique some countries just legalize bitcoin like Japan, Sweden, Denmark and so on.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
miyong

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:43:51 PM

The government can do anything and can implement different rules. So i guess, any nation and government can ban bitcoin anytime. But i am still hoping that it will not happen in our country.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
  Print  

Jump to: