Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋  (Read 47634 times)
AppCoins

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:38:58 AM

Hi, did the pre-sale of coins start already? Am I too late?

The presale started on November 6th. You're not too late, but today is the last (ends at 11:59 GMT time). Let us know if you require any assistance.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:47:01 AM

Tell more about advisors

We've conducted a Live Q&A session where we've answered a question about that: https://soundcloud.com/appcoins/live-qa-1-podcast

Listen at the minute 43:37 it should answer your question. But let us know if you need anything else.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:53:28 AM

Is it possible to apply for the twitter campaign even as a newbie? I have around 3200 followers on twitter and all active with 98% audit.

For all things bounty please contact Sylon at our Bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2295801.0
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:59:44 AM

Do you have at least one agreement with app store?

Yes, the project is being supported/developed by Aptoide: http://www.aptoide.com/
Aptoide is the third largest Android app store, and its been around for a quite a long time: https://techcrunch.com/2016/01/05/aptoide-series-a/

We are in talks with other independent app stores which may also adopt the protocol after some time.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:06:31 AM

Read something about this 2-minute attention. How to do it?  Its just like when we check on some Apps, there would like a pop-up to advertise that App? Sorry just curious about this one.

The attention, in this case, would be actually using that app. The Proof-of-attention check would be done by the smart contract oracle (which according to the protocol specification is each app store). The installation of that app would have to have been triggered by a sponsored ad placement within the app store. Hope that answers your question.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:13:02 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 02:35:16 PM by AppCoins

Can you tell me what is the difference between your application that would put your app in a hedge in terms of other investing systems

We would present two reasons:
1. AppCoins is currently one of the few ICOs where the user base already exists: Aptoide (https://www.aptoide.com) is the first app store to adopt the protocol and it's supporting its implementation - while having currently having 200 million active users.
2. The technology associated with the protocol already exists. Very early stage protocol implementations are already active as you can see here: https://github.com/Aptoide/AppCoins-ethereumj - a blog post is being released shortly with all the technical details. In a few months time, we expect that the first beta version should already be in use by Aptoide users.

AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:17:53 AM

This project has a potential but give us more info about this appcoins.But nevertheless its a good one.

New project, new possibility. I hope appcoin will be gain great achievement in short time.

A new way of app development here.Nice one.The concept of this thing is so different amongst others.Hope it would be a success.

I just stumbled upon this project while I was browsing around medium, I've seen your partnership with Indorse and I got really interested. I've read your whitepaper and wow I'm impressed, it's the first that I've encounter a project that offers a proof of attention, this is a huge plus, this can benefit not just the advertisers but the users as well, users can gain incentives while advertisers can reach a bigger market. You've also stated that you're going to incorporate this project to some applications, seeing that you're in partnership with aptoid, I don't find that quite impossible. Overall I see such a big potential with this project, if everything on the roadmap will be carry out properly then this project is going to the moon.

Investment aspect to appcoin is unique, just like a saving account that generate interest every month, only that interest in appcoin is better

Thanks for the support!
autolove2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:25:06 AM

How much you raised right now? Where is counter of raised amount? Do you have bonus?
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:37:12 AM

I've read your whitepaper and with regards to the "IN-APP" It states that we will be able to purchase things from games through your app. Would you be available in the Itunes appstore and how do you propose that you would be able to get a partnership with these games? I'm very interested since i'm a gamer myself. Specifically STEAM. Would I be able to purchase steam cards and such through your app?

The idea would be to become a universal protocol for mobile app store. We reckon however that a partnership with Apple may not be feasible - but it's not impossible. Anyway, the focus is mobile apps, and mainly Android apps, since that's the environment where Aptoide (the main supporter of the project) already operates. Steam apps are not yet planned to be included in the protocol specification, but we're open to that idea, and to other ideas from the community. We believe that the protocol may benefit other similar industries.
dipok07

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:39:54 AM

Appcoin will be best coin in future.just keep some knowledge about cryptographic than gain proper idea of appcoin

CRYPTAL DASH ❍ ❍ ❍ Exchange is LIVE, we're giving away4,7m$ in   trading credits
███████ Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Blog   |   Website   |   Whitepaper  ████████
███████   Telegram   |   Bounty Telegram   |   ANN Thread   |   Bounty Thread   ███████
mariah.sadio

Activity: 573
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:44:47 AM

I checked out your website and based on what I read, correct me I am wrong, we can invest in Appcoins like perse a bank; we just leave our credits there and it will gain interest per anum?

Yes, that's a possibility. Even though it's mainly a utility coin, given that its market value is expected to grow, you can look at it as an asset.

What kind money can we save using appcoins in the future? appcoin tokens? or can we also save other currency for savings?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE 
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:49:38 AM

What will be the use of this token? Are we going to use it to purchase app or earn the token by creating app! App economy propounded by this project could be huge, I will like some clearity on how the token will be used!

Hi Matico, thanks for the interest. The answer is yes. It will be used to buy in-app items. It will also be used to reward users for their attention. And the tokens can also be used to "vote" on apps to improve their reputation (its not 100% like voting but its similar).

Here are two videos that we've produced with all the technical details (more videos are coming, covering all possible use cases):
1. General overview of the use cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxCmcEyFPdg&t=22s
2. Specific details on its mobile advertising use case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8R3bPY3eA&t=218s. We also have a blog post that further describe this use case: https://medium.com/@appcoins/appcoins-protocol-mobile-advertising-50f3434d927f.

Additionally, our crowdsale document also contains an overall description of the possible use cases for different types of users: https://appcoins.io/pdf/appcoins_crowdsale.pdf (starting on page 23)
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:53:51 AM

200 Million User. 400Billion Download! This is a very HUGE market for Appcoin. If you pay develop in appcoin, is there a guarantee exchange that pin the value of appcoin regardless of it's market price. For a  developer this is very important! One we like to lock in the value!

We are debating a system similar to that. In order for developers and users to use appcoins for transactions need a token with smaller fluctuations (ERC20 are usually volatile) or some kind of mechanism that locks the value. We don't have a solution just yet, but we are working on this.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:59:09 AM

Can you go more into detail about how 'Proof-of-Attention' works?

From what I çan understand and interpret from the Appcoins meetup in Singapore, the 'Proof-of-Attention' (unofficial term) is based on the ecosystem when the users download a certain app and uses it, they are paid in tokens depending on the level of usage/online. So the more they use a certain app, the more token they can gain. This will also in term feedback to the developers on usage patterns of their respective user. This whole process is term 'Proof-of-Attention', and you can see it as the user 'mining'+playing the game at the same time.

One key thing to take note is that the token issued to the user is locked (in another words, they can transferred or use it) until they spent a certain amount.

Can you go more into detail about how 'Proof-of-Attention' works?

I'm also curious about this. I've never heard of it, but I could see it being very useful in a wide variety of applications.

Definitely it can be applied in a wide range of area. Appcoins is built as an protocol so any company or system can apply appcoins protocol to be part of their ecosystem.

That could allow for a wide range of uses. So each token could also allow a certain amount of usage time?

Looks like I got buried over night. I still want ot know more about Proof of Attention.

Essentially the system will use the app stores to verify which process is in the foreground. The app store will be the smart contract oracle, which means that after the attention confirmation, the smart contract is activated and the different stakeholders are paid (the users receive the greatest amount, which they can then spend in in-app purchases).
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:00:36 PM

I have been using aptoide app for a long time to download my favorite app that i cannot download from another sites , looking at this project is more interesting , it will be a good project , .

I've never used it. What are the advantages? Is it less regulated than Google's Play store?

The main advantage is that Aptoide is a decentralized app store, where users create their profiles and upload content to share with the community. The decentralization motto its a good fit for blockchain and AppCoins, and that's why we're working with Aptoide.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:02:56 PM

Are you guys looking for more advisors to bring on?

Curious.

We are not looking for advisors actively, but we'll never refuse an advisor that can add value to the protocol. You may contact us at info@appcoins.io.

In case minimum investment target is not met would the company the company refund the money? Do you already have an escrow account?

We are using a third party entity to write the smart contract and issuing the token which is Token Market. Token market (https://tokenmarket.net/about) guarantees that in case the soft cap is not reached, the money is refunded. Token Market is responsible for token issuing for some of the top ICOs in the last year.

Another interesting project but Manager can you edit the roadmap because the pre-sale is November 6, 2018 instead of November 6, 2017.
It can create confusion to all investors and supporters.

Thank you will do.
As we are potential investors can u tell us what we can expect in terms of value when coins are listed?

Page 42 of the Crowdsale document answers that: https://appcoins.io/pdf/appcoins_crowdsale.pdf
But let us know if you require any further assistance Smiley

Nice about the advisors.  Can you share how many people are working on AppCoins right now?

Currently the people working on AppCoins are the ones listed on the team section on our website: https://appcoins.io/
This team is backed up by an additional 90 people from Aptoide.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:26:27 PM

Will this be under google play or just an individual stand by your team?
As what I understand in their project I guess they are independent company and they are not planning in doing a collaboration to google play.
But in their Pre-load Tier1 OEMs it is stated that " other apps store that joined ". So I am confuse what stores that they are pointing to it as google play is a big company already and I am not sure that they will take part in this project.

Google Play and Apple are potential partners in the long run. However, those other app stores that are mentioned are other independent/third-party app stores. There are many like these, from regional app stores (think Yandex in Russia, 9Apps in India, CafeBazaar in Iran, etc..). And then there are others: http://www.businessofapps.com/guide/app-stores-list/

Overall AppAnnie estimates that the annual revenue of the third party app stores matches Google Play's in 2017: https://www.appannie.com/en/insights/market-data/app-store-revenue-forecast-139-billion-2021/

So even without a partnership with other major player the potential of the AppCoins protocol is still quite big.

AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:27:40 PM

Could you verify if your application would be in connection to itunes, and as for the accessability, would it be available in the Philippines?

Yes it would be. Aptoide is already quite big in the Phillipines.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:28:41 PM

Would be the advantage of your application compared to that of google play store?

Aptoide is decentralized and works a bit like a social network for Android apps.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:30:52 PM

Would this application be free for all? And if you were to sell "cards" for games how would your company make profit of such, out of curiosity? Isn't your goal for this app to gain revenue for your company?

AppCoins is not actually a company, it will be a non-profit foundation. So, the objective is not for AppCoins to generate profit, but only to oversee the protocol development. AppCoins compliant app stores, OEMs and developers all make a profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: